Chris Ashton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TiltonTiger

Chris Ashton

Post by TiltonTiger »

Better minds than me will understand this signing. I just hope he remembers it’s a team game and isn’t only in it to break the try count record.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Chris Ashton

Post by Big Dai »

Nope! Nor rappeh!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LongsladeTiger

Post by LongsladeTiger »

Whatever the logic, or reason, truly shocking no other words for it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Meh!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Short term contract on a final warning what’s to loose. They must feel they need the cover for some reason
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

TiltonTiger wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:59 pm Better minds than me will understand this signing. I just hope he remembers it’s a team game and isn’t only in it to break the try count record.
If he crosses for a few for Tigers and breaks the record then few will begrudge him that!
Semper in excretia
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:21 pm
TiltonTiger wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:59 pm Better minds than me will understand this signing. I just hope he remembers it’s a team game and isn’t only in it to break the try count record.
If he crosses for a few for Tigers and breaks the record then few will begrudge him that!
I guess so. But I might hold my nose while I applaud his tries (if it is physically possible to do that!)
Last edited by TiltonTiger on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Oh dear... there must be issues with Muri and / or Nadalo. Otherwise, I have no idea why we would do this to ourselves.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I originally thought we had lost the plot, but Steve knows him, he must be cheap and knows it could be his last chance and if there was another winger who will be off at the end of the season, say to the Southern hemisphere, it could give them the chance to go early....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

If nothing else he provides a training aid. If Kini is injured, it means that we can cope with an injury to Burns/Hegarty without too much disruption.

About this time last year we signed Darrell Marfo as short term cover at prop, he never played for us. I suspect if we have got a few injuries an extra body in training will help.

In Borthwick and Wigglesworth we have guys who know him and can put him straight, plus Aled and Kevin, neither of whom I imagine will suffer fools lightly.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LongsladeTiger

Post by LongsladeTiger »

If the situation is that desperate we have Cobus VW don't we ? Surely a better option than The Splash . Other options to bring SAR or JO back or even Tom Varndel.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Not my favourite player by a long, long way but, IBWT. He always seemed to have that Saracens' arrogance about him. Let's hope there's a bit of humility about him now and he can keep up to Aled's/ Steve's standards.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

As I've stated in another thread, I understand the economics for the squads demographic. Lots of players early and late in their careers. However, I do wonder when we'll pick up Godfrey and Pike?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I am asking myself if he’s match fit after not have turned out for many matches for Worcester. If not, then it’ll take a couple of weeks of intensive fitness training to get him ready. That said, let’s not be too surprised if he’s on the bench Friday night!!
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:33 pm I am asking myself if he’s match fit after not have turned out for many matches for Worcester. If not, then it’ll take a couple of weeks of intensive fitness training to get him ready. That said, let’s not be too surprised if he’s on the bench Friday night!!
We know he's been training with the squad for at least a week.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.