Tigers in the 6N U20’s

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers in the 6N U20’s

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Personally I have been worried about the lack of Rugby Johnny Law has had this season, if one of JVP or WW got crocked we would be in the brown stuff....although I reckon Kini would give 9 a try.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:04 pm Personally I have been worried about the lack of Rugby Johnny Law has had this season, if one of JVP or WW got crocked we would be in the brown stuff....although I reckon Kini would give 9 a try.
Law has been playing BUCS rugby for Loughborough University I think. Means he plays Wednesdays but is then available the travel with the squad at weekends. I think he's studying and living with Steward and Kelly.

Edwards has had some game time at Notts and now England under 20s.

If anything WW and JVP might be looking over their shoulders and thinking they need to keep playing well otherwise Borthwick has options.
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

I was pretty unimpressed with England's blindside choices before the Wales game. I thought Chandler Cunningham-South had a good game against Wales. Big but mobile player who can play lock and 6. Interesting to see Ewan Richards back in the 6 shirt.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Have the situation where we play Irish in the PRC 48 hours after Exeter in the premiership. Would expect 2 different squads for those so possibly see both Law and Edwards
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:12 am Have the situation where we play Irish in the PRC 48 hours after Exeter in the premiership. Would expect 2 different squads for those so possibly see both Law and Edwards
That game should be prime opportunity for a lot of our younger players. I'd expect to see the likes of these under 20 guys plus maybe the loan players like Nansen and Robinson get a go as well as Lancaster. With the squad we have, as long as injuries don't hit, we should be able to get a nice mix of playing ability out there.

For instance;
Van Wyk, Clare, Hurd
Manz, Henderson (hopefully he's fit and on the comeback trail)
Robinson, Nansen, Ilione
Law, Lancaster
Socino, Cusick
Saumaki, Murimurivalu, Van Wyk

Vanes, Richardson, Hoyt/Rowntree, Chessum Jnr, Agbongbon, Edwards, Hegarty, Woodward.

Could maybe swap Hegarty and Murimurivalu.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:28 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:04 pm Personally I have been worried about the lack of Rugby Johnny Law has had this season, if one of JVP or WW got crocked we would be in the brown stuff....although I reckon Kini would give 9 a try.
Law has been playing BUCS rugby for Loughborough University I think. Means he plays Wednesdays but is then available the travel with the squad at weekends. I think he's studying and living with Steward and Kelly.

If anything WW and JVP might be looking over their shoulders and thinking they need to keep playing well otherwise Borthwick has options.
Edwards’ performances for Notts show he’s well below prem level right now, along with Browning and Cusick. Granted they are developing but of those playing regularly, only Vanes looks likely to make it at senior level.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Dokie wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:50 am
sam16111986 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:28 pm

Edwards’ performances for Notts show he’s well below prem level right now, along with Browning and Cusick. Granted they are developing but of those playing regularly, only Vanes looks likely to make it at senior level.

Personally of those four you mentioned, I think there's a big difference between some of them. One of those is still 18! Yet starting for England U20's with over a year to go still being eligible for them.

Of the 4 you mentioned there's some key differences. Key being their ages... RB or someone likely to correct me but think it's something like this as the makeup of our dev squad:

19/20 intake
Browning
Law
Manz
Vanes

20/21 intake
Edwards
Ilione
Rowntree
Smith

21/22 intake
Cusick
Chessum jnr
Hoyt

The fact is that Cusick, Chessum jnr & Hoyt are playing England U20's while they're U19 age group.

Personally I thinm Cusick of those you stated is very much likely to make it, but we'll see. Of those 4 you mentioned I suspect time has run out on Browning, but the others have time.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Vanes is in the same group as Edwards and Ilione.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:25 am Vanes is in the same group as Edwards and Ilione.
Cheers RB, knew I'd get at least one wrong...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Cusick with an assist, and then almost follows it up with another!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:28 pm Cusick with an assist, and then almost follows it up with another!
Where is it being shown
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:33 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:28 pm Cusick with an assist, and then almost follows it up with another!
Where is it being shown
BBC website
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:33 pm
Where is it being shown
BBC website
Thank you
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

A bit outclassed by a very tidy looking Irish team. Thought all our boys did well though.