Question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: Question

Post by Noggs »

Despite the views of some, the pandemic if far from over and a cautious approach is to be welcomed. Social separation and the wearing of masks whilst no longer mandated is still the sensible way forward. It just a pity that more people don't seem to have common sense. We should all be prepared to give up a bit for the benefit of all. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Well said, Noggs ! :smt023
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

To be fair, if you're choosing to be on the terrace, I don't think you're that worried about social separation. Having 2 metres between yourself and some players who briefly run past you 4 times and have been tested on a regular basis is virtually risk free when compared to spending 2 hours surrounded by thousands of people with zero separation.

I doubt any rugby players are that worried about it either, considering how often you still see players embracing fans for photos after a match and how many were caught breaking the rules even when covid was something we should all be genuinely fearful of.

It's just a case of ticking the right boxes as a club and not leaving yourself open to criticism.
PAW4

Post by PAW4 »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:30 am It’s pretty full where I was on Saturday.

This restriction particularly annoys me as I have stood behind the opposition dugout for over 25 years and I would like to return.
What I don’t get is why it is so big? If it is to protect players from both sides which I fully understand then surely 2 metre is plenty whilst now it must be about 12 metres. Also if you wanted to keep people away from behind the dugout then at least have the back part of the terrace behind the gangway open, up to within 2 metres of the tunnel. That would add a couple of hundred extra terraces spaces at least.
Apart from everything else I think it reduces the potency of the atmosphere of the stadium which must be noticeable on the pitch. Noise generated close to the centre of the pitch must be missed.

There seem to be two arguments for keeping the neutral zone.

1. Covid security.
I personally believe the removal of covid restrictions is premature but respect that's an opinion and no more valid than any others on the subject. However, even at its peak, pre-vaccinations, it was a 2 metre limit. If we took the no - go area to the outside of the TV gantry, we would still have the 2 metres. The tunnel could be kept as a no entry point for supporters who would just turn left or right from the other entry points....as we always did.

2. Room for bikes and the huge amount of bodies apparently needed on the benches.
The bike / collision risk maybe reasonable, but do we have to have bikes or could the players warm up as the subs do? The suggestion about would still leave room for 1 or two bikes per team. Why so many on and now behind, the benches anyway? At the weekend there were several non-playing players from both sides and other officials meandering around and chatting at various points. It would appear they were there because they could be, not that they needed to be. They always managed in the stand before. Only need the subs, one coach (coms are much better from the stand now) a couple of water carriers and maybe couple of medics.

Those not standing in the area may not know that we originally has about another two bodies width allowed, but then decided the hatched area could not be stood on either. I assume its some kind of H&S regulation,. but given there was no-one in the dead zone, if we needed to evacuate, there would be plenty of room. to move.

I have no special insight, just a concern that the club may be getting comfortable with the excessive dead zone and that leaves us bunched up. Maybe they want us t move to higher priced seating?
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

I think I read before its also to do with the support staff and subs, our dug outs aren't the biggest and are virtually on the pitch , so they need the room directly behind