Question

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Question

Post by chappie »

Having visited WR yesterday for the first time in five seasons I must say I was very impressed with what I saw on the pitch.

My question is I suppose is more directed at the club but no doubt someone on here might be able to shed some light on it.
Why on the Terrace is there such a large area cordoned off on the players entrance?
I know most will say it’s because of Covid-19, but I don’t get that as other grounds the players run out where the supporters are able to touch the players. My point is by reducing the Terrace capacity the club are making more money off those none ticket holders as they are having to pay more to be seated in other areas of the stadium.
I would like to know your thoughts.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Tigerbeat

Re: Question

Post by Tigerbeat »

This is a Covid measure.....other Premiership grounds are naturally distanced from the players.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm This is a Covid measure.....other Premiership grounds are naturally distanced from the players.
How is that a Covid measure? the 2m rule is no longer a measure Tigerbeat.
The fans at Gloucester can touch the players as they run out!
I would love someone to reply from the club as it seems very extreme to have that large space un occupied and like I said the fans are paying for it as they are paying extra to be accommodated somewhere else in the stadium.
It just doesn’t make sense when people are standing and sitting next to each other, packed bars, need I go on?😀
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

chappie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:03 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:09 pm This is a Covid measure.....other Premiership grounds are naturally distanced from the players.
How is that a Covid measure? the 2m rule is no longer a measure Tigerbeat.
The fans at Gloucester can touch the players as they run out!
I would love someone to reply from the club as it seems very extreme to have that large space un occupied and like I said the fans are paying for it as they are paying extra to be accommodated somewhere else in the stadium.
It just doesn’t make sense when people are standing and sitting next to each other, packed bars, need I go on?😀
I think its less about the fans mixing with each other and more the fans mixing with the players, given all the travel restrictions and how devastating a covid outbreak can be to a squad (especially with forfeit games etc). Whether its a mandated rule or not is irrelevant, Tigers have obviously decided a more cautious approach.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Just classic double standards whats good for the players should also be goodenough for us supporters
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:35 pm
Just classic double standards whats good for the players should also be goodenough for us supporters
Players are still under testing protocols so caution is quite sensible…..without the players available, there may be cancellations and potential loss of revenue…..all about reducing the risks.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:51 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:35 pm

Players are still under testing protocols so caution is quite sensible…..without the players available, there may be cancellations and potential loss of revenue…..all about reducing the risks.
I would agree with this, the company I work for is still asking people to wear masks, keeping Perspex screens in place between work stations , and limited one way systems around the offices. It is all about reducing risk
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

So Covid-19 is with us and quite possibly will never go away.
So surly the ideal solution would be for the club to invest in a covered player’s tunnel like they have in football, it would be a win win for everyone?😀
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

chappie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:38 pm So Covid-19 is with us and quite possibly will never go away.
So surly the ideal solution would be for the club to invest in a covered player’s tunnel like they have in football, it would be a win win for everyone?😀
I would guess that it is expense which they cannot justify at the moment……if there were full houses for every home game, it would be a valid consideration but whilst there are still seats available, it could be seen as a cost not appropriate at this time. These are my personal thoughts.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Anything that makes our ground look more like a soccer stadium is to be resisted!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Post by SASCOkid »

I think we should be comforted that the club is responsibly carrying out its own risk assessments and and making necessary adjustments for the safety of the players. It's the club that are taking the loss in ticket sales so I'm I'm sure that they are just as anxious to remove barriers as soon as they judge it safe to do so.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

SASCOkid wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:54 pm I think we should be comforted that the club is responsibly carrying out its own risk assessments and and making necessary adjustments for the safety of the players. It's the club that are taking the loss in ticket sales so I'm I'm sure that they are just as anxious to remove barriers as soon as they judge it safe to do so.
I get what you are saying to some degree but it’s not even as though the playing squad are in a
bubble.
I would just have thought that they would be able to put something in place so the terrace would be able to be at full capacity. 😀
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:27 pm
chappie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:38 pm So Covid-19 is with us and quite possibly will never go away.
I would guess that it is expense which they cannot justify at the moment……if there were full houses for every home game, it would be a valid consideration but whilst there are still seats available, it could be seen as a cost not appropriate at this time. These are my personal thoughts.
Our terrace is not steep enough, folks standing near the tunnel would not be able to see over the top and would only be able to see their half of the pitch. Anyway the terrace is not full these days.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

It’s pretty full where I was on Saturday.

This restriction particularly annoys me as I have stood behind the opposition dugout for over 25 years and I would like to return.
What I don’t get is why it is so big? If it is to protect players from both sides which I fully understand then surely 2 metre is plenty whilst now it must be about 12 metres. Also if you wanted to keep people away from behind the dugout then at least have the back part of the terrace behind the gangway open, up to within 2 metres of the tunnel. That would add a couple of hundred extra terraces spaces at least.
Apart from everything else I think it reduces the potency of the atmosphere of the stadium which must be noticeable on the pitch. Noise generated close to the centre of the pitch must be missed.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I believe that the width has been determined by the entry points……the central entry path to the pitch curently has no access for fans. I believe that the bikes have had to be moved from pitchside as too close and will remain where there are for the forseeable future.

If you want any more information, suggest that you email the club.
www.matthampson.co.uk