Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Bunchy »

As I recall it, the band sparked it up first, and one of our vocal leaders (Mike) started geeing us up and singing it and it just caught on as the game went on - the chorus could work for us and it certainly did on the day to the point where players noticed it on the pitch !!
Less is more....
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Crofty »

shanghaitiger wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:45 pm
Crofty wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:05 pm
KiwiTig wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 pm I was there and the 4 line “Take me home Welford Road, it’s a place we belong, Leicester Tigers, right beside me, take me home Welford ” version was ringing around the stadium after the game ..it was mentioned by Nick Mullens on BT and even Clermont fans joined in ! After the game the players were singing with us it was just incredible to hear !
It worked once at a famous victory so no reason it shouldn’t work again! Why reinvent the wheel!
Keep it simple
“It’s a place we belong”
This works well and would remain timless
Could we maybe all agree a time in the match that we could start trying to sing this on Saturday? Maybe then if there was enough of us doing it the rest of the crowd would join in? I was also very impressed by the group singing at Worcester away earlier in the season from one of the ends: "Borthwick you're the one..." and "Nic Dolly, Dolly, Dolly, Dolly" spring to mind.
There's another thread on this now, chorus on kick offs following Tigers' scores.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere