Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Postiger2 »

Evening all, just back from Spain. Can anyone tell me if the whole game us available to watch anywhere? Unfortunately my TIVO box was at 100% so it hasn't recorded :smt013
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Postiger2 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:05 pm Evening all, just back from Spain. Can anyone tell me if the whole game us available to watch anywhere? Unfortunately my TIVO box was at 100% so it hasn't recorded :smt013
Available on BT Sports app in full
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:29 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:05 pm Evening all, just back from Spain. Can anyone tell me if the whole game us available to watch anywhere? Unfortunately my TIVO box was at 100% so it hasn't recorded :smt013
Available on BT Sports app in full
Many thanks Tigerbeat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Not read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned the atmosphere, it was incredible, the Clermont fans are wonderful, as are the town folk, their band really kept them going but, I don't know "Pith Heads" name, or heard it before but I think we have a new anthem, its John Denver's "Country Road", "take me home to the place I belong Leicester Tigers", etc etc "take me home to Welford road". Even some of their fans were joining in after the game. Well done Pith Head, whoever you are, he also appears to be a bit of a pithhead. :smt030 :smt041 :smt035
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

LE18 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:08 pm Not read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned the atmosphere, it was incredible, the Clermont fans are wonderful, as are the town folk, their band really kept them going but, I don't know "Pith Heads" name, or heard it before but I think we have a new anthem, its John Denver's "Country Road", "take me home to the place I belong Leicester Tigers", etc etc "take me home to Welford road". Even some of their fans were joining in after the game. Well done Pith Head, whoever you are, he also appears to be a bit of a pithhead. :smt030 :smt041 :smt035
Sounds awesome. I'll give it a blow
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

LE18 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:08 pm Not read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned the atmosphere, it was incredible, the Clermont fans are wonderful, as are the town folk, their band really kept them going but, I don't know "Pith Heads" name, or heard it before but I think we have a new anthem, its John Denver's "Country Road", "take me home to the place I belong Leicester Tigers", etc etc "take me home to Welford road". Even some of their fans were joining in after the game. Well done Pith Head, whoever you are, he also appears to be a bit of a pithhead. :smt030 :smt041 :smt035
Take me home, WELFORD ROAD; it’s the place, I belong, LEICESTER TIGERS, STEVIE BORTHWICK, take me home, WELFORD ROAD

repeat
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tigersunited wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:17 am
Take me home, WELFORD ROAD; it’s the place, I belong, LEICESTER TIGERS, STEVIE BORTHWICK, take me home, WELFORD ROAD

repeat
Sounds good to me. Hesitate to say this but, given speculation on The Forum, we could replace Stevie Borthwick with "red,white and green" (said quickly it just works) to give it some longevity if he leaves.

I also think we lack a natty little ditty after we score a try. The Opus track "Live is Life" post match would be a good basis. Replace the "Live is Life" in the chorus with something like "Tigers try" (2 beats on the "Tigers") and repeats a few times accompanied to clapping to the beat.
As Good As It Gets
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The players have all mentioned the atmosphere and the huge amount of noise the Tigers fans were making
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Really enjoyed the trip over(even though our train back from Clermont to Paris was cancelled) and thought that the performance was exceptional . Plenty of Tigers fans there and the Clermont fans were top class in their reaction after the game. Shout out for the players who applauded us after the game.
A2O
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Scuttle wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:51 am
Tigersunited wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:17 am

repeat
Sounds good to me. Hesitate to say this but, given speculation on The Forum, we could replace Stevie Borthwick with "red,white and green" (said quickly it just works) to give it some longevity if he leaves.

I also think we lack a natty little ditty after we score a try. The Opus track "Live is Life" post match would be a good basis. Replace the "Live is Life" in the chorus with something like "Tigers try" (2 beats on the "Tigers") and repeats a few times accompanied to clapping to the beat.
This post got me thinking so I came up with this:

Apologies to John Denver (Country Roads) and Pithhead

Almost heaven, Welford Road
Where our Tigers, have played forever
Life’s the best there, one big family
Young and old together, cheering on our team

Welford Road, take me home
To the place I belong
Leicester Tigers, you’re the greatest
Take me home, to Welford Road

All the memories, since 1880
All the players, that have come and gone
Premier Cup wins, we have plenty
Europeans, we have two

To the place I belong

We’ll raise our voices, to drive the lads along
“Come on you Tigers”, chanted 80 minutes long
When the game is over, no matter win or lose
We support the greatest, in the red white and green

To the place I belong
Take me home, down to Welford Road
Take me home, down to Welford Road
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Excellent work. You need to get Gary Sherrard to put the words up on the big screen for the crowd to sing along
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 am Excellent work. You need to get Gary Sherrard to put the words up on the big screen for the crowd to sing along
I think IP and copyright may be an issue - Ed Sheeran comes to mind?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerCam wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:28 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 am Excellent work. You need to get Gary Sherrard to put the words up on the big screen for the crowd to sing along
I think IP and copyright may be an issue - Ed Sheeran comes to mind?
Possibly, maybe if they didn’t play the music.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Definitely need a thread for song lyrics on here!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

pith head is Mike Dixon, a good guy to be seen at practically every Tiger's match home or away, organised the bucket collection at Welford Road to boost Sir Kev's MND efforts on behalf or Rob Burrows, raised about £8,000.00 As I say a good guy but I never had him down as a musician!