Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Crofty »

markharbtiger wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:50 am Have not seen the game as I’m away at the moment. I’m hoping it will still be available to stream when I get back?
It's available on BT Sport by whichever means you usually access it, if of course you do access it.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have just arisen from my sleep downstairs after too much amber liquid - didn't make my bed - too old by far for this but what a match and for me Reffell was immense - don't know his stats but we need to keep him if at all possible. The ref I thought had a good game on the whole. He dealt with the Porter incident calmly and went through the questions in law he has to ask and gave his opinion. Whilst we can all have our opinions, he answered the questions and came to the answer which was right for him. I hoped for a yellow but can see why he had a different opinion to me. My main disagreement was he kept referring to "clear line of sight" when he wasn't looking at the player (maybe he should have been) but was clearly looking at the ball. Lets hope for a 4 week reduced to 2.
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:15 am I have just arisen from my sleep downstairs after too much amber liquid - didn't make my bed - too old by far for this but what a match and for me Reffell was immense - don't know his stats but we need to keep him if at all possible. The ref I thought had a good game on the whole. He dealt with the Porter incident calmly and went through the questions in law he has to ask and gave his opinion. Whilst we can all have our opinions, he answered the questions and came to the answer which was right for him. I hoped for a yellow but can see why he had a different opinion to me. My main disagreement was he kept referring to "clear line of sight" when he wasn't looking at the player (maybe he should have been) but was clearly looking at the ball. Lets hope for a 4 week reduced to 2.
Tremendous sensible post
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

A wonderful game of rugby and a well deserved win for Tigers who showed some flare in attack and much fortitude in defence.

For me the Porter red card was never a red. Both player were moving forward at the point of collision and both were looking at the ball rather than at one another. Both were upright as there was no reason to be otherwise and the clash of heads was completely accidental In other words it was a 'rugby incident'.

The foul play comes from the contention that the Porter run was reckless but why? Is the ref suggesting that he deliberately ran into the other player or is he suggesting that running around a rugby field is in itself a reckless activity?

Nobody want to see head contact but with all the best of intentions it is going to happen from time to time. It doesn't always have to have blame attached.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Great away wins in Europe include of course the 2001 Final, Munster at Thomond Park, Perpignan, Montpellier and now Clermont, we have won there before but they then were not the team they became and the crowd was not as passionate either. This was a magnificent victory I am only sorry that I was not there to enjoy it, I have been at all previous big occasions watching on TV is just not the same.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Noggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:33 am A wonderful game of rugby and a well deserved win for Tigers who showed some flare in attack and much fortitude in defence.

For me the Porter red card was never a red. Both player were moving forward at the point of collision and both were looking at the ball rather than at one another. Both were upright as there was no reason to be otherwise and the clash of heads was completely accidental In other words it was a 'rugby incident'.

The foul play comes from the contention that the Porter run was reckless but why? Is the ref suggesting that he deliberately ran into the other player or is he suggesting that running around a rugby field is in itself a reckless activity?

Nobody want to see head contact but with all the best of intentions it is going to happen from time to time. It doesn't always have to have blame attached.
Fantastic post!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:39 am
Noggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:33 am A wonderful game of rugby and a well deserved win for Tigers who showed some flare in attack and much fortitude in defence.

Fantastic post!
Yes i agree with all of that, regarding the performance and the red card. Thanks Noggs.
Soggypitch
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Soggypitch wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:37 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:39 am

Fantastic post!
Yes i agree with all of that, regarding the performance and the red card. Thanks Noggs.
I think you are spot-on. It's knock for knock, exchange details l, clear the road and get on with it.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:15 am Lets hope for a 4 week reduced to 2.
I’m hoping that they will say the red card was sufficient as there was no intent, no foul play and it was clearly accidental. I think 2 weeks would be very harsh on the lad. By the letter of the law I can see how a red card was given however I’m hoping that will be deemed enough.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:45 pm
I’m hoping that they will say the red card was sufficient as there was no intent, no foul play and it was clearly accidental. I think 2 weeks would be very harsh on the lad
I would hope 2 weeks would be the absolute maximum
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:45 pm
I’m hoping that they will say the red card was sufficient as there was no intent, no foul play and it was clearly accidental. I think 2 weeks would be very harsh on the lad. By the letter of the law I can see how a red card was given however I’m hoping that will be deemed enough.
This would be absolutely the right action, I wont hold my breath though!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

If the ref thinks that Porter was reckless he clearly never watched Lewis Moody play.

Everyone is entitled to their view of course, mine is that it was never a red card.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

What a game
The place was a cauldron but the Tigers were supreme!
Outstanding performances all round and great support !
Glad to be home
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

old one eye wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:31 pm If the ref thinks that Porter was reckless he clearly never watched Lewis Moody play.

Everyone is entitled to their view of course, mine is that it was never a red card.
Different time different game. How many red cards would the likes of Moody or Johnson get in todays game if they didn’t moderate their behaviour
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:05 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:01 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:22 pm Really struggling to think of a better European away win,anyone please help?
Munster away was monumental ! 2007.
Paris?
Have we already forgotten last December’s win in Bordeaux, top in the French league & our side consisting of seemingly callow youths?