Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Just watched the red incident again,one of the worse decisions I’ve ever seen, a complete accident that couldn’t be avoided if you tried! Hopefully it’s rescinded but I doubt it!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:14 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:54 pm Not wishing to stoke the fire, as it’s done now, but there is a photo on Instagram at the point of impact in the red card incident, which doesn’t improve Porters case imo. There are of course others will disagree
I thought the ref's logic was fine. Porter was racing in so, accidental or not, he was reckless.
Sadly I think this is spot on and we need to move on and hope for a short ban. Plenary of other options but Peter did very well otherwise.

Excellent team performance. Well done to all and the coaches.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m pretty sure it was accidental. The fact that it was in open play……every breakdown there are body parts connecting with player’s heads…..but we carry on. I’m not saying make the game non contact, but it’s getting ridiculous.
Last edited by westwinds31 on Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don’t know if any of you have ever sprinted but I’ve got a very upright stance ,and when I played I’d never drop my body until I had an opposition player lined up. If I did my speed would slow down,so if Porter hasn’t seen the player and he’s just sprinting out the line at full pace how is it reckless?! That’s crazy thinking!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Or should we all just start running out the defensive line hunched over like Quasimodo just in case? 😂
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pm Don’t know if any of you have ever sprinted but I’ve got a very upright stance ,and when I played I’d never drop my body until I had an opposition player lined up. If I did my speed would slow down,so if Porter hasn’t seen the player and he’s just sprinting out the line at full pace how is it reckless?! That’s crazy thinking!
I don’t know who taught you to tackle but you dip and drive through accelerating. The problem was I think he was going for the intercept hence the upright stance
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I know I said it was Reffell’s best performance in a Tigers shirt, Calum Green also probably played his too. For me him and Chessum are now the first choice pairing, especially in the big games. Both just do the basics so well.

Snyman did really well too off the bench. We’ve got a great stable of locks, with Wells too, who rightfully earned his Eng cap. Just feel these two in the big games are prone to give away the odd stupid penalty.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:46 pm Don’t know if any of you have ever sprinted but I’ve got a very upright stance ,and when I played I’d never drop my body until I had an opposition player lined up. If I did my speed would slow down,so if Porter hasn’t seen the player and he’s just sprinting out the line at full pace how is it reckless?! That’s crazy thinking!
I don’t know who taught you to tackle but you dip and drive through accelerating. The problem was I think he was going for the intercept hence the upright stance
Yes you do,and dip and drive through when your man is lined up,Porter didn’t even see him that’s my point!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:55 pm I know I said it was Reffell’s best performance in a Tigers shirt, Calum Green also probably played his too. For me him and Chessum are now the first choice pairing, especially in the big games. Both just do the basics so well.

Snyman did really well too off the bench. We’ve got a great stable of locks, with Wells too, who rightfully earned his Eng cap. Just feel these two in the big games are prone to give away the odd stupid penalty.
Wells still our best lock for me,he’s go that dog I like to see in the engine room
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

As much as it pains me to say I think we are nearly agreeing, hence me saying he was looking for the intercept
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:59 pm As much as it pains me to say I think we are nearly agreeing, hence me saying he was looking for the intercept
I’ll just go and check hell hasn’t frozen over 😂👍
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:55 pm I know I said it was Reffell’s best performance in a Tigers shirt, Calum Green also probably played his too. For me him and Chessum are now the first choice pairing, especially in the big games. Both just do the basics so well.

For me Wells is our top lock atm, with Green, Snyman, Chessum all pretty close though. Henderson was playing well before his injury. So 5 real top quality options there is a great position to be in.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Terrific performance. Tactics for this game were spot on with a better mix of kicking and running rugby. Genge excellent as leader of the pack and captain. Chessum put in a hell of a shift too.Thought a Ford started a bit shakily but the played superbly.JVP was along with all the players superb. As for Reffell, proved today what a class act he is: the tackle and turnover in the first half when a Clermont try could have made a difference to their confidence was sensational.
Areas to improve: certainly the line out where I think we weren’t at our best with not straight throw ins etc.
Now we have to make sure we finish the job at home.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

HEROES! :smt027 :smt038
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Really struggling to think of a better European away win,anyone please help?