Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Clermont (Away) - Sunday 10th April 2022

Post by anz3001 »

Anyone clued up on VPNs guys. I’m currently on holiday and the BT Sport app on my phone resents me for it.
I’ve got Express VPN on my phone but the app still recognises I’m not in the UK so there must be some kind of setting somewhere that’s giving me away 🤦‍♂️
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:01 pm Anyone clued up on VPNs guys. I’m currently on holiday and the BT Sport app on my phone resents me for it.
I’ve got Express VPN on my phone but the app still recognises I’m not in the UK so there must be some kind of setting somewhere that’s giving me away 🤦‍♂️
Oakham Tiger is your man,PM him 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:01 pm Anyone clued up on VPNs guys. I’m currently on holiday and the BT Sport app on my phone resents me for it.
You probably need to be on 4/5g and not on Wifi.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

You probably need to pick a VPN server that's in the UK. If you connect to a foreign one BT will recognise that as being of non-UK origin.
I'm not cynical just experienced
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Yeah, unusually you'll need a UK VPN server. Sometimes you may need to fix the IP address, but that's rare cases
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

Thanks guys but tried it on wifi and data. And also all four of ExpressVPN’s UK based servers but still getting picked up somehow.

Guess I’ll have to connect to a French server and watch it on France 2
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

BT Sport blocks known VPN IP Addresses so once you’ve selected VPN on in Settings go to your Express VPN App and try each of the different locations within the UK and one will almost certainly work. There are usually dozens of different options for each location for this exact reason. Hope that helps, PM me if you have further issues and I’ll be happy to help if I can.. not saying I’m an expert mind you!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Fish8ter

Post by Fish8ter »

Also look at changing your clock time to UK time, I am sure that was an issue for me a few years back
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

Cafe pascal in the sunshine, beer, burger good company...and a free tram to the stade. Great to be back on the road with Tigers.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Have a great day everyone!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Youngs out ill, JVP at 9, Wigglesworth into the squad
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

For VPN, I would also try turning off GPS / location and try with a browser not the app. If you have a Windows device, you might have more luck than iOS or Android...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:13 pm Youngs out ill, JVP at 9, Wigglesworth into the squad
Big test for JVP against Parra
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Additional if there is the option to use a VPN IP address select that otherwise the phone/tablet may still be showing the IP address assigned by the local network rather than a UK one provided by the VPN. Some of the TV apps block some of the major VPN known IP addreses.

It may be too late for this trip, but for future use check if your own router has an inbuilt VPN facility. (I use a Draytek rather than the one Virgin provide) so when I am away I can connect as if if was sitting at home. Quite a number do for home workers needing a secure

Previously I would have said buy a slingbox which sends the output of your Sky/Virgin box over the ether to your device and operates it remotely. Legal as only 1 device can connect at once. However they were bought out a few years ago and manufacture discontinued and their servers are shutting down later this year.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

COYT!