Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: CHAMPIONS CUP/CHALLENGE CUP SECOND ROUND

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:56 pm
There are only 6 matches showing in the attached links for round of 16........where do the other two matches (4 teams) come from?
I thought I saw saw that too! But look again,it’s actually the last round of the group stages or it could be postponed games being played but because the HC second round has two legs they are playing the remaining games on that first leg weekend. Then both competitions tie in date wise. So it looks like the Challenge Cup second round is a straight one game knockout affair
Last edited by Scott1 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: CHAMPIONS CUP/CHALLENGE CUP SECOND ROUND

Post by LE18 »

Pmvl wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:51 pm Post by LE18 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 pm

What's best way to get there? I have been once, but stayed in Lyon, there's no cheap flights to Clermont and I've checked Eurostar its £220 approx. A car load would probably be the best way?

I've been to Clermont twice, first time I drove but it's a good long drive so I wouldn't recommend it, last timeI flew from Birmingham, there's flights with Air France changing in Pari, when I looked last night the flights are about £200.00 pp, got to talk to her indoors but I think that's the way. I'm going, long weekend Thursday till Monday
Thanks Pmvi, I had found that but discounted it due to the change in Paris. I have a credit from Eurostar from cancelled trip to BB, so may invest and take Mrs and stay Thursday to Monday also. Regarding car, I think we would stop overnight somewhere on route. Thanks again, I will mull this one over.