Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: SALE (A) - Sunday 30th January 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by Scott1 »

Dokie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 pm
Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm Genge and Ford are both very clear first choices, Moroni is not. Lavanini dropped to the bench when he decided to leave, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Agree Moroni is a top class player, but that means he will likely be looking for top class wages and if we can't justify his wages at 13, and Borthwick doesn't fancy him as a wing (or we can't justify his wages there either) then he'll probably leave. I get that he said he wanted to stay, but he's not going to say to the club "I want to stay, just pay me whatever you can afford" and turn down much bigger offers from elsewhere - real life doesn't work like that. It's also no coincidence when players like Scott and Moroni proclaim around contract renewal time that they love the club and want to stay.

I still hope he'll stay. :smt023
I disagree. Despite the squad rotation, Kelly and Moroni are very much first choice.
Kelly,Scott for me
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:38 pm
Dokie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:07 pm
Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm Genge and Ford are both very clear first choices, Moroni is not. Lavanini dropped to the bench when he decided to leave, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Agree Moroni is a top class player, but that means he will likely be looking for top class wages and if we can't justify his wages at 13, and Borthwick doesn't fancy him as a wing (or we can't justify his wages there either) then he'll probably leave. I get that he said he wanted to stay, but he's not going to say to the club "I want to stay, just pay me whatever you can afford" and turn down much bigger offers from elsewhere - real life doesn't work like that. It's also no coincidence when players like Scott and Moroni proclaim around contract renewal time that they love the club and want to stay.

I still hope he'll stay. :smt023
I disagree. Despite the squad rotation, Kelly and Moroni are very much first choice.
Kelly,Scott for me
For me it depends on our gameplan.

Moroni is the better defensive organiser
Scott is the better at attacking angles

That's the thing with Borthwick he'll pick the team that will best suit playing against the opposition.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Dokie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:12 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:22 pm Strong Team but i'd say Sale's XV is probably equally as strong if not slightly stronger.

The quality in our bench comapred to theirs could be telling so I'll go back to what i've come to conclude this season, if we are within 5 points of Sale with 20 to go, we'll most likely win given the stronger bench and our fitness levels under Aled.
I’d be very surprised if we don’t win.
I admire your optimism! Wish I felt the same.. will be a tough match I reckon with 2 very good sides going head to head. Reckon we have the stronger bench and the starting XVs are pretty even so should have enough to sneak a win but could go either way for me
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:48 pm
Dokie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:12 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:22 pm Strong Team but i'd say Sale's XV is probably equally as strong if not slightly stronger.

The quality in our bench comapred to theirs could be telling so I'll go back to what i've come to conclude this season, if we are within 5 points of Sale with 20 to go, we'll most likely win given the stronger bench and our fitness levels under Aled.
I’d be very surprised if we don’t win.
I admire your optimism! Wish I felt the same.. will be a tough match I reckon with 2 very good sides going head to head. Reckon we have the stronger bench and the starting XVs are pretty even so should have enough to sneak a win but could go either way for me
Feel a very close game coming on. Could come down to the battle at 10 Mcginty controls Sale, hopefully Burns can do the same
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

Just don't forget Bryce Hegarty and Freddie B could swap positions at any Time
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

At the start of the season I would have had a game like this down as make sure we get a losing bonus point. However I am convinced from performances so far we could do better than that. It will need a concerted effort to make sure we take any points that are on offer and avoid silly penalties and needless yellow cards.

COYT!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sale will be up for this Home game and first game on ITV, massive chance for them to get into the public interest.

Where I rate Sale
Ashman is their best hooker IMO, so much more complete than Akker
Lood and JL du Preez are beasts at lock
Ross, Curry and Dan Du Preez all beasts although Ross and DdP are penalty magnets that make Wiese look like a choir boy in that regards
AJ McGinty - IMO was the form Prem 10 when he was fit last year starting to show that form again
RJVR - It's a simple task but he performs well
Luke James and Roebuck are decent back 3.

Sale weakness
Props both can be targeted in the scrum good challenge for Whitcombe
Cliff is a solid 3rd choice 9 but targetable for slowing Sale's ball
Rob du Preez isn't a 13 and whilst not the worst should be something Tigers look to exploit especially with Scott.

Dan Du Preez makes a massive difference for them in terms of carrying option.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Full of confidence up here
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:17 am At the start of the season I would have had a game like this down as make sure we get a losing bonus point. However I am convinced from performances so far we could do better than that. It will need a concerted effort to make sure we take any points that are on offer and avoid silly penalties and needless yellow cards.

COYT!
Totally agree and it still wouldn’t be the worst result in the world. But we go into every game expecting to win
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Keep me posted guys,just brought a Husky puppy. Got to pick him up 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

decent first kick from Freddie 0-3
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Yea, really confident strike of the ball 👍