Re: SALE (A) - Sunday 30th January 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by KiwiTig »

Happy with that 👍
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

was hoping to see Kini at 15, I think some forget he is an international full back but its a good team, I also want to see Lancaster get some game time during the 6N
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:54 pm was hoping to see Kini at 15, I think some forget he is an international full back but its a good team, I also want to see Lancaster get some game time during the 6N
Yes he is but he is a Fijian international fullback. I think Borthwick needs a different skill set from his 15. Also some forget what a good player Hegarty is and 15 is where he started playing super rugby
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:53 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:08 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:24 am CMK has improved tbf ,he's overtaken Dickson now anyway
Hardly the most difficult of challenges :smt003
A bit worrying to see no Kini, Matias or Nemani
Why is it worrying all 3 have been pictured training. Surely rotation or horses for courses
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Nadolo has been injured, so I guess he is now working on match fitness. Murimurivalu has played in recent matches so may just be a break for him. Moroni (unless he is injured too) doesn’t seem to have had that many minutes recently suggesting SB prefers Scott and Kelly with Moroni deputising as and when needed.

If Moroni is expecting a pay hike then I feel he might be the one at risk of leaving at the end of his contract.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

The lack of Moroni recently might suggest that we haven't been able to keep him past this season - I hope that's not the case, but very possible.

Hopefully the priority with Nadolo is making him ready for the business end of the season, no need to rush him onto the pitch now when we have strong alternatives.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 pm The lack of Moroni recently might suggest that we haven't been able to keep him past this season - I hope that's not the case, but very possible.

Hopefully the priority with Nadolo is making him ready for the business end of the season, no need to rush him onto the pitch now when we have strong alternatives.
It could mean that or he could have a niggle so Aled is managing his gametime or he could have been planned to start some games and come down with Covid and is steadily returning.

What we do know is Moroni has publicly said he'd like to stay if possible. Personally that is possibly dependant on one or two others leaving, he can probably command more wages than we can afford unless say K Van Wyk's wages can support (making Radwan look likely). However we don't know what motivates him so we may get him if not as cheaply as his last contract, still at a good rate for an international centre.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 pm
Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 pm The lack of Moroni recently might suggest that we haven't been able to keep him past this season - I hope that's not the case, but very possible.

It could mean that or he could have a niggle so Aled is managing his gametime or he could have been planned to start some games and come down with Covid and is steadily returning.

What we do know is Moroni has publicly said he'd like to stay if possible. Personally that is possibly dependant on one or two others leaving, he can probably command more wages than we can afford unless say K Van Wyk's wages can support (making Radwan look likely). However we don't know what motivates him so we may get him if not as cheaply as his last contract, still at a good rate for an international centre.
Completely agree, and as you rightly say you never know what drives an individual. I do have a bad feeling about it though...
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Why would a player possibly leaving at the end of the season man that we don’t use him now? False economy. Don’t forget Ford and Genge are off and they are being played.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I believe Scott and Moroni have both said they want to stay. Moroni test class at 13 or on the wing. When Van Wyk goes, surprised he hasn’t gone already with the super rugby squads getting together, I don’t see the need to replace him with our stable of wingers and Moroni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Genge and Ford are both very clear first choices, Moroni is not. Lavanini dropped to the bench when he decided to leave, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Agree Moroni is a top class player, but that means he will likely be looking for top class wages and if we can't justify his wages at 13, and Borthwick doesn't fancy him as a wing (or we can't justify his wages there either) then he'll probably leave. I get that he said he wanted to stay, but he's not going to say to the club "I want to stay, just pay me whatever you can afford" and turn down much bigger offers from elsewhere - real life doesn't work like that. It's also no coincidence when players like Scott and Moroni proclaim around contract renewal time that they love the club and want to stay.

I still hope he'll stay. :smt023
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm Genge and Ford are both very clear first choices, Moroni is not. Lavanini dropped to the bench when he decided to leave, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Agree Moroni is a top class player, but that means he will likely be looking for top class wages and if we can't justify his wages at 13, and Borthwick doesn't fancy him as a wing (or we can't justify his wages there either) then he'll probably leave. I get that he said he wanted to stay, but he's not going to say to the club "I want to stay, just pay me whatever you can afford" and turn down much bigger offers from elsewhere - real life doesn't work like that. It's also no coincidence when players like Scott and Moroni proclaim around contract renewal time that they love the club and want to stay.

Agree with your post, unfortunately if he doesn’t stay it will be a purely financial decision which with all the cap changes will be taken out of the clubs hands
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tbh I’d rather keep Kelly over one of Scott or Moroni if it came down to it,it’s more important tieing Dan up!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:55 pm Genge and Ford are both very clear first choices, Moroni is not. Lavanini dropped to the bench when he decided to leave, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

I disagree. Despite the squad rotation, Kelly and Moroni are very much first choice.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:22 pm Strong Team but i'd say Sale's XV is probably equally as strong if not slightly stronger.

The quality in our bench comapred to theirs could be telling so I'll go back to what i've come to conclude this season, if we are within 5 points of Sale with 20 to go, we'll most likely win given the stronger bench and our fitness levels under Aled.
I’d be very surprised if we don’t win.