26th Feb v Gloucester (H)
5th March v Sarries (A)
12th March v Irish (H)

Bath and Sarries games are on 6N's rest weekends

We have picked
Heyes, Genge, Chessum, Steward, Youngs

Worcester have missing Sutherland and DVDM
Saints have missing Biggar, Hutchinson, Freeman, Furbank, Lawes, Ludlam
Bath have missing Ewels, Stuart, Bailey but Bayliss and Redpath will be released back due to no international rugby also most likely Bailey
Gloucester have missing Harris, LRZ, Varney, Atkinson and May
Sarries have missing Itoje, George, Farrell and Malins
Irish have missing OHC, Rowe, White,

A tough group of games
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: 6N's period

Post by Scott1 »

Should get Heyes and Chessum back now though since restrictions have been lifted. If they cover the bubbles, not sure
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm So we are playing
5th Feb v Worcester (H)
11th Feb v Saints (H)
19th Feb v Bath (A)
26th Feb v Gloucester (H)
5th March v Sarries (A)
12th March v Irish (H)

Bath and Sarries games are on 6N's rest weekends

We have picked
Heyes, Genge, Chessum, Steward, Youngs

Worcester have missing Sutherland and DVDM
Saints have missing Biggar, Hutchinson, Freeman, Furbank, Lawes, Ludlam
Bath have missing Ewels, Stuart, Bailey but Bayliss and Redpath will be released back due to no international rugby also most likely Bailey
Gloucester have missing Harris, LRZ, Varney, Atkinson and May
Sarries have missing Itoje, George, Farrell and Malins
Irish have missing OHC, Rowe, White,

A tough group of games

The first three we should win but the last three are tough. Gloucester and Irish are very good sides and Irish and Sarries have a large pool to still call upon.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So could be looking at
Van Wyk
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Snyman
Martin
Reffell
Weise
JVP
Ford
Nadolo
Scott
Moroni
Potter
Murivalu

Whitcombe,Dolly,Ladygaga,Liebenberg,MVS,WW,Burns,Porter

Missed out Hegarty,Kelly,Green,Robinson,Clare and maybe more. And like i said we could have Heyes and Chessum back too. Not really worried tbh,some squad that’s been assembled.
Last edited by Scott1 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We might lose the Sorries away game as they lose less internationals, we should win all the others.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Of our 5 players called up

Genge
Alternatives: Leatigaga, Van Wyk, Whitcombe, Richardson
Step down but still good club players

Heyes
Alternatives: Cole, Leatigaga, Hurd, Hoyt
Our best Tighthead is still with us

Chessum
Alternatives @ Lock: Wells, Synman, Green, Henderson
Alternatives @6: Liebenberg, Martin, Robinson?, Van Staden
Arguable who our best combo at lock is but there's a good shout saying that Liebenberg is our best 6 and Wells and Synman or Green are our best locks, so no real step down in quality

Youngs
Alternatives: JVP, Wigglesworth, Edwards, Law
If JVP and Wigglesworth stay fit then it's only a minimal step down, if one gets injured/suspended there will be inexperience on the bench

Steward
Alternatives: Hegarty, Murimurivalu, Burns
All top draw fullbacks but is a step down

All in all not one of those positions is a complete worry. Genge missing is the biggest step in quality, Youngs is the one who is most risky in terms of an injury meaning that we may be streched in depth
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Depth is that good now we could have a 6N training session of

Van Wyk,Montoya,Cole,Wells,Snyman,Martin,Reffell,Weise,JVP,Ford,Nadolo,Kelly,Scott,Potter,Murivalu

Vs

Whitcombe,Dolly,Ladygaga,Green,Henderson,Robinson,MVS,Liebenberg,WW,Burns,Porter,Socino,Moroni,Saumaki,Hegarty

WHO WINS?!
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:10 pm Depth is that good now we could have a 6N training session of

Van Wyk,Montoya,Cole,Wells,Snyman,Martin,Reffell,Weise,JVP,Ford,Nadolo,Kelly,Scott,Potter,Murivalu

Vs

Whitcombe,Dolly,Ladygaga,Green,Henderson,Robinson,MVS,Liebenberg,WW,Burns,Porter,Socino,Moroni,Saumaki,Hegarty

WHO WINS?!
I would buy a ticket for that before Worcester or Bath games
Rob18C
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rob18C »

I would say we couldn’t get too much better fixtures realistically. 4 home games out of 6, got to expect to win all of them, not saying they will be easy but have to expect to win your home games.

Saracens is obviously extremely challenging but would be any other time of the year.

I always think the hardest games during the international period are away to mid table teams e.g. sale,wasps, Irish etc as these are games with a full strength team we are probably favourites but then losing a few more internationals than they would then they suddenly become slight favourites, so just pleased we haven’t got any of these and are away games are saracens (could lose any time of the year) and bath (got to beat bottom of the league any time of the year).
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

It's a good run of fixtures. Two home games to start then Bath away who have been dire.

I'd actually view Gloucester as the toughest home game I think. Saints will always feel bigger being a derby but shorn of Biggar, Lawes and Ludlam especially they are a much weaker side. Lawes and Ludlam are so important for Saints as their back row depth isn't the best.

Gloucester have big potential absentees in the backs but their forwards should be mostly intact and are much improved. Signing Elrington and Gotovtsev at prop, keeping Singleton, then adding Alemanno and the emerging Clarke at lock has completely changed their pack. That will be a big battle upfront.

Having Ford with us and all three of the first choice centres here is huge. The backs are looking great for this period. Steward is massive loss of course but Hegarty has looked really good.

The back row is more uncertain. If 2 of Hanro, Martin and van Staden are back soon we will be in very good shape overall.

Cole against Worcester LHs without Sutherland should ensure set-piece dominance for that first game.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm It's a good run of fixtures. Two home games to start then Bath away who have been dire.

I'd actually view Gloucester as the toughest home game I think. Saints will always feel bigger being a derby but shorn of Biggar, Lawes and Ludlam especially they are a much weaker side. Lawes and Ludlam are so important for Saints as their back row depth isn't the best.

Gloucester have big potential absentees in the backs but their forwards should be mostly intact and are much improved. Signing Elrington and Gotovtsev at prop, keeping Singleton, then adding Alemanno and the emerging Clarke at lock has completely changed their pack. That will be a big battle upfront.

Having Ford with us and all three of the first choice centres here is huge. The backs are looking great for this period. Steward is massive loss of course but Hegarty has looked really good.

The back row is more uncertain. If 2 of Hanro, Martin and van Staden are back soon we will be in very good shape overall.

Cole against Worcester LHs without Sutherland should ensure set-piece dominance for that first game.
Agreed. Have to play Saracens away so this is the best time for it IMO. Other matches are all winnable, especially the home fixtures.

We should have something like:

1. 2nd choice (Whitcombe)
2. 1st choice (Montoya)
3. 1st choice (Cole)
4. 1st choice (Wells)
5. 1st choice (Snyman)
6. 1st choice (Liebenberg)
7. 1st choice (MVS or Reffell)
8. 1st choice (Weise)
9. 2nd choice (JVP)
10. 1st choice (Ford)
11. 1st choice (Nadolo)
12. 1st choice (Scott/Kelly)
13. 1st choice (Moroni)
14. 1st choice (Potter)
15. 2nd choice (Hegarty/Murimurivalu/Burns)

Reserves:

16. Clare 17. Van Wyk 18. Leatigaga 19. Green 20. Martin 21. Reffell 22. Wigglesworth 23. Porter

Something along those lines IMO. All depends on injuries but we have a near first choice XV, very strong half backs, near first choice pack and backs division with excellent bench options. Don’t expect us to be impacted as much as previous seasons and the ‘mid-table’ teams that don’t lose anyone I don’t think will have the edge as they used to against us if we have something like this
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

We have two things going for us:

1) We know we have a squad where players can rotate in fairly seamlessly.

2) We already have a lot of points in the bag, we can afford to lose a game or two.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:20 am
ABClub wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm It's a good run of fixtures. Two home games to start then Bath away who have been dire.

Agreed. Have to play Saracens away so this is the best time for it IMO. Other matches are all winnable, especially the home fixtures.

We should have something like:

1. 2nd choice (Whitcombe)
2. 1st choice (Montoya)
3. 1st choice (Cole)
4. 1st choice (Wells)
5. 1st choice (Snyman)
6. 1st choice (Liebenberg)
7. 1st choice (MVS or Reffell)
8. 1st choice (Weise)
9. 2nd choice (JVP)
10. 1st choice (Ford)
11. 1st choice (Nadolo)
12. 1st choice (Scott/Kelly)
13. 1st choice (Moroni)
14. 1st choice (Potter)
15. 2nd choice (Hegarty/Murimurivalu/Burns)

Reserves:

16. Clare 17. Van Wyk 18. Leatigaga 19. Green 20. Martin 21. Reffell 22. Wigglesworth 23. Porter

Something along those lines IMO. All depends on injuries but we have a near first choice XV, very strong half backs, near first choice pack and backs division with excellent bench options. Don’t expect us to be impacted as much as previous seasons and the ‘mid-table’ teams that don’t lose anyone I don’t think will have the edge as they used to against us if we have something like this
Like the 6/2 split if we have Burns or Hegarty at 15 👍
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

And to bring a bit of reality to all the we should beat Bath etc: well I hope Tigers remember the Wasps game! Bath have a lot of talent in their squad and at some point will put a team away!!
I’m sure the way SB will see it is one game at a time!
Too right.
Gloucester is a team that could be serious title candidates and Saints will turn up highly motivated after what we did to them!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

I'm a fan of the 6-2 split but when we've had hookers, props and wings covering lock and back row from the bench in recent weeks I'll settle for a 5-3 at the minute!