Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup - 21st - 23rd January 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:56 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:56 pm Score please? We finished top?
Quins 36 Castres 33

We are top on PD by about 4 points!
That last penalty to Quins was a shocker!!! Castres should have had the penalty, got to feel for them, that's a spot in the last 16 cost by a terrible refereeing call...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

A complete muppet!!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

We're back to questionable officiating being the news.
But we have a lead position in the 16.

COYT
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Havnt saw the game,only saw about 10 minutes,so can’t comment but feels like the ref has spoilt a great game and instead of talking about how great the game was the overriding memory is gonna be the ref! It’s happening all too often these days!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:58 pm And this is the guy reffing England v Wales,can’t wait!
Well, he might be reffing England....not so sure about bothering to ref Wales. :smt005 Time will tell
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

However they got there Quins are becoming the great escape artists that’s 2 weeks on the bounce
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I have referred but not with unbiased assistants inline with a forward pass who did not help me by call the :censored: obvious. I also tried to avoid standing on the wrong side of the ruck relative to the ball and then penalise what I couldn’t see.

I also did not get paid and had limited time to keep up to date with the laws and had only agreed because no one else would do it, rather than made it my career.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:01 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:58 pm And this is the guy reffing England v Wales,can’t wait!
Posters need to have a go at officiating themselves then make the calls.
Different teams different day it was a close exciting game. Watch the game Scott then make your comment rather than relying on those of others
Didn't do too badly IMO but two penalties that led to two Quins tries should have been penalties the other way, especially that last one. You have to feel for Castres there knocked out of the Premier European cup on a poor decision (which it was)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

I think if you watched with a telescope from the moon you could see the refs decisions were completely incorrect, the forward passes were just obvious and the Castres turnover at the end was technically perfect, all in perfect view of the TMO who says nothing!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

The result didn’t make any difference to us so the comments about the standard of officiating are coming from a neutral perspective. It’s not like that was Quins vs Tigers and everyone is chipping in now because we lost.

The poor calls in the last 10 cost Castres a European spot, end of story. 2 forward passes ignored, assistant should be picking those up. 2 good turnovers pinged the wrong way, harsh by the referee. Final try, on field decision was ‘no try’ and unless the TMO had a view that he didn’t show there was never a shot of the ball touching the line. Just lots of Quins fans cheering every time they say a replay and some weak officiating to overturn the on field decision.

Don’t think there is anything wrong with people passing judgment about officials. They are human too and make mistakes. Nobody gets it right every time and inevitably things will get missed but the succession of decisions in that final 10 did seem harsh.

I don’t think you have to have been a referee to pass comment on such matters or about the quality of officiating. I haven’t been a professional chef but I know if my chicken isn’t cooked or my steak is overdone..

Harsh on Castres, they played well tonight and had Botica not missed a raft of points they would have walked that
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

One has the technology, why not use it?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The ref called as he saw it, tight calls like that 10 people will see it and come up with 10 different answers. Not saying he was right but Adamson felt that the Castres player came off his feet before the turnover was complete, others disagree.
For the try a part of the ball only has to touch part of the line that is what the TMO felt he saw
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 pm The result didn’t make any difference to us so the comments about the standard of officiating are coming from a neutral perspective. It’s not like that was Quins vs Tigers and everyone is chipping in now because we lost.

The poor calls in the last 10 cost Castres a European spot, end of story. 2 forward passes ignored, assistant should be picking those up. 2 good turnovers pinged the wrong way, harsh by the referee. Final try, on field decision was ‘no try’ and unless the TMO had a view that he didn’t show there was never a shot of the ball touching the line. Just lots of Quins fans cheering every time they say a replay and some weak officiating to overturn the on field decision.

Don’t think there is anything wrong with people passing judgment about officials. They are human too and make mistakes. Nobody gets it right every time and inevitably things will get missed but the succession of decisions in that final 10 did seem harsh.

I don’t think you have to have been a referee to pass comment on such matters or about the quality of officiating. I haven’t been a professional chef but I know if my chicken isn’t cooked or my steak is overdone..

Harsh on Castres, they played well tonight and had Botica not missed a raft of points they would have walked that
Spot on!! :smt023
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:11 pm The result didn’t make any difference to us so the comments about the standard of officiating are coming from a neutral perspective. It’s not like that was Quins vs Tigers and everyone is chipping in now because we lost.

Totally agree it should be a team effort from the officials and unlike football peoples view point can be subjective. The annoying one for me was the forward pass, that was as clear as day and led to everything else. The penalty and the try both more 50/50
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Dignified interview from Joe Worsley in relation to the officiating. He wouldn’t fit in with the ranters on here.