Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Champions Cup

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rules are:

The last 16 will be the first knockout round, with the fixtures played over two legs, one home and away. They will work with the top-ranked team from Pool A playing the eighth-ranked team from Pool B and so on.

The quarter-finals and semi-finals will be one-off occasions, with the final held on Saturday 28 May at Stade Vélodrome in Marseille.

So by my reckoning we can finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th depending on how Quins, Munster, Bristol get on next round.

Current standing:

1st Quins 14
2nd Tigers 14
3rd Munster 13
4th Bristol 12

Bristol are away to Scarelts, Quins are home to Castres, Munster are home to Wasps and we obviously are home to Bordeaux. I expect Bristol, Quins and Munster all to pick up 5 points so it will depend on how we get on as to whether we finish 2nd (realistically on PD as Quins are 21 points ahead of us) 3rd or 4th. I reckon we will beat Bordeaux at home so my money is on 2nd.

Too early to tell really but potential opponents are Glasgow, Clermont, Saints. Less likely but possible Leinster, Montpellier, Sale. Likely to avoid Exeter, La Rochelle and Racing.. and Bath at the other end of the table :smt002

Fancy maybe Glasgow from that list.. see how the matches pan out tomorrow... Bordeaux likely to beat Scarlets at home tomorrow so will be right in the mix come the final round and could technically make the top 4 although very unlikely (albeit they can't overtake us).

Round of 16 (1st leg) – 8/9/10 April 2022
Round of 16 (2nd leg) – 15/16/17 April 2022
Quarter-finals – 6/7/8 May 2022
Semi-finals – 13/14/15 May 2022
Challenge Cup final – Friday 27 May 2022; Stade Vélodrome, Marseille
Heineken Champions Cup final – Saturday 28 May 2022; Stade Vélodrome, Marseille
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions Cup

Post by Scott1 »

Highest seed away first?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
glenn

Re: Champions Cup

Post by glenn »

It's poor when Bristol have got 7 points given to them....