Leicester v Bordeaux (H) - 22nd January 2022 - 15:15

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Bordeaux (H) - 22nd January 2022 - 15:15

Post by RagingBull »

Personally would like to see Burns with another start on the trot.
Would also keep Hegarty at 15

We have the 6N’s coming up could do with practicing for Steward being away and Hegarty for me is his back up very similar styles with different strengths.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Finishing in the top two is very important for the the rest of the competition, much more important than many of our premiership games in that sense.

I suspect SB will go close to first choice.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

A conundrum for master tactician Steve ! A game, which of itself, is less important since we have already qualified but..... The Welford Road faithful expect and rightly so. However, giving game time on the European stage could be invaluable in the later stages of the competition if we are forced into making wholesale changes through injuries.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I am really glad that Borthwick takes no notice of comment about who should be in or out of the team made on this message board. Some people having not actually watched the game would drop or promote players based on hearsay, others just appear to have not watched the match.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:03 pm I am really glad that Borthwick takes no notice of comment about who should be in or out of the team made on this message board. Some people having not actually watched the game would drop or promote players based on hearsay, others just appear to have not watched the match.
Zzzzzzzz ok kiwi tig 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Yes none of us can predict what the maestro is going to pull out of his hat.. partly down to the fact we have no clue about injury updates but I am thinking MVS might be close to a return and agree Reffell needs a rest, as does Wells.

I would go with:

1. Whitcombe
2. Montoya
3. Heyes
4. Green
5. Snyman
6. Chessum
7. Van Staden (if not it's got to be Reffell)
8. Wiese

9. JvP
10. Hegarty
11. Porter
12. Kelly
13. Scott
14. Saumaki
15. Murimurivalu

16. Clare
17. Leatigaga
18. Cole
19. Henderson/Manz
20. Agbongbon
21. Wigglesworth
22. Burns
23. Moroni

Tough to know who is where injury wise but I reckon Henderson must be almost back. Hanro I have no idea. MVS was concussion so might be nearing a return but if there's any doubt he's an absolute non-starter. Would rest Genge, Wells, Steward, Youngs and Ford. Switch Hegarty to 10 and bring in Porter to the starting XV. Kini deserves to start again so switches to 15. Just my thoughts of course.. other brands are available :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With Sale away our next league fixture followed by Wuss at home, I see no reason for us to change the policy that Steve Borthwick seems to be following, rotation of players giving youngsters game time is vital for our long term objective of putting the club back at the top of the league rather than fighting relegation two years on the trot. I expect our rested internationals back this week at home and a somewhat more rotated side away at Sale.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:57 am With Sale away our next league fixture followed by Wuss at home, I see no reason for us to change the policy that Steve Borthwick seems to be following, rotation of players giving youngsters game time is vital for our long term objective of putting the club back at the top of the league rather than fighting relegation two years on the trot. I expect our rested internationals back this week at home and a somewhat more rotated side away at Sale.
It’s a long season, we have a few injury concerns and we have already qualified for the last 16 of the Champions Cup so I don’t see the merit playing the rested internationals for this one.

Last 16 is a 2 match tie so where we finish in pool b only matters in so much that it determines who we play next, which is somewhat of a lottery. Personally I’d rather the focus was on the next few premiership games (which are very winnable although away to Sale is always a tough match) with a few players like Ford, Steward, Wells etc getting a bit of rest
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don't forget I did this post during the game so obviously things have changed!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Genge
Clare
Heyes
Snyman
Green
Chessum
Van Staden/Reffell
Wiese
Wigg
Burns
Kelly
Moroni
Porter
Saumaki
Hegarty

Whitcombe, Dolly, F Van Wyk, Manz, Henderson/Agbongbon, JVP, Socino, Kini
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

With top 2 in the group meaning a home Q/F if we win our double legged last 16 encounter I expect we will see fairly close to full strength besides injuries for next weekend. A potential home Q/F is a big financial incentive.

1.Genge (c)
2.Montoya
3.Cole
4.Wells
5.Chessum
6.Martin
7.Reffell
8.Wiese

9.Youngs
10.Ford

11.Kini
12.Kelly
13.Moroni
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Clare
17.Leatigaga
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Whitcombe/Henderson/Manz/van Staden/Ilione/etc
21.JvP
22.Hegarty
23.Porter

I'd expect something like that if possible.

I'm unsure on Nadolo's fitness situation but if unavailable I hope Kini or Saumaki start on the left wing. I think we saw yesterday how much having that more powerful carrier on one wing can add.

Personally I'd prefer Burns to get another start on the bounce with Ford on the bench.

Kelly must be getting very close to the England squad after his performance at the weekend. That's the most complete performance I've seen from him in attack with that growing passing game looking better and better.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Hoping for some help. Going to game next week and website says I need to fill in a a Covid declaration form. This is to be emailed to me- I have tickets emailed but no declaration form. Any idea where I can find it?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:12 pm Hoping for some help. Going to game next week and website says I need to fill in a a Covid declaration form. This is to be emailed to me- I have tickets emailed but no declaration form. Any idea where I can find it?
It'll be emailed out around Thursday/Friday
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Thanks
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

As we have already qualified I would go with our 2nd choice starting 15 and load the bench with the Internationals to ensure we get the win. Give them 20/25 mins to get them ready for Sale. My bench would be Genge, Montoya, Cole, Wells, Reffell, Youngs, Ford and Steward.
I know its difficult to name the 2nd choices but I'm sure you know what I mean! :smt045