6 Nations 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: LEICESTER!!

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by baz1664 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm

Daly really!! :smt012
Can’t be doing with he can kick from the halfway line rubbish, just EJ all over, has his mates and sticks with them!!

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 pm

Radwan should have been in for May IMO.

Wonder if he went Daly as cover for a centre so he covers a wing and a centre while Ford covers the fly half.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

No6_Flanker
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by No6_Flanker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:30 pm

If Lawes is ruled out and Curry takes the captaincy, who would you start at 6?

Chessum or Isiekwe to keep the same balance. Ludlam as the next cab off the rank.
Move Dombrandt to 6 and start Simmonds/Barbeary? Might be lacking for grunt but wouldn’t be short on pace!

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 pm

No6_Flanker wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:30 pm
If Lawes is ruled out and Curry takes the captaincy, who would you start at 6?

Chessum or Isiekwe to keep the same balance. Ludlam as the next cab off the rank.
Move Dombrandt to 6 and start Simmonds/Barbeary? Might be lacking for grunt but wouldn’t be short on pace!
I reckon he'll go with
Curry 6
Ludlam 7
Dombrant 8

That said Lawes is going through return to play protocols by the sounds of it so it may be a precaution given they normally take 1-2 weeks to complete
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:05 pm

baz1664 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm
Daly really!! :smt012
Can’t be doing with he can kick from the halfway line rubbish, just EJ all over, has his mates and sticks with them!!
Daly is another favourite like Farrell

Robespierre
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Robespierre » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:58 am

On reflection, the recall of Daly is retrogressive and I would rather have seen young Lynagh given an opportunity.
Semper in excreta.

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1056
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:47 pm
Location: LEICESTER!!

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by baz1664 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 am

Lynagh has bagged 7 premiership tries this season and has been in great form, 100% ahead of Daly for selection, be great when EJ finally packs his bags and someone with fresh ideas and hopefully picks on form lands. The whole ignoring Ford saga and picking his bestie Farrell just shows what EJ is all about.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 am

baz1664 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 am
Lynagh has bagged 7 premiership tries this season and has been in great form, 100% ahead of Daly for selection, be great when EJ finally packs his bags and someone with fresh ideas and hopefully picks on form lands. The whole ignoring Ford saga and picking his bestie Farrell just shows what EJ is all about.
Wonder how many times we will hear about Dalys siege gun boot? 😂

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by fortysix » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am

Watching Lynagh and Simmonds, they both miss tackles frequently. Probably a very good reason Jones is suspicious.

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Tiglon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 am

Lynagh's defence is really poor, hopefully the Quins coaches are working on it with him. Doesn't attempt many tackles, and misses nearly a third of those that he does try to execute. Also found wanting positionally at times.

Honestly, I'd have Potter in the squad ahead of Lynagh. Much better tackle success rate (and attempts a lot more) and beats a lot more defenders.

Lynagh has a good highlights reel and a useful surname, but he's not someone I would trust in an international match just yet.

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:26 pm

Personally I hope we see the following back 3

Hassell-Collins Malins
Steward

I'd have added Radwan to the squad ahead of both Lynagh AND Daly...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Robespierre
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Haute-Garonne

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Robespierre » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:43 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 am
Lynagh's defence is really poor, hopefully the Quins coaches are working on it with him. Doesn't attempt many tackles, and misses nearly a third of those that he does try to execute. Also found wanting positionally at times.

Honestly, I'd have Potter in the squad ahead of Lynagh. Much better tackle success rate (and attempts a lot more) and beats a lot more defenders.

Lynagh has a good highlights reel and a useful surname, but he's not someone I would trust in an international match just yet.
I admit I have not seen much of Lynagh and wasn’t aware of his defensive deficiencies so I’ll happily drop him from my list of possibilities !
Semper in excreta.

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Tiglon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm

All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.

Offside
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Offside » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:12 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm
All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.
What are his defensive stats like?

mol2
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Cosby

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by mol2 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:15 pm

Daly is a decent centre. Not a full back or a wing.
Radwan is just fast but contributes little else. Doesn’t seek to get involved like May or Nowell.

Lynagh looks the part and would be my pick. A certain wing of our own with a wand could arguably do a better job than Radwan or Daly. Arguably May has had his day and lost that bit of pace that we saw when he came to Tigers.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest