6 Nations 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11346
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:21 pm

Malins,Air Steward,Nowell for me. If Mays out Nowell provides that back 3 experience and he offers something no one else does. No brainer for me
9. Youngs
10. Smith
11. Nowell
12. Slade
13. Marchant
14. Malins
15 Air Steward

Simples! 😉

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Tiglon » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 pm

Offside wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:12 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm
All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.
What are his defensive stats like?
I think he's only missed 2/3 tackles for Irish in the Premiership this season. I'm not saying I'd start him in the opener, Nowell's experience might be a big factor in a match that could set the tone for England's 6N, difficult call for me.

Rugbygramps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Rugbygramps » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 pm
Offside wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:12 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:49 pm
All I hope for the back three is that Hassell-Collins gets given a proper chance, he's earned it and could be one of the breakthrough players of the championship. Other than the fact that he plays for an unfashionable club there's really nothing going against him.
What are his defensive stats like?
I think he's only missed 2/3 tackles for Irish in the Premiership this season. I'm not saying I'd start him in the opener, Nowell's experience might be a big factor in a match that could set the tone for England's 6N, difficult call for me.
I would go Hassell-Collins ahead of Radwan, who needs to show more to his game than just being quick.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3791
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by LE18 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 pm
Rugbygramps wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:01 pm
No6_Flanker wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:50 pm
https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... ions-squad

Ford and Daly called up. Also Isiekwe joins the squad as injury cover for Lawes.
Isiekwe interesting call. You would of thought Chessum would provide cover
Yes, you would have.
With regard to Jonny May's withdrawal from the squad, he's going to find it tough to get back in with the likes of Hassell-Collins, Marchant, Nowell and now Daly champing at the bit for a place on the wing.
I would have too. :smt052

No6_Flanker
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by No6_Flanker » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:34 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 pm
I think he's only missed 2/3 tackles for Irish in the Premiership this season.
He won’t be going anywhere with a 33% tackle success rate… :smt026

No6_Flanker
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by No6_Flanker » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Marler’s got Covid …again. They won’t be calling up a replacement.

Rugbygramps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Rugbygramps » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:16 pm

No6_Flanker wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:35 pm
Marler’s got Covid …again. They won’t be calling up a replacement.
Must be all those kids he’s got. No real reason for cover. Marler isolate for 5 days, and Genge and Rodd in the squad

No6_Flanker
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by No6_Flanker » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:45 pm

Rugbygramps wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:16 pm
Must be all those kids he’s got.
According to the Telegraph:

“Marler scrummed for Harlequins against Castres hooker Gaëtan Barlot, who withdrew from the France squad on Sunday after also testing positive for Covid.”

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3216
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Tiglon » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:44 am

No6_Flanker wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:34 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:23 pm
I think he's only missed 2/3 tackles for Irish in the Premiership this season.
He won’t be going anywhere with a 33% tackle success rate… :smt026
Haha the / is meant as a substitute for "or" in this instance, not "out of"!

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3524
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:23 am

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:12 am

There's been a fire at the England hotel and they've had to move, not an ideal senario.

Hope nobody was injured
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11346
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:42 am

It was a manhole fire apparently, hope they didn't try and put it out with their feet 😭

Rugbygramps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Rugbygramps » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 am

Scott1 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:42 am
It was a manhole fire apparently, hope they didn't try and put it out with their feet 😭
A manhole fire in Brighton !!!!

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: With the PFJ

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by loretta » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 am

Rugbygramps wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 am
Scott1 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:42 am
It was a manhole fire apparently, hope they didn't try and put it out with their feet 😭
A manhole fire in Brighton !!!!
I blame Curry
I've got a bad feeling about this.

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11346
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:18 am

loretta wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 am
Rugbygramps wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 am
Scott1 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:42 am
It was a manhole fire apparently, hope they didn't try and put it out with their feet 😭
A manhole fire in Brighton !!!!
I blame Curry
Very good!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11346
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: 6 Nations 2022

Post by Scott1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests