Re: CONNACHT (A) - Saturday 15th January 2022 - 3-15pm

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Aki has posted an apology on twitter
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm Aki has posted an apology on twitter
Shouldn't make any difference to facing the beak, maybe buy him a reduction in sentence for showing contrition. :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:50 pm I don’t really get the Genge ego thing.

He backs the scrum which all successful tigers captains have done in the past.

Would people say he has a ego problem if he wasn’t off? Prob not.
I think it’s more of a comment on him putting his head down and going it alone, almost trying to prove himself. He could’ve drawn the man and passed in the first half, and agree with whoever said he was looking to step more often than carry hard.

He certainly did well in the scrum, although it was a bit disappointing to give away a couple of back to back penalties for the same offence.

Mixed bag.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:12 pm Aki has posted an apology on twitter
Good for him. The book thrown should still be the same size.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Posts during the game are streams of consciousness and not going to be balanced. If you do not like them then don’t read them. Posts after full time can be more balanced. I stand by the comments I made during the game about the potential if we did not change the way we were playing. We did excellently to come back and win but our initial 10 minutes was excellent and we will not pull the rabbit out the hat every time. Last week I think the repeated scrums was a poor decision not because we were not dominant but because the game is not reffed in a way that would reward them. We looked disjointed today but rotation and spreading fame time may pay dividends if we get injuries and also gives the whole squad confidence. If all the squad can play then to get a place in the 23 you need to train we’ll and play well and so the performances roll on. :smt045
roboleo

Post by roboleo »

Great resilience, but we did make it difficult for ourselves.
On another point, first time I’ve heard Keyser as commentator. I thought he was excellent and hope to hear him more often.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:15 pm
Shouldn't make any difference to facing the beak, maybe buy him a reduction in sentence for showing contrition. :smt002
Depends on what he's actually said to sir doesn't it. Tom Youngs got in bother because he swore, an apology can't undo that and Boyd got in bother because he complained in the media. Aki hasn't done either as I'm aware so with the warning might just get away with a warning after the public apology.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:09 pm
Depends on what he's actually said to sir doesn't it. Tom Youngs got in bother because he swore, an apology can't undo that and Boyd got in bother because he complained in the media. Aki hasn't done either as I'm aware so with the warning might just get away with a warning after the public apology.
Of course it does, which is why there's a wink at the end of my comment....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Totally agree with those who have said what a good commentator Benjamin Kayser is. Enthusiastic, knowledgable and no side to him at all. More please, BT sport
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

It was one of the more sincere public apologies we’ve heard this week…and it was a heat of the moment outburst, so don’t really see anything to warrant punishment. The referee didn’t seem overly bothered at the time, so can’t see him reporting it.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

We won! Ref was ok, we were not accurate enough at times and were penalised a lot, some of the those decisions particularly at scrum time were debatable and some were completely justified. The introduction of Kelly appeared to make a big difference but maybe a major factor was our fitness. Some seem to have made up their minds before the match that Burns was a weakness, I thought he played well, since he rejoined us he has done well in all but one game and today although his success rate on some difficult kicks at goal was not as he would have wanted he did ok and his crossfield kick for Kini's try was brilliant.
Genge has played well for us this season and for me against Bristol (just two matches ago) he was man of the match. Last week he was not his normal self but today he was back to the player we know and I cannot understand why some put so much effort into making negative comments about him throughout this thread.
The team selected was not what most of us would consider our best team but we have given game time to some who have not featured as much as they would have liked and regular rotation will help in keeping players match fit and it is starting to look as if we may need a fresh and fit squad for knockout games at the end of the season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

How wasn’t Connacht second try ruled out? Their player ran straight into Muri who would’ve been the tackler ,shocking decision!

HANG ON!!! Muri might’ve tackled the player without the ball actually,my mistake. Was close though
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:01 pm How wasn’t Connacht second try ruled out? Their player ran straight into Muri who would’ve been the tackler ,shocking decision!
He took the ball so it wasn't crossing.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:01 pm How wasn’t Connacht second try ruled out? Their player ran straight into Muri who would’ve been the tackler ,shocking decision!
He took the ball so it wasn't crossing.
Edited my post,Muri tackled the man without the ball if anything
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

On Wiese, that’s why we keep going with him, rather than get rid due to his indiscipline. He’s a match winner. Not sure his many carries he had today but he’s a wrecking ball. One carry he tied up around d 5 defenders. Awesome shift from him today.