Youngs
Ford
Nadolo
Scott
Moroni
Potter
Steward

Ladygaga,Clare,Heyes,Wells,Dolly/MVS,JVP,Burns,Porter
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps (A) - Sunday 9th January 2022 - 3pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:54 pm Wasps injuries are clearing
Wasps entered the Sale game with 18 players unavailable due to injuries or suspension. Umaga is suspended still but might see Gaskell back and Minozzi is nearing a return to fitness. Thomas Young was absent with a thumb injury suffered against London Irish that left the Welshman struggling to grip, while Brad Shields' withdrawal in the second half was due to the captain carrying a knock. Blackett added: "Rather than make it worse we pulled him out."

The likes of Launchbury, Malakai Fekitoa (shoulder), Dan Robson (groin), Paolo Odogwu (knee) and Ryan Mills (foot) have been referenced as potentially making their returns before the end of January
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
glenn

Post by glenn »

Genge or Montoya at 8 anyone?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

glenn wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:17 am Genge or Montoya at 8 anyone?
Nadolo
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

It's almost becoming a joke now! The Foley and Kitt combo once again! :smt012

Referee: Tom Foley (108th Premiership game). Assistant Referees: Adam Leal & Paul Dix. TMO: Rowan Kitt. Citing Officer: Andy Blyth.

So.. round 13.. unlucky for some :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Thinking of going to the Ricoh. Is it best to get tickets from Tigers of Wasps and where is the best place to park ?
A2O
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:35 am Thinking of going to the Ricoh. Is it best to get tickets from Tigers of Wasps and where is the best place to park ?
Welford road
Hehehehehehehehe
bendy

Post by bendy »

We're sitting in the corner between the East and North stands - I was shocked how expensive the tickets were compared to WR.

Hoping for a big Tigers turn-out so we can make more noise than the home* fans.

(*not their home)
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

bendy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:27 am We're sitting in the corner between the East and North stands - I was shocked how expensive the tickets were compared to WR.

Hoping for a big Tigers turn-out so we can make more noise than the home* fans.

(*not their home)
I am guessing we are classed as an 'A' fixture and so other clubs charge higher prices as we are a draw for both home and away fans.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:25 am So.. round 13.. unlucky for some :smt017
Technically it is round/game 12 but week 13.... :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

If anyone wants a single ticket I know of one available , pretty decent seat considering it being in coventry , face value £50
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... _like_this

Steve Borthwick confirmed Leicester Tigers' availability issues have improved ahead of Sunday's trip to face Wasps.

Tigers will still be without the suspended Jasper Wiese while doubt remains over the fitness of fellow South African back rows Hanro Liebenberg (shoulder) and Marco van Staden (concussion).

Ollie Chessum's late withdrawal against Newcastle meant Fijian winger Kini Murimurivalu was named as a replacement forward and would later pack down at flanker alongside hooker Nic Dolly and lock Harry Wells in an unconventional back row to conclude the 31-0 victory at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.

When asked if he was in a stronger position to face Wasps than the previous week, Borthwick gave a cautious response.

"I can answer that question and say yes, but then who knows come matchday," he said. "We will scenario plan that in training in the week, where I will throw something at them they didn't expect and see how the players adapt. So, I'll say yes but who knows come the morning of the game."

So in short, no Liebenberg, Van Staden or Wiese but maybe Chessum is back. So perhaps:

15. Steward
14. Potter
13. Moroni
12. Scott
11. Nadolo
10. Ford
9. Youngs
1. Genge
2. Montoya
3. Cole
4. Green
5. Synman
6. Chessum
7. Reffell
8. Martin

16. Dolly
17. Leatigaga
18. Heyes
19. Henderson
20. Wells
21. JvP
22. Hegarty
23. Porter
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:42 pm https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... _like_this

Steve Borthwick confirmed Leicester Tigers' availability issues have improved ahead of Sunday's trip to face Wasps.

Tigers will still be without the suspended Jasper Wiese while doubt remains over the fitness of fellow South African back rows Hanro Liebenberg (shoulder) and Marco van Staden (concussion).

Ollie Chessum's late withdrawal against Newcastle meant Fijian winger Kini Murimurivalu was named as a replacement forward and would later pack down at flanker alongside hooker Nic Dolly and lock Harry Wells in an unconventional back row to conclude the 31-0 victory at Mattioli Woods Welford Road.

When asked if he was in a stronger position to face Wasps than the previous week, Borthwick gave a cautious response.

"I can answer that question and say yes, but then who knows come matchday," he said. "We will scenario plan that in training in the week, where I will throw something at them they didn't expect and see how the players adapt. So, I'll say yes but who knows come the morning of the game."

So in short, no Liebenberg, Van Staden or Wiese but maybe Chessum is back. So perhaps:

15. Steward
14. Potter
13. Moroni
12. Scott
11. Nadolo
10. Ford
9. Youngs
1. Genge
2. Montoya
3. Cole
4. Green
5. Synman
6. Chessum
7. Reffell
8. Martin

16. Dolly
17. Leatigaga
18. Heyes
19. Henderson
20. Wells
21. JvP
22. Hegarty
23. Porter
I read it differently to you, in that it Borthwick didn't say anything on Liebenberg or Van Staden and it was the paper's assuming they are doubts. If we read between the lines where Borthwick says every squad is affected by covid, that suggests that we definitely are, so IMO that means Chessum's illness was likely Covid...

In that senario I doubt he'll play having 7 days isolation.

I strongly suspect that one (or more) of Liebenberg, Van Staden or Henderson is back fit, for Borthwick to say we're in a better position.

Basically anyone not in the 23 named may have covid or may not, but we have depth across the squad so in Borthwick we trust
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

As I just posted in the injuries suspension thread the delay of the press conference and the lack of any pics of training on social media to me suggests we may have been training alone more after some positive tests to stop any spread...

If that's the case one or two things may be a bit rusty this weekend
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.