Wasps (A) - Sunday 9th January 2022 - 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps (A) - Sunday 9th January 2022 - 3pm

Post by sam16111986 »

We lacked real go forward, yes we didn't get some decisions from sir but this season we've been good at removing the ref from the equation. We failed to do that today.

We need to find another gear in our attack as currently we can be a little predictable and we certainly lacked the support runners to make a half break something more.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Certainly our performance didn’t compare well to that vs Saints. Night and day different. We looked tired and one dimensional.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

From Posh Richard.

"It's all irrelevant anyway. I think one should be more concerned that Bath won today as, come the 50 point deduction for salary cap irregularities, this will have more relevance to Tigers' position."

........he is now wearing a pint of ESB.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:41 pm We lacked real go forward, yes we didn't get some decisions from sir but this season we've been good at removing the ref from the equation. We failed to do that today.

We need to find another gear in our attack as currently we can be a little predictable and we certainly lacked the support runners to make a half break something more.
We did lack go forward, MVS, Liebenberg, Wiese, Martin, Nandolo are our ‘go forward’
Roadsweeper
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Roadsweeper »

How about;

"We wuz robbed"
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Press reset:
We've won several games this season just through guts, today that wasn't good enough. Officials weren't at their best but didn't cost us the game, Gengeys moment set us back coupled with Blackets half time talk. With two out of three MVS, Wiese and Hanro in the side we would have won. So far this season we've had luck with injuries/suspensions today that bit us back.
No way did those players not try their hardest!
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

Foley is a joke. He said no try when Montoya went under the posts, then seemed to forget that was his initial reaction. He always wants hide behind a ‘group’ decision. I’m fed up with the TMO involvement full stop. How many refs are quick to yellow card us vs others. There was no proof whatever that Wasps would have scored, as was stated on the commentary there was no pass being made. That said, we were rubbish today and deserved to lose.
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

manxleigh wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:49 pm Foley is a joke. He said no try when Montoya went under the posts, then seemed to forget that was his initial reaction. He always wants hide behind a ‘group’ decision. I’m fed up with the TMO involvement full stop. How many refs are quick to yellow card us vs others. There was no proof whatever that Wasps would have scored, as was stated on the commentary there was no pass being made. That said, we were rubbish today and deserved to lose.
Foley actually said on field decision was try for Montoya
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I forgot how this forum gets when we lose ! Hope we don’t lose again next week otherwise it will really kick off and god only knows what Big Dai will do to Posh Richard then……. :smt017 :smt027
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:02 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:01 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:01 pm

Yep.

In a weird way, differing circumstances, there wasn't much difference between Genge pushing Hougaard in the face and Shields giving one of ours a 'hand off' to the face (which I thought was outlawed now?)
Probably is if one of ours does it...
Can't disagree and I know it sounds 'sour grapes' but it really does make you think there are differing standards of application between teams.
Genge is very lucky, his reaction was towards the face/eyes it looked a bit like a gouge, then he pulled his hair, like I said he was lucky not red but could still be cited. Very stupid captaincy!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:53 pm I forgot how this forum gets when we lose ! Hope we don’t lose again next week otherwise it will really kick off and god only knows what Big Dai will do to Posh Richard then……. :smt017 :smt027
......He's a Gloucester fan! He's been crowing a bit since yesterday....it's all good prop v second row fun!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Not blaming Borthwick (God forbid!), but team selection felt like rolled the dice one too many times. Even the substitutions. Obviously don't know if there were any knocks, but I thought Cole was our MoM yet thought he could have done another 10 mins, same as Montoya.

SB always says we have a lot to learn and I hope the coaches and players do learn.
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

We know a loss has been coming, I can only congratulate Wasps for ending our run, I'm sure their squad and fans will celebrate hard, which reflects how far Tigers have come under Borthwick.

Wasps the better team from the 50th. As already mentioned, not enough composure and creativity going forward lost us the game. A fair few poor kicking / chip decisions that we couldn't follow up.

Wasps wanted it more which is the nature of sport.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Just got home from the game: awful from us and Wasps came out in the second half hungrier thanks. I was annoyed with 3 minutes to go that we didn’t take the 3 then go again!
Too many players off form but I the first half we should have been much further ahead.
When they got the dubious penalty try from a lucky break away due to our charge down going straight to one of their forwards who would have been a mile offside I think the writing was on the wall! From where I was watching, the opposite end of the ground we were all baffled when after what seemed an eternity a penalty try was given: it baffled not only some of us Tigers but the Wasps fans were asking why Ford was taking a kick off from half way and not behind the posts.
However, we lost it. Had to come and it HAD to be Wasps!
Let’s hope the bubble hasn’t burst as a second half with no points on the board brings back lots of bad memories from the previous 3 seasons!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Had a bad feeling about this one, poor discipline, poor handling and poor control. Foley and the TMO were very inconsistent they were atrocious. We never looked like scoring and we seriously missed our ball carriers. Reduced to kicking the ball away hoping for the best and then having to defend the potent Wasps attack who we surrendered to much possession to. Hopefully we will learn and get back to winning ways
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity