Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Dokie »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 pm
LittleBigG wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:14 pm
mol2 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:36 pm He was always way too late to charge the ball down. More than adequate time to have avoided the kicker.

A dumb penalty and could have cost us the game.

The thresholds for what players could get away with in SA are different from what you can get away with in the Premiership.

Needs to learn to control himself better or it will cost us. Many play on the edge but the best players know where the edge is.
Hmm. Adequate time? A bit like Sheedy could have avoided sliding in and no-arm "tackled" Nandolo while he was scoring his try?

It is the inconsistencies like this that grate. If Weise was a yellow card and ban then Sheedy should have been getting splinters in his :censored: for 10 minutes too

:smt012
We were there saw it live, it looked horrible, way too late and he appeared to leave his leg there, like a trip. In my opinion from watching it as it happened he was lucky not to get Red, sorry folks but it was embarrassing to watch it.
Given his record, along with the nature of his offences, has the ironic title of this thread not resonated with others! 😵
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Potentially difficult situation for both Player and Coaches. Ultimately, we must keep our best players on the field until we decide that they need a break or replacing .......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

He is probably due a couple of weeks off anyway, he should use the time to reflect on where he is going wrong and how to use his skills and strengths to better effect and cut out the unnecessary penalties, I am sure this is what SB will be telling him.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I wonder if the club will look at alternate ideas to help his discipline. Sports psychologist to try and help him channel the aggression and maintain focus. Perhaps some acting or similar class to help him talk to referees as part of his problem appears to be his reputation, yes he's earned that reputation but no one else is getting that yellow Vs Quins. The shaved head and minimal talk might no help the ref's impression of him. A more eloquent Weise might get the refs on side, Ed Slater used to be very good at that.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Dokie wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:28 pm
LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 pm
LittleBigG wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:14 pm

Hmm. Adequate time? A bit like Sheedy could have avoided sliding in and no-arm "tackled" Nandolo while he was scoring his try?

It is the inconsistencies like this that grate. If Weise was a yellow card and ban then Sheedy should have been getting splinters in his :censored: for 10 minutes too

:smt012
We were there saw it live, it looked horrible, way too late and he appeared to leave his leg there, like a trip. In my opinion from watching it as it happened he was lucky not to get Red, sorry folks but it was embarrassing to watch it.
Given his record, along with the nature of his offences, has the ironic title of this thread not resonated with others! 😵
I just thought it was a very poor spelling mistake and wondered why it hadn't been corrected.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Fearns now accusing Weise of ending Welsh’s career!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

If Fearns wants to go down that route I question why did Delano play Welsh when he didn’t seem at all fit.

It is kind of funny how Fearns who is best known for knocking out his own team mate (even if he was a dick) and fighting with multiple bouncers on a night out with Andy Tuilagi taking the high road.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:44 am Fearns now accusing Weise of ending Welsh’s career!
Its such a moronic thing to say, what Weise did in that incident was a technical offense, if he'd punched him or done what Calum Clark did to Rob Hawkins I'd understand but literally any entry into a ruck can cause serious injury given the right circumstances
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

What Calum Clark did to Rob Hawkins was just plain wrong, do any of you remember when Jimmy Gopperth Punched Mat Tait in the face while pretending to be going for a high ball, at Welford road what he did that day in 2015 was thuggery plain & simple.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Qbec wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 pm What Calum Clark did to Rob Hawkins was just plain wrong, do any of you remember when Jimmy Gopperth Punched Mat Tait in the face while pretending to be going for a high ball, at Welford road what he did that day in 2015 was thuggery plain & simple.
https://twitter.com/TheRugbyBlog/status ... 6434508800

Knew exactly what he was doing.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

wonder what Fearns will have to say about that on twitter
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:55 pm wonder what Fearns will have to say about that on twitter
Wish I had an account,I’d troll him. Banter level of course
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm just pleased not to be on twitter/facebook/tic toc/Instagram etc............my grown up boys think I'm a dinosaur, but I think I have lived through a golden era and social media is often crass and pernicious, sometimes worse!!
Soggypitch
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

There’s a whole heap of differences between yellows for technical infringements such as hands in ruck or offside and foul play. The latest yellow for Wiese was not a technical offence. No excuse for taking one for the team.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

With Brink now gone, plus the way he's played recently I can see (despite their depth) a Wales call up for Reffell. We NEED Wiese to keep his nose clean in the 6N period.

Back row we know we're losing Ilione to the U20 squad.
Could see both Chessum and Martin in the main England squad (though I expect if called up Chessum would be more the kind of apprentice player that Eddie likes calling up), but we don't know if they'll be in a bubble so we may lose them even if they're not in the 23's
Reffell could easily be in the Welsh squad with his performances.

Our back row options could therefore be

Liebenberg
Van Staden
Wiese
(A pretty darn first choice back row...)
Outside that though...
Wells and Agbongbon (Dolly may not even be a depth option)

So in that senario we NEED Wiese to stay squeaky clean!!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.