Wise Hearing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Rizzo, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Scott1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:34 pm

AngusMcCoatup wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:31 pm
Scott1 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:40 pm
Noggs wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:37 pm
It took some time for Genge to see the light so I'm sure he will get better in this department with good guidance. Without the foul play he is a great player.
Isn’t there a bit of a Mandela Effect about Genge though? I don’t really recall many yellow cards ,happy to be corrected though
Scott ~ Please explain " a bit of a Mandela Effect about Genge though!" Are you linking him to the past South Africa incidents?, Black Lives Matter?, Taking the knee ~ a symbolic gesture against racism?, raising awareness of injustice? or his links to Bristol and the past events there.
To me Gengie is a great respected Tiger and our Captain who should not be compared to anyone else, especially within the three C's. He will depart at the end of the season unfortunately but "Once a Tiger Always a Tiger " :smt027
No,no way! It’s a fascinating theory ,please read on.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-th ... ct-4589394

Christophelp
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Christophelp » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:37 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:47 pm
https://www.englandrugby.com//dxdam/a5/ ... final).pdf

The Panel determined that the appropriate entry point was 2 weeks. This is because the 3 yellow cards were for similar matters
and within a 6 week period. The Player was entitled to some mitigation on account of his plea and the other mitigation set out
above therefore 1 week was deducted. However, an additional week was added on to reflect his poor previous record.
The problem I have with this is that the 3 YCs were within an 8 week period (which included our bye week) and covered appearances in 8 matches, including 3 SA games in the AIs.

It raises the question whether the correct period was considered during the hearing, with the alternative being that the report (an important document) contains a typo. Whichever alternative is correct, it’s pretty ‘disappointing’ that the RFU have got one of them wrong.

westwinds31
Super User
Super User
Posts: 5278
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by westwinds31 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:17 pm

2 weeks for Dennis then. He’s a very small man.

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2145
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Soggypitch » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:21 am

He's well worth the odd ban and I'm sure he will improve his discipline. A couple of those yellows were harsh and a two week ban is harsh, but luckily we currently have the squad to cope.
Soggypitch

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Scott1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:33 am

Soggypitch wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:21 am
He's well worth the odd ban and I'm sure he will improve his discipline. A couple of those yellows were harsh and a two week ban is harsh, but luckily we currently have the squad to cope.
We are at the bones though this week,another BR knock this week and we are really struggling next week!

ay2oh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:53 am
Location: leicester

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by ay2oh » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:43 am

Scott1 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:33 am
Soggypitch wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:21 am
He's well worth the odd ban and I'm sure he will improve his discipline. A couple of those yellows were harsh and a two week ban is harsh, but luckily we currently have the squad to cope.
We are at the bones though this week,another BR knock this week and we are really struggling next week!
Not really as Van Staden should be available next week.
A2O

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Scott1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:44 am

ay2oh wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:43 am
Scott1 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:33 am
Soggypitch wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:21 am
He's well worth the odd ban and I'm sure he will improve his discipline. A couple of those yellows were harsh and a two week ban is harsh, but luckily we currently have the squad to cope.
We are at the bones though this week,another BR knock this week and we are really struggling next week!
Not really as Van Staden should be available next week.
True,still doesn’t give him an out though!

sk 88
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by sk 88 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:26 am

What I find most odd is that outside Premiership games his discipline is actively very good. 85 career games ranging from European games with us, Pro 14 with Cheetahs, internationals to Currie Cup & other SA domestic rugby & only two cards. It is ONLY in games in the Premiership where there has been an issue, with 6 in 20 matches.

So what is it about English referees and BT sport covered matches that generate the cards? Influence of the English group think and TV directors looking to create a villain?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!

Scott1
Super User
Super User
Posts: 11416
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Scott1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:32 am

sk 88 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:26 am
What I find most odd is that outside Premiership games his discipline is actively very good. 85 career games ranging from European games with us, Pro 14 with Cheetahs, internationals to Currie Cup & other SA domestic rugby & only two cards. It is ONLY in games in the Premiership where there has been an issue, with 6 in 20 matches.

So what is it about English referees and BT sport covered matches that generate the cards? Influence of the English group think and TV directors looking to create a villain?
Good find 👍

LittleBigG
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by LittleBigG » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:54 am

Two of them, from memory (although could be wrong) are because of this bizarre "taking out the standing leg" that has seemed to have appeared from nowhere this season.

I'm not aware of any rules that have been introduced that makes this illegal, and am certain that if he just tackled the player in the same time frame the pundits would be commending the "crunching tackle" that just cut him in half (this last one certainly wasn't particularly late - he was committed before the kick was made!)

I'm all for player safety, but the whole POINT of a charge down is to make it uncomfortable/risky for the kicker. They do not have a devine right to kick the ball - why not dummy the kick and sidestep to make him look like an ass as he falls face-first into the mud - something that I've seen more skillful players do many times in the past.

Ironically, the infographic on the World Rugby site looks like the player making the charge down is going to absolutely obliterate the kicker...

mol2
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Cosby

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by mol2 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:36 pm

He was always way too late to charge the ball down. More than adequate time to have avoided the kicker.

A dumb penalty and could have cost us the game.

The thresholds for what players could get away with in SA are different from what you can get away with in the Premiership.

Needs to learn to control himself better or it will cost us. Many play on the edge but the best players know where the edge is.

Tigerbeat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6284
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: The big wide world

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Tigerbeat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:48 pm

Tweet

Outside the Premiership smear campaign Wiese has had 1 card in c.80 games.

7/8 cards have come from English referees in c. 25 games.

But the smears continue.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3120
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Barrowford, near the Witches

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:06 pm

Tigerbeat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:48 pm
Tweet

Outside the Premiership smear campaign Wiese has had 1 card in c.80 games.

7/8 cards have come from English referees in c. 25 games.

But the smears continue.
Most of the cards have been warranted though, he might be getting "targeted" but he needs to modify his approach somewhat.
To win is not as important as playing with style!

LittleBigG
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by LittleBigG » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:14 pm

mol2 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:36 pm
He was always way too late to charge the ball down. More than adequate time to have avoided the kicker.

A dumb penalty and could have cost us the game.

The thresholds for what players could get away with in SA are different from what you can get away with in the Premiership.

Needs to learn to control himself better or it will cost us. Many play on the edge but the best players know where the edge is.
Hmm. Adequate time? A bit like Sheedy could have avoided sliding in and no-arm "tackled" Nandolo while he was scoring his try?

It is the inconsistencies like this that grate. If Weise was a yellow card and ban then Sheedy should have been getting splinters in his :censored: for 10 minutes too

:smt012

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3799
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Wise Hearing

Post by LE18 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:30 pm

LittleBigG wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:14 pm
mol2 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:36 pm
He was always way too late to charge the ball down. More than adequate time to have avoided the kicker.

A dumb penalty and could have cost us the game.

The thresholds for what players could get away with in SA are different from what you can get away with in the Premiership.

Needs to learn to control himself better or it will cost us. Many play on the edge but the best players know where the edge is.
Hmm. Adequate time? A bit like Sheedy could have avoided sliding in and no-arm "tackled" Nandolo while he was scoring his try?

It is the inconsistencies like this that grate. If Weise was a yellow card and ban then Sheedy should have been getting splinters in his :censored: for 10 minutes too

:smt012
We were there saw it live, it looked horrible, way too late and he appeared to leave his leg there, like a trip. In my opinion from watching it as it happened he was lucky not to get Red, sorry folks but it was embarrassing to watch it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eastyorkstiger, Google [Bot] and 2 guests