Super User

Re: New Salary Cap Breach?

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Wellscity wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:16 am So
Sorries investigated
Tigers investigated.
Who next

My bet is The Pests and Brissle
IIRC Wasps and Quins have already been fined relatively paltry amounts for going into the overrun. Dont know if they held their hands up or were found out.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:29 am
Wellscity wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:16 am So
Sorries investigated
Tigers investigated.
Who next

My bet is The Pests and Brissle
IIRC Wasps and Quins have already been fined relatively paltry amounts for going into the overrun. Dont know if they held their hands up or were found out.
Certainly all the fans on Twitter said Quins self reported themselves, theirs was supposedly someone using the wrong currency conversion for an overseas transaction.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Has the Salary Cap Manager actually found any of the cases?
Sarries was off the back of Journalism.
We either spoke up or were whistleblown....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: THE FINAL SARRIES 18TH JUNE 15:00

Post by BigDan50 »

Had a chat with my son who lives in Bath after the match and two of his mates who support Quins and Gloucester called him to to say how disappointed they were that the two teams who have cheated re the salary cap are in the final, still a lot of bad feeling towards us and Sarries from other clubs.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:28 pm Had a chat with my son who lives in Bath after the match and two of his mates who support Quins and Gloucester called him to to say how disappointed they were that the two teams who have cheated re the salary cap are in the final, still a lot of bad feeling towards us and Sarries from other clubs.
Don’t think the Quins fan can talk! But it is a sore point with some. I just use the speeding analogy. We got caught doing 43 in a 40 zone and paid the fine and apologised. Sarries got caught doing 128 on the motorway,flipped the chasing officer off when he tried to pull them then went back later on and took the speed camera to the ground with a chainsaw!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Don’t agree Scott1, if you cheat someone out of one pound or cheat someone out of a hundred pounds it’s still cheating, that’s the bottom line.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:40 pm Don’t agree Scott1, if you cheat someone out of one pound or cheat someone out of a hundred pounds it’s still cheating, that’s the bottom line.
True ,but it was Sarries attitude over the whole thing that got me!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Was ours any better? Not trying to be controversial but we didn’t seem to be very apologetic over our misdemeanours. I’m still very disappointed with my club for the way we behaved.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:47 pm Was ours any better? Not trying to be controversial but we didn’t seem to be very apologetic over our misdemeanours. I’m still very disappointed with my club for the way we behaved.
Come on mate,different league for me! Different stratosphere! I’m not condoning what we did,I’m very disappointed too by it but Sarries was mind blowing what they did.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Yes brush our clubs cheating under the carpet.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

BigDan50 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:47 pm Was ours any better? Not trying to be controversial but we didn’t seem to be very apologetic over our misdemeanours. I’m still very disappointed with my club for the way we behaved.
Unfortunately another example of poor communication & attitude from the club this season...lots of talk during & post the Covid lockdown of openness & transparency,very little evidence of it.

There is a difference between the two cases, Sarries were taking the "Michael" everyone knew it, but PRL were incompetent, as for us we either made a serious of errors or were inept in cheating, it's a final where the neutral might just go I don't want either to win.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
PIEANDAPINT
Tiger Cub

Post by PIEANDAPINT »

Totally agree with you Big Dan! Either we cheated and there should be internal consequences or senior officials were not aware of what was going on and therefore they should be viewed as totally incompetent. In both scenarios the lack of any accountability is disappointing and embarrassing. It will be a very long time before we can take the moral high ground on anything!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Both teams have been sanctioned for their offences, and paid their fines/had their punishment.

In terms of Tigers, they are pretty much a completely different team now.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

It’s not about the players or a different team it’s about clubs cheating, we and Saracens cheated and its sad that the two teams that behaved as they did are allowed to contest the final, personally I was hoping for a Northampton vs Harlequins final. Saracens and Leicester don’t deserve to contest a final after the way we and Saracens behaved.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

But they've served their time. And it was for things that went on in previous seasons, so no longer counts. Get over it man. Both teams deserve to in THIS YEARS final.