New Salary Cap Breach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: New Salary Cap Breach?

Post by Tiglon »

The argument of "yeah but we're not as bad as Saracens" doesn't mean we have nothing to worry about.

Look, I'm not telling anyone else they are wrong here, everyone has their own expectations for their club. I'm simply sharing mine.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

On this topic string of the strength of the clubs apology surely being a PLC demands a strong and genuine apology/commitment to the share holders and sponsors?

PS From my previous comms the pie was with gravy 😋
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:35 pm On this topic string of the strength of the clubs apology surely being a PLC demands a strong and genuine apology/commitment to the share holders and sponsors?

Following on from Chris’s earlier point, I’m sure that executives at MW, and other sponsors, will have been in contact with the club re this matter, if they weren’t informed before the club went public. It is then up to them, and I am no legal expert, but I doubt this would be sufficient to break any existing agreement, but may make them consider prolonging the agreement.

Re the pie I would have gone HP or slightly controversial mint sauce
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:42 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:39 pm Sponsors won't care a jot if we get some silverware this season.
Because no club or sportsperson has ever lost sponsorship due to ethical transgressions, right?
Didn't say they hadn't, but we won't. Im almost positive of that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

If people feel that strongly about it vote with your feet,and don't let the door hit you on the way out!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree with Scott if you are that concerned about our tarnished reputation go support another team.
A2O
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

MW is an interesting one, if you as a business are touting to look after other people's money it doesn't look great if you sponsor an organisation which appears not to of followed financial regulations.
On the flipside they are a local firm with genuine interest in Tigers, if they didn't have that link you wouldn't begrudge them ending the relationship.

Why can't I be disgusted by the actions of the club off the pitch, whilst still being a supporter of the "Team", in the sake of balance we could have owners like a certain few Premier League Clubs, now they really for me would make supporting them difficult...luckily they aren't my team.

The stain will be permanent, the saving grace is we didn't win anything whilst cheating/being incompetent, although the Falcons might beg to differ.....

Yet again Premiership Rugby come out of this looking clueless.

I would hope our Chairman will put a statement out, sooner rather than later.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Club has put out a statement. Sponsors can take some comfort that the main executives have changed, some directors are no longer with the club, and the present incumbents have been transparent in their attitude and approach to the investigation. It’s a different team and management structure now, and all the better for it.

Get behind the team, support the executive, move on.
Valhalla I am coming!
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:22 pm Agree with Scott if you are that concerned about our tarnished reputation go support another team.
Yeah!

Maybe:
Sarries... humble, genuine club?
Quins... nope, BloodGate + been pinged for overrun before
Bath? Plenty of speculation that they were once well over, and I think they've been pinged for "overrun" before
Wasps... scrumgate - they even changed the rules after this thing that "definitely didn't happen" happened, plus it's apparently mandatory to have an "I ❤ Dayglo" tattoo on your left buttock
Newcastle? Deano still tarnished - why should Quins take all the reputational damage??
London Irish... plenty have a problem with Paddy Jackson because of certain allegations!
Exeter... sponsors sure don't like that racist branding, well they wouldn't if pretty much their only sponsor wasn't their owner!
Bristol... after the shenanigans last year!?

Guess that leaves Saints, Sale, Gloucester, or Worcester!

Anyone got anything on those four to reduce that list any more? 😄

We rightfully got a slapping because we cocked up. Yes, we're gonna get ribbed for it when we go to Gloucester next (will we even notice the difference? 😂)

But to me it reeks of "institutionalized cockup" rather than anything else; the values are too small each year to be deliberately trying to play the system. Thankfully, the "institution" has significantly changed - I'll still be on the terrace next match!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ay2oh wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:22 pm go support another team.
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:01 pm don't let the door hit you on the way out!
#TigersFamily

Is this how rugby is these days?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:00 pm
ay2oh wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:22 pm go support another team.
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:01 pm don't let the door hit you on the way out!
#TigersFamily

Is this how rugby is these days?
Yes,family fall out. We've all fell out with family and they have made mistakes. We forgive and move on because we love them. I don't push them for an essay on what they've done or prepare the gallows for any of them! 😂
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:35 pm On this topic string of the strength of the clubs apology surely being a PLC demands a strong and genuine apology/commitment to the share holders and sponsors?

Totally agree with everything you have said.
As a PLC the Chairman and CEO should address Shareholders, season ticket holders and members as all parties contribute something to this club.
As I said in my original post the so called club statement is a Whitewash and has no sense of accountability from the powers that be.
All this talk on this thread is wanting some accountability and so far the club as fallen short on this matter.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

This type of issue was almost inevitable when all of the ‘non rugby’ people flocked to our sport when professionalism made money flow into the game. Not many years ago no player had an agent, investment company or financial adviser. Now they are commonplace. This radical change from Rugby Club to ‘business’ has attracted such leeches like flies to a jampot and our sport is the worse for it. Was it better prior to professionalism ? Some clubs kept their better players happy with fivers in boots - in Wales, the better players had ‘jobs’ with the Coal Board or British Steel but never had to deal with coal or iron ore. I would bet that there isn’t a single club which hasn’t crossed the line. Funds will not allow a widespread investigation into them all.
We are guilty as charged m’lud, but our sentence was ameliorated by our co-operation and admission of guilt.
Let us move on! No more self flagellation, keep that for the opposition. A new era, new management, brilliant coach and an excellent group of players.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Plus 1
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=fleabane post_id=812841 time=1647453344 user_id=3701]
Club has put out a statement. Sponsors can take some comfort that the main executives have changed, some directors are no longer with the club, and the present incumbents have been transparent in their attitude and approach to the investigation. It’s a different team and management structure now, and all the better for it.

Get behind the team, support the executive, move on.
[/quote]

It's not a wholly different team is it? If we are to believe the Chris Edgerton piece and his sources, 'everything' financial went through the Chairman.