New Salary Cap Breach?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: New Salary Cap Breach?

Post by RagingBull »

Sarries wouldn't have been relegated if they handed over full access.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Obviously until it’s fully investigated we can’t get too worried about this, but reading what is currently out there, it doesn’t look good. Given what Saracens went through , an example was set so any other breach will have to be dealt with in the same way, depending on severity obviously. Hopefully it’s not as bad but like I said, it looks bad already. It’s the old classic isn’t it, Saracens got caught and took their punishment and the grief that came with it, everyone else breathed a sigh of relief. It’s always the insider threat that is the biggest, and it appears that we may have to pay the price (literally) for the way the club has been run previously.

More worrying than that, what impact will it have on current players and coaching staff. Again it will be about the severity of whatever punishment is dished out. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. Just frustrating and really over shadows what has been a superb effort turning the club around.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Please let there be no substance to these allegations. We have come such a long way so quickly and this if proven could see us in very serious and dire straits. The timing stinks to high heaven but if proven we will be the new Sarries and in the championship for the first time. :smt009 :smt009 :smt010 :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=KiwiTig post_id=802764 time=1640693696 user_id=41691]
That’s an interesting comment cheltexile because he came and left very quickly and was also a former agent who took on a management role at the club
[/quote]

Yes, his unexpected departure was in February too.Coincidence?
Last edited by MurphysLaw on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

IF anything significant is found, then maybe a fine. I can’t see why any points deduction would apply if none of the current squad or management were involved with the alleged indiscretions.

Would be interesting to find out who squealed - of the ex-players I can imagine Redmond, Bateman doing it, but I’d also be interested who leaked the investigation the the press.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Now in the Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/index.html

The sad thing is this is going to cause damage in the interim through trial by public opinion regardless as to whether the accusations prove groundless or not
Last edited by aslongaswebeatsaints on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

All is speculation until any wrong-doing is proven. However, is it coincidence that these allegations have appeared right now? Rhetorical question.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Pretty relevant twitter thread from earlier in the year
https://twitter.com/rugbyandthelaw/stat ... 4991176705
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RichieB wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:42 pm IF anything significant is found, then maybe a fine. I can’t see why any points deduction would apply if none of the current squad or management were involved with the alleged indiscretions.

Would be interesting to find out who squealed - of the ex-players I can imagine Redmond, Bateman doing it, but I’d also be interested who leaked the investigation the the press.
Agreed. Historic events being dug up.. would seem extremely harsh to punish the current team for historic indiscretions.. guess it will all come out but as we are ‘cooperating fully’ I’d expect our punishment, if indeed a punishment is required, will be a lot less. Plus, Sarries was the current players and management not ‘historic’
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Can't complain though if we had done things wrong.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The most worrying thing for me is Taufua's release and it's timing very close to the insolvency declaration.

Us letting one of our highest paid players go mid-season can't be a standard tactic?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

So is this what the club statement is about?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:56 pm Can't complain though if we had done things wrong.
Agreed. However, It’s been on going , nothing new . All star players have it their contracts . Wouldn’t worry about it. Imagine lots of clubs have similar issues. The Twitter thread you posted above is an interesting insight, thanks for posting RB :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Could it be that roll of notes in the boot of a player in the 1980 JP Final against Irish?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Strange how sport can build you up in one moment and smash you down the next.

I was absolutely deliriously happy after a last minute try at Bristol. Then you wake up to this?

As one of the less level headed, emotion driven posters on this forum I guess the effects cut deep.......plus I hate waiting for anything! "We'll just have to see" does me no good at all.

.........plus did anyone else see the cricket last night? Go to the foot of our steps!

Nothing we can do but wait and hope.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"