BBC catching up with this board

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

BBC catching up with this board

Post by Old Hob »

Good article on the BBC outlining all that's good about Tigers at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59687906

IBWT
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: BBC catching up with this board

Post by loretta »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:27 pm Good article on the BBC outlining all that's good about Tigers at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59687906

IBWT
But, what’s with “in Steve we trust”?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

I read it this morning and tbh thought it was all a bit of a page-filler on a slow news day. Nice comfortable reading for us fans but basically just a rehash of the now familiar Tigers-rise-from-the-ashes story. The only new (to me) story was the one about SB on his first day in charge telling one group of players to leave the training ground.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jacko27 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 pm I read it this morning and tbh thought it was all a bit of a page-filler on a slow news day. Nice comfortable reading for us fans but basically just a rehash of the now familiar Tigers-rise-from-the-ashes story. The only new (to me) story was the one about SB on his first day in charge telling one group of players to leave the training ground.
He announced that last spring time I think in the Re-shaping Leicester Tigers Borthwick did. Really good interview series if you didn't watch it.

EDIT:
Found a link to it if you're interested
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lt ... g-3-210321
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It was interesting that SB was surprised about how bad things were at Tigers.

Didn't make it clear if that was down to atitude or simply being demoralised by the results. Perhaps too professional to point fingers.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 am
Jacko27 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 pm I read it this morning and tbh thought it was all a bit of a page-filler on a slow news day. Nice comfortable reading for us fans but basically just a rehash of the now familiar Tigers-rise-from-the-ashes story. The only new (to me) story was the one about SB on his first day in charge telling one group of players to leave the training ground.
He announced that last spring time I think in the Re-shaping Leicester Tigers Borthwick did. Really good interview series if you didn't watch it.

EDIT:
Thanks for this TFS. It was well worth listening to and he does indeed refer to that training ground incident. SB's not the most comfortable or sparkling of interviewees (not as good as Cockers or Dwyer but much better than Deano!) but everything he does say sounds thought-through and honest.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Jacko27 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:27 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 am

EDIT:
Thanks for this TFS. It was well worth listening to and he does indeed refer to bythat training ground incident. SB's not the most comfortable or sparkling of interviewees (not as good as Cockers or Dwyer but much better than Deano!) but everything he does say sounds thought-through and honest.
He does have a number of stock phrases that he uses in almost every interview, 'on a journey', 'only looking as far as the next game', the opposition 'are a good side, well coached'. He does seem to be far more relaxed now than when he started, obviously getting used to media duties and not finding them too difficult now. Winning 14 on the bounce helps with the questions that get asked :smt001

Some small inaccuracies in the article:

"spared relegation only by Saracens' financial indiscretions" - maybe, maybe not. Because Saracene were going to be relegated, everybody, including Tigers approached their games, especially the mid-week ones as they felt was best. With Tigers it was development and getting to see everybody have some games so that SB could evaluate them. If relegation had been on the cards, many teams' selections would have been different. Who knows what the results would have been"

"last minute win at Saracens" - close, but no cigar.