BRISTOL (A) - 26th December 2021 - 2-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: BRISTOL (A) - 26th December 2021 - 2-00pm

Post by Scott1 »

Louis wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:15 pm 1) Tigers stank!
2) Well, Tigers were bad.
3) Okay, Tigers were just a little awful.
4) Today Tigers were mediocre.
5) I thought Tigers were better today.
6) A good performance from Tigers
7) Wow Tigers were great!

Please select your opinion (which is yours and no one can take that away from you because it is your opinion which is yours) from options 1-7 based on the difference between your heart rate at 70 mins and 83 mins.

I'm going to pretend I was always impressed and never despondent. Because Tigers were always going to win. Except when they weren't.
3) but I'll take a win every day of the week
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Scrum was a lottery so glad that Fowley went French in the last 10 mins and just told both teams to play away. It was good that he did not make a penalty call that was the decider. You could say Bristol off their feet was a big call but Tigers kept up in their plays afterwards. The play from their was all fair enough and could have been defended by Bristol.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Please select your opinion (which is yours and no one can take that away from you because it is your opinion which is yours) from options 1-7 based on the difference between your heart rate at 70 mins and 83 mins.

I'm going to pretend I was always impressed and never despondent. Because Tigers were always going to win. Except when they weren't.
2.5 for me I think. That said, things we just learned:

1) Borthwick is actually capable of smiling
2) Leicester 2021 is not Leicester 2019
3) the Leicester banter years mental habits are hard to get out of
4) Wiese will be doing laps until about the 5th of January
5) Borthwick is capable of smiling, I know I had this as number one but it is so revelatory that I feel it warrants mentioning twice.

Last minute win and we did it without a load of touchline shenanigans, I'll call that debt paid.
Last edited by Crofty on Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Louis

Post by Louis »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:16 pm

3) but I'll take a win every day of the week
Absolutely.

I don't think we were too bad today tbf. It was a gritty win, Bristol wanted to play a speedy game at Tigers today. Holding onto the ball for however many minutes with only 14 men is a good comeback. Now, I shall avoid a Lazarus comparison, but only because Lazarus was on his back for most of the previous minutes, and Tigers were dogging it out! ;-)
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Some of you need to hang your heads in shame after moaning your way through the match 😩
Try enjoying the contest, it’ll do wonders for your blood pressure 🎅
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:16 pm Tigers only played about 6 mins of rugby in that match.

The last 4 mins was fantastic, why can't they do that for the rest of the match?
Did you forget the first 15 mins where it was almost solidly us attacking in their 22 ball in hand and not getting anything from it?

The kicking gets us into the right areas and then we attack from there. It also forces the opposition to sit a number of players in the backfield which might offer us opportunities as there's less players in the defensive line.

Our tactics worked in the end. The Bristol team looked shattered at the death. Which allowed Ford to pull them all over the place despite us being down to 14.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Anyone would have thought that it was the Tigers that had 2 weeks off given the mistakes. However, they came good in the 84 minute.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:22 pm Anyone would have thought that it was the Tigers that had 2 weeks off given the mistakes. However, they came good in the 84 minute.
some of those lads practically did
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Can't believe we failed to get a TBP :smt002 :smt005

Nicked a win whilst paying like drains for a lot of that game, I'll take that. Never really out of control (a bit panicked at times skewing our drills and making daft errors) but never really in control either, strange old game today....Bristol took their chances well but we served them up on a plate, other than feeding off our errors I don't really think they created much or bothered us a lot - that's not just hindsight speaking.

Rights a few wrongs from the end of last season, shame it wasn't at home or Porter's try was for a TBP win, but now I'm being greedy.

Can't wait to see the thoughts of Lam and Borthwick on that one.

Consolidate it now with a win over Newcastle and dare to dream for an away win Vs Wasps then that all team played, and beaten, once already this season.

One game at a time though, no getting ahead of ourselves.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Enjoyed that, had roast lamb yesterday and roast lam today.

Enjoyed that next to my cousin from Bristol 😃😂😂
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
PGD
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PGD »

There we are in Oxon: 26-23. Ah well, we had to lose sometime: if we were awful it'll be a lesson and SB will have them asking questions of themselves at Oval Park and they'll get better for it. Telling ourselves this to hide the disappointment.

But hang on... that's still 'latest score'.
Then the BBC live score changes to 26-28.
Then the colour changes to yellow with 'FT'

The house goes bonkers. What a team - Kev Sinfield really has put grit into them. What a team: they really have forgotten how to lose. I'm rambling, so pleased for them. Looking forward to being back in the Crumbie next weekend!
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Loved the way Porter held on to that ball as he went over - a newborn baby couldn't have had better care.
Ancient Mariner
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Amazing game plan. Pretend to play awful for 76 minutes just to make the win against Bristol and the BT Commentary team super sweet. Haven’t seen that training move before where you reduce your squad to 14, camp on your own 10 metre in the last minute, kick the ball away, then play a perfect sequence directed by pure Ford magic.

It’s that special single malt time :smt031
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Big carry off that last scrum by Martin too - having the patience to play when it had gone down and then to make those metres off the back was massive in the context of those final few minutes

I’ve been pretty ill for 24hrs but that’s cheered me up from my bed
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

This team is still believe it or not still a work in progress. Moan Moan Moan how shallow, get real a win away with 14 men at the end is commendable. Their tries came from our mistakes however we were trying to run the ball something a lot on here are demanding so work in progress it is, but we still won.