Genge leaving

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Faulks04
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Genge leaving

Post by Faulks04 »

Can understand him wanting to leave and there’s no loyalty in rugby but that video takes the :censored: . There’s men women and children who idolise him and they deserve better than that !
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:03 pm Is it normal to do a photoshoot 6 months before you make the move? I'll trust SB to make his mind up on that one and do what he thinks is best for the team.

Interesting they say he took a pay cut to go there, but perhaps Leicester were offering him reduced terms too.

I did think Genge was very odd in a pre match interview a couple of months back - can't remember which match but he only gave one word answers and couldn't have been more rude to the presenter unless he'd told him to F off.

The "moving home" narrative seems ridiculous for me, with both Ford and Genge aspiring to be the best in the world, but everyone's different and maybe it just is what it is.

We move on.
Agreed, but I don't believe that for one minute. Just browsing social media and it's quite funny how many Bristol fans actually believe this. No chance he leaves for a paycut when he's an England International, Tigers captain and his stock is higher than it's ever been. Taking a big paycut due to his love for Bristol, the city and the club is a nice line though.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Bristol the City he basically had to leave when he joined us...

Potentially he could be in breach of his contract with Tigers.

Every week that goes by I struggle to work out what benefits Professionalism has actually brought to the game.

To make Sanderson's antics look almost gentlemanly takes some doing.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Is it possible Genge struggles to contain himself and behave as Borthwick expects and was looking for a way out.... be interesting to see how his behaviour pans out down there!
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

It’s a throw away line to say it’s for less money, I wonder……
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBh it prob refers to what he is on now.
Not the the reduced wage that he would've gotten since he wouldn't be a marquee player
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I've been puzzled, perhaps that's not the correct word, by Genge since he signed for us. He came as a good player, escaping to Leicester as a safe haven. He came with a chip on his shoulder regarding education choices, a chip regarding selection, including methods of selection by England. He has always shown by his body language that there is something there, an apparent attitude, including in his interviews, generally taking the p...... out of who was interviewing him, almost mocking.
Tigers have developed him, got him into the England team, promoted him in every way, including making him Captain. I think he has been very well looked after by the club, and by our idolisation of him as a player.
Now he has been promoting his new club in such a manner, how should we react to him, do we support him till end of season, will the club select him, we want his full commitment until the end of the season, will we get it :smt017 Very puzzled as to why he wants to go at this time, there is plenty of time in his young life left before wanting to return home now. Gutted.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:45 pm TBh it prob refers to what he is on now.
Not the the reduced wage that he would've gotten since he wouldn't be a marquee player
That’s what I thought too - it’s a marketing spin based on it being a reduced package compared to his pre COVID contract.

I can’t imagine he’ll be on much less at Bristol than what Tigers will have offered as of now with the reduced cap coming in.
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

If he knew he was going, why did he accept the captaincy? You don't get to be LT Captain for a year. I hope SB gives the captaincy to HL.
On the video, IMO that is hugely disrespectful. At least GF hasn't thrown his move in our faces.
As far as I'm concerned, he can slink off now. He might be a very talented player, but he still has much to learn about respect.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I’ve just seen the video of Genge at Bristol with Pat Lam
What a complete muppet
Totally disloyal and out of order
Why would Borthwick want this man as captain now, even as a player ?
I’m sure SB will throw the book at him and rightly so!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

So the lad goes home, no surprise really.
Last edited by TigerCam on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

The video is terrible. Shows no respect. He is tigers captain :censored:! What would
Murphy, Johnson, Tom Youngs, Back, Richards made of that? Actions speak louder than words Ellis-
There is no decency in doing that video when you play, let along captain, another club.
I’m appalled by it.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I think Genge has blown it here ,I can't see how Borths can play him now.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

He has signed for Bristol and they have released the video....not instigated by Ellis.
Not great but if he sticks to his word and shows his commitment in games he can play. The captaincy is another issue....
If his performances dip, he should be dropped....we are still paying his wages!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Its getting more like Wendyball with this transfer malarkey!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer