Genge leaving

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Genge leaving

Post by Scuttle »

I think is is unfortunate that Genge is leaving, but no more than that. He is a very good player but the team is more than him and I would rather he leave, than stay when he or his family are unsettled; it would inevitably reflect in his performance on the pitch in my view. I am not convinced his performances have been upto his own high standards of late and I imagine some of that may be due to him having all kinds of things whirling around in his head about the move that had not yet been announced. Now it is announced I expect he can settle down, focus, and give his best for the remainder of his time here.
As Good As It Gets
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

anz3001 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:24 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:22 pm Don’t know if it’s just where I was in the ground today, but it 100% seemed like Genge was boo’d when showed on the screen during the game. Either that or the crowd were boo’ing a decision by the ref and it coincided with his face being on the screen…
I think it was the later. I was booing at the time and then notice he was on the screen which made me chuckle a bit but my booing was definitely at the decision not Ellis.
One person behind me decided that booing a Tigers player would set a good example to his kids sitting alongside him. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

chris111 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:04 pm
TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:22 pm Don’t know if it’s just where I was in the ground today, but it 100% seemed like Genge was boo’d when showed on the screen during the game. Either that or the crowd were boo’ing a decision by the ref and it coincided with his face being on the screen…
I think it was the later. I was booing at the time and then notice he was on the screen which made me chuckle a bit but my booing was definitely at the decision not Ellis.
One person behind me decided that booing a Tigers player would set a good example to his kids sitting alongside him. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
Agree. I’m not a fan of how Ellis/Bristol have managed the situation, but boo’ing your own is scumbag behaviour
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can't stand booing, I never booed Cockers when we lost at home to LI when he was coming towards the end and I never booed when we were smashed at home in Europe. These forums are the place to vent, at games you give the team 100% regardless of how you feel at the time
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Can't stand booing, I never booed Cockers when we lost at home to LI when he was coming towards the end and I never booed when we were smashed at home in Europe. These forums are the place to vent, at games you give the team 100% regardless of how you feel at the time
Hold my hands up, I may have boo’d us during/after THAT game at home to Glasgow. It was either that or combust
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:10 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Hold my hands up, I may have boo’d us during/after THAT game at home to Glasgow. It was either that or combust
I walked out early! Hahaha but seriously i was with my lad who was a bit younger then and the Glasgow fans were getting a tad boisterous. Worse fans I've ever seen at WR
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

If boos were aimed at him, maybe it’s fans that feel genuinely let down and want to express that. EG wanted to express his decision to go ‘home’ everyone is entitled to an opinion. I suspect that will be the only time fans and EG do so, we move on together.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Well worth reading this report, puts a lot in perspective and confirms that, indeed, Tigers have known about it for a while:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... pJVnhDQgJU
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

fentiger wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:31 pm Well worth reading this report, puts a lot in perspective and confirms that, indeed, Tigers have known about it for a while:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... pJVnhDQgJU
My immediate feeling after reading that was more along the lines of a specific family issue rather than a more general desire to be closer to home.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Silence is far more effective than booing.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Tigersunited wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:23 pm If boos were aimed at him, maybe it’s fans that feel genuinely let down and want to express that. EG wanted to express his decision to go ‘home’ everyone is entitled to an opinion. I suspect that will be the only time fans and EG do so, we move on together.
Those fans may have been expressing an opinion - but I thought they chose a petulant and classless way to do it.
There you go - my opinion expressed!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

I have no reason to doubt Ellis’ professionalism.

I have no reason to question his decision - we have gained from him as he has from us.

It’s the nature of the game. If we were in his position would we do any different?

Let’s enjoy him while he’s ours.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Interesting to see the view outside: Times headline over the match report reads; "Trusty Cole shows captain what loyalty looks like." Ouch!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I believe in the old saying "home is where the heart is" and one thing is for certain Gengeys heart is not at Tigers.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

CJ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm Agree with Tigercam. Drop him - especially against Bristol. Don’t play him for the rest of the season and let him see how that affects his fitness, his England place and more. What a muppet - I really liked him but this is just completely out of order
I think people are coming out without knowing the full facts. Try listening to the one man that matters and that is Steve Borthwick. Did you ever stop to think that Ellis had no say in when the video was released by Bristol. As a contracted player he would have had permission from Tigers. Steve Borthwick was aware of Ellis leaving for Bristol and actually appreciates Ellis giving him several weeks notice so he can start planning replacing him. He goes with SB blessing. Bah Humbug