Genge leaving

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Re: Genge leaving

Post by BengalTiger »

Players and coaches come and they go, they have a different perspective on things than us fans who stick with one club for life so there is bound to be a disconnect between the two.
However, I do not buy this going to play at your home club as a true or complete reason, I would bet a lot of money that Ford and Genge end their careers playing in France and or Japan then the inconvenience of being 2-3 hours away from home will look like the fig leaf it is!
Pat Lam has already shown his lack of class, he along with Sanderson are both bottom feeders IMHO, they are welcome to their new recruits who will I think will both be shown to be players who Tigers will not miss.
Remember, form is temporary and (lack of) class is permanent.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I just want to say well done to Ellis, proved it out on the pitch today he will put it in on the pitch for the remainder of his time here!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yep same here. His reaction at the end is all I need to know about the rest of his time here.

Be sad to see him leave, but I'm confident he'll be a Tiger until then.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think when everything calmed down most people thought Genge would play out of his skin for us.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:15 pm
bendy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:14 pm If you're Borthwick watching him doing videos with Lam, do you start Genge on Boxing Day?

I'm not sure I would.
I'd be tempted not to start him at all. Judging by his past couple of games his head is not there.
sapajo wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:17 pm
anz3001 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 pm “I cannot express how grateful I am to all my teammates, coaches and fans at Welford Road.”

And to show just how grateful, I’m going to do a promo vid of the signing and shaking hands with Lam, mid season, a few days before I’m due to lead them out in Europe.

Vids can wait until the end of the seasons, surely. Classless imo.
This could have waited the fact that he chose to do it now seems to me he has already gone mentally .
manxleigh wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:18 pm Well I’ll say it. After that video, I never want to see him in a Tigers shirt again. Strip him of the captaincy immediately. Vanity personified. I’d let him go now and take his lack of class with him. Sorry, but at least George has kept his head down.

Postiger2 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:51 pm Well that's pretty poor judgement. How can he remain captain now?

He's already there emotionally and mentally, pretty clear from that video.

LekkerTigers wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 pm It doesn't matter what his attitude is/was. How do you trust him to give his all for the team when he's just been at another club producing a video like that? Especially considering our next premiership game is against Bristol themselves.

A shambles. Should have kept his head down and done this at the end of the season.
WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:41 pm
CJ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm Agree with Tigercam. Drop him - especially against Bristol. Don’t play him for the rest of the season and let him see how that affects his fitness, his England place and more. What a muppet - I really liked him but this is just completely out of order
I agree 100% with you but, if dropped I would not be surprised to see him sitting in the crowd with a Bristol hat on. Such is the level of contempt I strongly believe he holds the club in (I include the supporters in that).

Any of y'all see the match today, specifically at the end and how much that win meant to Genge? Any of y'all want to revise your opinions about his commitment this season?
Blimey...
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I have to give Gengey credit, although he was totally classless in his performance off the pitch, he was today class plus on it …it truly saddens me that he’s leaving ! What personality and performer is there that will replace him I do not know ?
Thoughts ?
What I do know we need is our own embedded Tigers to follow in the steps of Cole and others to build rock solid Tigers Foundations…LH for one ! I think Whitcombe is great but he’s not had the prep that Heyes has had although they’re a similar age
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Crivvens wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:48 pm
bendy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:14 pm If you're Borthwick watching him doing videos with Lam, do you start Genge on Boxing Day?

I'm not sure I would.
I'd be tempted not to start him at all. Judging by his past couple of games his head is not there.
anz3001 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:10 pm “I cannot express how grateful I am to all my teammates, coaches and fans at Welford Road.”

And to show just how grateful, I’m going to do a promo vid of the signing and shaking hands with Lam, mid season, a few days before I’m due to lead them out in Europe.

This could have waited the fact that he chose to do it now seems to me he has already gone mentally .
manxleigh wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:18 pm Well I’ll say it. After that video, I never want to see him in a Tigers shirt again. Strip him of the captaincy immediately. Vanity personified. I’d let him go now and take his lack of class with him. Sorry, but at least George has kept his head down.

Postiger2 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:51 pm Well that's pretty poor judgement. How can he remain captain now?

LekkerTigers wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:56 pm It doesn't matter what his attitude is/was. How do you trust him to give his all for the team when he's just been at another club producing a video like that? Especially considering our next premiership game is against Bristol themselves.

A shambles. Should have kept his head down and done this at the end of the season.
CJ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm Agree with Tigercam. Drop him - especially against Bristol. Don’t play him for the rest of the season and let him see how that affects his fitness, his England place and more. What a muppet - I really liked him but this is just completely out of order
I agree 100% with you but, if dropped I would not be surprised to see him sitting in the crowd with a Bristol hat on. Such is the level of contempt I strongly believe he holds the club in (I include the supporters in that).

Any of y'all see the match today, specifically at the end and how much that win meant to Genge? Any of y'all want to revise your opinions about his commitment this season?
I'd probably say get a life 😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

I'm not sure I would.

No, thank you. Agreeing with Scott here as well.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I'm not sure I would.

See Scott's answer :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Genge was excellent yesterday, total commitment. He says he'll give everything until the end of the season and I believe him.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... ridiculous
Equally, he says he has no regrets about opting to return to his native Bristol this summer to be closer to his family. “Without going into too much detail certain circumstances forced my hand,” Genge said. “I needed to be closer to them and see them more often. If we’ve learned something from Covid it’s that you don’t get to spend much time with the people you love, let alone in lockdown.

“I’ve been away from home since I was 16 and it’s time for me to go back and support my family, my sister, my dad and my mum in the best way I can. For me that’s by being back in Bristol.”
In some ways I feel he doesn't actually too much about playing for Bristol - he just wants to be local to family. Nothing wrong or even particularly a revelation but these comments somehow made me think that is clearly the case.