Re: European round 2 - other games

Post by BigDan50 »

Yes he had a decent game, good to see.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

With so many cancellations I just wonder whether it is possible to pick up 20 points and not play a game. Crazy times.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Given that the French have caused so many fixtures to be postponed, I’d be pretty miffed if I was one of the teams forced to post a 28-0 loss
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

northerntiger wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:42 am Given that the French have caused so many fixtures to be postponed, I’d be pretty miffed if I was one of the teams forced to post a 28-0 loss
Those games are being replayed hopefully, but how Leinster have lost 28-0 when Montpellier had cases too and Leinster had the numbers to put a squad out baffles me though!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

As I understand it, only the travel ban games will be replayed. The teams that cancel through covid lose
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

northerntiger wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:03 pm As I understand it, only the travel ban games will be replayed. The teams that cancel through covid lose
Yes that's right,28-0 so a TBP loss. But the circumstances around the Leinster/Montpellier game are very harsh. Both had cases but Leinster said they could still put a squad together
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Given that the postponed games have been caused by the French government, all the French teams should have a 28-0 loss
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Some lovely stuff by Quins!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yellow a bit harsh,player jumped into that. Similar to North on Adam Thompstone
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

couldn't agree with Flats more, the Quins fullback is at fault there is anything he should be in the bin for jumping into a tackle
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:20 pm couldn't agree with Flats more, the Quins fullback is at fault there is anything he should be in the bin for jumping into a tackle
Yes,poor reffing!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great try,Smith is superb in full flight
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

that's obstruction by Dombrandt, clearly leans into the Cardiff 13 to block him getting to Smith
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:22 pm that's obstruction by Dombrandt, clearly leans into the Cardiff 13 to block him getting to Smith
Yes,happens all the time though. Supporting players always run blocking lines to force the defender out
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:23 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:22 pm that's obstruction by Dombrandt, clearly leans into the Cardiff 13 to block him getting to Smith
Yes,happens all the time though. Supporting players always run blocking lines to force the defender out
run a blocking line all fair, to actually lean across when he's getting around you is akin to changing your line and a penalty for me, needless, he was never going to catch Smith