Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: European round 2 - other games

Post by Scott1 »

That's cheered me up! Go Glasgow
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Munster 9-3 Castre

At halftime
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With some sides getting points without playing and the likelihood that it may get worse, I have lost all interest in this, a team could get 20 points without playing a game and go through and a team could play all their games and get 16 points winning them all and either not get a home knockout game or even go out, needs cancelling and start again next season.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:58 pm With some sides getting points without playing and the likelihood that it may get worse, I have lost all interest in this, a team could get 20 points without playing a game and go through and a team could play all their games and get 16 points winning them all and either not get a home knockout game or even go out, needs cancelling and start again next season.
The commercial reality of the world means that this competition will limp on no matter what. May as well just enjoy the games.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:58 pm With some sides getting points without playing and the likelihood that it may get worse, I have lost all interest in this, a team could get 20 points without playing a game and go through and a team could play all their games and get 16 points winning them all and either not get a home knockout game or even go out, needs cancelling and start again next season.
We were saying this last season, has to be said but what makes people think it’s gonna be any different next year?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Didn’t know much about Rory Knockett until the last two weeks. His back chat to the ref is a disgrace- last week he was asking for a yellow card and Kay called him out. Lucky to still be on the field at the moment.

Also his left arm has swollen up like a balloon- any medical experts tell me what had happened their? Really bizarre looking injury.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:35 pm Didn’t know much about Rory Knockett until the last two weeks. His back chat to the ref is a disgrace- last week he was asking for a yellow card and Kay called him out. Lucky to still be on the field at the moment.

Also his left arm has swollen up like a balloon- any medical experts tell me what had happened their? Really bizarre looking injury.
Kockott is vile
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:28 pm they have to do something about the length of the advantage, Quins just went virtually the length of the Cardiff half of the pitch as were still playing with the advantage, that's just not fair with how many metres they had gained, I feel if you gain 15-20 metres it should be advantage over where as it seems like its advantage until you score in Rugby.
I didn't see this one, but I know what you mean...one thing that i think they could do is give, say 5 "phases" before advantage over. Gives the person playing SH a chance to say "we'll take the advantage" without it taking forever! Obviously "new advantage" resets the count!
I've seen advantages in the past go on for several minutes! (And on the TV with a "neutral" game, so I know my green, white, and red goggles weren't impeding :smt002)
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

The way things are progressing right now the one certain winner of both European competitions could very well be covid....

Must admit to even having a degree of sympathy for Leinster - very rare for me indeed :

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4759173
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....