Covid passports to be required?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Covid passports to be required?

Post by Bobmac »

How is proof shown of declaration form completed?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Bobmac wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:03 am How is proof shown of declaration form completed?
Tigers reference number has to be put in. This will link it to your entry "pass", in my case, season ticket. Don't know if there's one of those on a paper ticket. Presumably, if you haven't done it, the gate won't work. If you can't make it, it might not be the best time to lend a mate your ticket!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I wonder if anyone was turned away because they did't have appropriate clearance docs?

Entry seemed seamless, no one ask to see my covid pass, I offered my phone but it was waived away, I had completed the proforma declaration so was this transmitted onto my season ticket? It did seem to take a couple of seconds longer before the turnstile was clicked.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:20 pm I wonder if anyone was turned away because they did't have appropriate clearance docs?

Entry seemed seamless, no one ask to see my covid pass, I offered my phone but it was waived away, I had completed the proforma declaration so was this transmitted onto my season ticket? It did seem to take a couple of seconds longer before the turnstile was clicked.
Apparently they only checked 20% of the crowd on a random sampling basis
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I was checked, but only in a most cursory manner. A quick glance that would only have been enough to see that I had some sort of QR code on my phone and waved through. I was expecting a QR reader, as I'd seen in French cafés, but not the case. Mask wearing in the main concourse under the members stand was at about 30%, with plenty of people not wearing one while queueing for drink, food or toilets or just wandering around. Certainly not restricted to drinking and eating, as such. All a bit moot for future games though, I fear.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59729129
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

They certainly checked my Covid pass.

Not with a QR code reader but did inspect it to confirm it seemed genuine. I guess the software and with it data control measures would be complicated for 3rd party organisations to actively have rights to read the QR code and talk in real time to the national database would be an issue.

I for one am glad Tigers showed they are willing to do their bit to apply the new regulations rather than simply accepting a self declaration. However that must have a cost implication.
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

loretta wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:25 am I was checked, but only in a most cursory manner. A quick glance that would only have been enough to see that I had some sort of QR code on my phone and waved through. I was expecting a QR reader, as I'd seen in French cafés, but not the case. Mask wearing in the main concourse under the members stand was at about 30%, with plenty of people not wearing one while queueing for drink, food or toilets or just wandering around. Certainly not restricted to drinking and eating, as such. All a bit moot for future games though, I fear.
Genuine question.

What difference would a QR code reader make unless you think masses of people are using fake passes?

I haven’t got a Covid pass but they did check my lateral flow test.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

bazzwick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:42 pm
loretta wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:25 am I was checked, but only in a most cursory manner. A quick glance that would only have been enough to see that I had some sort of QR code on my phone and waved through. I was expecting a QR reader, as I'd seen in French cafés, but not the case. Mask wearing in the main concourse under the members stand was at about 30%, with plenty of people not wearing one while queueing for drink, food or toilets or just wandering around. Certainly not restricted to drinking and eating, as such. All a bit moot for future games though, I fear.
Genuine question.

What difference would a QR code reader make unless you think masses of people are using fake passes?

Well, the pass is in the form of a QR code, so I'd have thought there was information and verification of vaccination status that could be read by a QR reader. Other wise, what's the point of the squarey picture thing in the pass in the first place?

It's highly unlikely that there were masses of people using fake passes, but if you're having a verification pass and not taking people's word, that pass should be checked. Or maybe, if we're just trusting everyone, we won't be asked to show our membership/tickets next time?
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

loretta wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:01 pm
Genuine question.

Well, the pass is in the form of a QR code, so I'd have thought there was information and verification of vaccination status that could be read by a QR reader. Other wise, what's the point of the squarey picture thing in the pass in the first place?
That’s not what they do even in places like Italy.

They just verify that the pass is genuine.

They’re not somehow linked up to some major NHS database
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

bazzwick wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:15 pm
loretta wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Genuine question.

That’s not what they do even in places like Italy.

They just verify that the pass is genuine.

They’re not somehow linked up to some major NHS database
So, what is the point of the square? How else would you know it's genuine? why would you need an NHS database? I worked in the NHS for 25 years, and I know how unlikely that would be!

In France, by the way, QR readers are used at cafe's, restaurants etc.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:51 pm
LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:20 pm I wonder if anyone was turned away because they did't have appropriate clearance docs?

Apparently they only checked 20% of the crowd on a random sampling basis
Did they check 20% of the 15,000 tickets sold or the 8,000 approx who turned up? :smt017 :smt030
dpoc74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dpoc74 »

My son can’t make it so i was going to take my father in law. If I fill in a declaration for him and he takes and brings with him a negative lateral flow test will that be enough?
I don’t know if he has the nhs app so don’t know if he has the passport?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

dpoc74 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:04 pm My son can’t make it so i was going to take my father in law. If I fill in a declaration for him and he takes and brings with him a negative lateral flow test will that be enough?
I don’t know if he has the nhs app so don’t know if he has the passport?
Doesn't need the app,there's a number on the test you put in the NHS website and it will send you over an email stating your name and the test was negative. Just show that on your phone 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I’m bringing a friend - first ever rugby game! We’ve filled in a declaration form for her using my Tigers membership number (as instructed by the ticket office) and we will both do a test tomorrow and get that reply text that says negative (I hope) on our phones.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

CJ wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:55 pm I’m bringing a friend - first ever rugby game! We’ve filled in a declaration form for her using my Tigers membership number (as instructed by the ticket office) and we will both do a test tomorrow and get that reply text that says negative (I hope) on our phones.
Oh is it a text? My mistake,though it was an email. 🤞 on the tests and have a great day
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer