Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Covid passports to be required?

Post by GB72 »

loretta wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:11 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:04 am Just a quick heads up. The NHS website is down for booking boosters and they have ran out of LF tests. So if that's not fixed, how is it gonna work Sunday?
Lateral Flow Tests are available from most Pharmacies.
But, if you can't get one, and you've not been vaccinated, you can't go.
Yes, that appears to the be the case and I suspect that a trip to Welford Road will not be the only thing you cannot do. Very easy to see the ramp up in the booster program being a precursor to the wider use of covid passports in January.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Covid passports to be legally enforceable in Northern Ireland; Scotland and Wales may follow.

1st reported death from omicron variant which is growing at an "unprecedented" rate

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-n-i ... s-12494620
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

From what I read on here and other clubs' forums that had fixtures in France, entry to the grounds went very smoothly and no delays to talk about. I really don't know why people are getting so uptight - show the proof required and you can get in. I am not expecting delays if we get ourselves sorted. The club has been brilliant so far (except for the quality of the beer v Quins in the FW) and I expect them to have it sorted so we all know what we need to do well in advance of game day.
Hehehehehehehehe
Bobmac
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Bobmac »

Declaration forms will these be on the gate or an online fill in?
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Re Tigerbeat last Friday the club is due to announce their plan "sometime next (now read this) week". Obvious this week but when.

Hope that comes through clear and soon.
firstposition

Post by firstposition »

Without wishing to get into any sort of discussion about the ethics of covid passes, our experience of a long weekend in Bordeaux: the french Tousanticovid pass is very easy to use, everyone had it and showed it in all venues, restaurants, bars, museums etc. as a matter of course.(Can't remember anyone not wearing a mask inside or on transport either. Most people at the game were wearing masks). At the ground there were 2/3 stewards who checked the pass before we reached the gate and put a small stamp on our wrists. Getting into the ground after that was seamless.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Leicester City's declaration form valid for the whole season rather than match by match. Hope Tigers follow this lead, no need for added faff match by match on top of the checks that are separate in any case.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Not a rugby match but went to a gig in Brighton on Saturday that was making use of covid passes. Easy to obtain, show it on the door and that was that, very easy and took no more time than checking my ticket.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Not going to be any easier to enter France or get back. Wonder how many European games will go ahead this weekend?
Hehehehehehehehe
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:22 am Not going to be any easier to enter France or get back. Wonder how many European games will go ahead this weekend?
I expect there to be similar agreements in place as last season with testing done within all teams regularly prior to games. These have allowed professional sportsmen/teams to cross boundaries under agreed procedures.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

For clarity about what requirements or expectations are placed on under 18s by the Club or the law I rang the ticket office this morning. They confirmed there are no such requirements for under 18s.

I will however ask the 11 yo who comes with me to have a negative LFT within the 48 hour slot. He'll have a mask too.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:22 am Not going to be any easier to enter France or get back. Wonder how many European games will go ahead this weekend?
Got to say another lucky bit of fixture timing for Tigers.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

7 cancelled, or postponed (I suspect it'll be the same thing). I see in Wendyball there've been a lot of cancellations due to cases. Why not require covid passports for players and staff to enter the ground in all sports, like the rest of us? And before we get the elite sportsman excuse, I suspect there are a few of those in the crowd too.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

loretta wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:33 am
7 cancelled, or postponed (I suspect it'll be the same thing). I see in Wendyball there've been a lot of cancellations due to cases. Why not require covid passports for players and staff to enter the ground in all sports, like the rest of us? And before we get the elite sportsman excuse, I suspect there are a few of those in the crowd too.
Choice not excuse! That goes for everyone too 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer