Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Covid passports to be required?

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Bazzwick,
Any dictation may be through legislation. What scared, ignorant bosses do or don't is for them. All I am suggesting is that you do what is reasonable. If no jab then so be it but pleasw consider all the other non -invasive medical measures.

As for "my time of life" I'm sure like many in the wrinkles club I've made decisions in the past over what doctors have put in me. I was in a generation where either the Education Dept or parent drove the TB, Tetanus etc jabs.

I've reached my time of life because over the years I've kept fit, I've taken my Doctors advice, my meds including Chemotherapy ( try being a very fit 32 year old being told death or Chemo with a risk of infatality) I didn't fancy being the fitest corpse in Gilroes.
I have Lymphoma again but no Chemo until the burden of the pandemic risk is reduced.
Yes you have a life to live but so do us old un's.
Finally I acknowledge this is a rugby forum so here endeth my tale. Keep safe.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have no problem whatsoever with either taking a LF test before I come as I do before going to my band practice. I also have no problem with having to show a "Covid passport" to get into the ground or wearing a mask. I am triple jabbed which I expect has some influence on my thoughts. Anything to keep the ground open as safely as possible I am more than willing to do.
Hehehehehehehehe
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:55 am I have no problem whatsoever with either taking a LF test before I come as I do before going to my band practice. I also have no problem with having to show a "Covid passport" to get into the ground or wearing a mask. I am triple jabbed which I expect has some influence on my thoughts. Anything to keep the ground open as safely as possible I am more than willing to do.
Ditto although I suspect that we are far too sensible for some on here
A2O
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

In amongst all the worry, fear, and uncertainty of Covid, the main point is that we do what is necessary to protect and respect each other. I asked our hotel in Connacht what their rules are now and for the foreseeable future. We will need a Covid Pass for travel, Masks must be worn unless seated for meals and drinks. No more that six to a table. 50% capacity at indoor events. We will enjoy the trip despite the restrictions and LFTs will be done before and after the weekend.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

You have misunderstood or chosen to not accept the central tenet of what I said - I will do whatever the club asks me to do to keep me, the people around me safe so that they can open the ground and admit me to watch the game. Not demeaning the decision others make, it is their choice to make
Hehehehehehehehe
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

"All supporters have proof of vaccination or a lateral flow/PCR negative Covid test result before being admitted to the stadium."

Muddy thinking? Or I it just me?

Proof of vaccination = I'm not going to be too poorly if I get it.

-ve Lateral flow or PCR = I haven't got it (at the point of test) and am therefore unlikely to spread it.

I'll continue to watch from home. Dad is far to frail to attend anyway, I can get beer and comfort break without incurring too much wrath. The virtual net work of friends is working........

If only the people on the TV would provide the "mute the commentator / pundit" button all will be well.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Muddy thinking - it has been all along.

I've got all the puncture holes and a piece of A4 paper confirming my first 2 jabs. No photo so no link between the face and the vaccination. So why not get a QR on the mobile?
Well:-
Still driving under the paper licence = no state photo record;
No passport = no state photo record;
= No NHS phone app!

I feel irresponsible if I drag the issue via my GP and their colleagues.

Question: Do we know yet what the club(s) will be able to accept/acknowledge?

If a transferable ( no picture etc.) Flow Test is acceptable surely so is a Government issued record of vaccination?
Members can match addresses on club membership administration against the vaccination record, but what about those casual ticket holders?

Clubs matching attendees to evidence provided (including NHS ID????) seems a fraught exercise.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

How about a chip like pets. Quick wave with a wand and access to vaccination record :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chewbacca wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:11 pm How about a chip like pets. Quick wave with a wand and access to vaccination record :smt003
Ever heard of quantum dot tattoos?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Chewbacca
You scallywag! :smt018
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

A tattoo QR code on your forehead that fades over time until you need a vaccination booster :smt023
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

If I'm reading right the additional booster to the 2 x jabs is giving 75% cover for omnitron,
As the whole aim of Plan B is to suppress distribution of omnitron will we need evidence of that booster if not now then soon?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The Club have stated that they are reviewing what is required under Plan B and this will be communicated next week some time…until that time we can only wait for a definitive response for next Sundays game against Connaught.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... for-plan-b
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Tigerbeat,

Thanks for the update 😀 👍
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

From the clubs initial plans re ground entry do we know if the declaration format will be communicated to those members on email or other digital means, so that as much pre-admin can be done at home before attending the ground. Save time and congestion?

Thanks