Covid passports to be required?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Covid passports to be required?

Post by Old Hob »

I should also have added that I can either wear a mask or glasses, not both as the glasses steam up. :smt016 Life, eh? What a pickle.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

We are all carriers; it's how viruses survive and move be it C19 or Bird Flu. Those carriers come in all ages including the "too young to be affected and therefore to be immunised??"
Do we ban contact/entry with children to the ground? 👼 PLEASE NO!

Education and adaptation to reduce risk 'so far as is reasonably practicable '. Hygiene, PPE, immunisation. As for space that's the difficult one. If we want to keep grounds/gatherings accessible keep up the first three.

Keep safe and healthy folks
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:23 pm I should also have added that I can either wear a mask or glasses, not both as the glasses steam up. :smt016 Life, eh? What a pickle.
I don't know what sort of mask you wear, but I find I need to have one with a bendable wire embedded in the top seam. If this is bent to a tight fit around my nose and, crucially, the edge of the mask sits well up behind my glasses, the steaming up is much reduced. I apologise if I'm teaching my metaphorical grandmother to suck eggs, but it may help. It is astounding how many masks are poorly fitted, or poorly worn. Nose out (as much use as wearing a condom on your scrotum) or the infamous chin-warmer are amongst many variations.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

For PPE read RPE (Respitory protective equipment).
Different types for different hazards (particulate of different sizes including nano respitory, Bio hazards etc.).
PP3 is a typical commercial nose clip mouth/nose particulate mask. Needs a 'Fit Test'. I have a beard how good a fit/protection?
Just to add to the mix the quickest warm, wet transmission route for viruses to spread by coughing and sneezing are via the eyes hence visors etc.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:17 pm Negative Lateral Flow tests are also acceptable.
Its what you need for both Wembley and Twickenham now anyway
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'll be wearing a mask as the crowds arrive at the Connacht game, having been triple jabbed and failed to catch it when Mrs G and the whole of step-daughters family got it in the last 3 weeks. Really its the others that are the problem - I test at least twice a week plus when in contact with those who have it as I teach - don't believe the rubbish about CO2 monitors, HEPA filters etc, . I meet so many who won't wear masks, nor socially distance etc, but I fear it is far too late now, the damage has long been done.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:17 pm And this is my dilemma. Maskless people are more efficient transmitters and whilst I have had 3 jabs and therefore my symptoms may be milder it still may be enough to cause serious harm if, like me, you start from a weak place.
Still, I'll keep paying for my season ticket and shouting at the TV, then, one day, ... I shall go to the ball
You’re a trouper, Old Hob, and when you finally do get back to WR, let me know which bar you use and I’ll try my best to arrange for your first pint to be on me!

I’d love to see your message posted up on the big screens at WR on match day. I’m under no illusion that it would persuade everybody to put on a mask…but it might make at least some recalibrate their behaviour. It would be nice to think that even some who for whatever reasons feel that face covering has absolutely no impact might decide to put one on to allow loyal ST holders such as you to feel comfortable enough to return.

I’m incurably optimistic in my faith in the goodness of people.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:23 pm I should also have added that I can either wear a mask or glasses, not both as the glasses steam up. :smt016 Life, eh? What a pickle.
I have same problem, I also wear hearing aids, flicked one off on Sunday, good job friend sitting behind me noticed.
I am attending matches etc, I'm treble jabbed, flu jabbed, COPD sufferer, taking precautions where necessary, but I'm trying to continue to live as normal life as possible, we just cant give up every time something else turns up, but I would like to know that others around me have been jabbed, especially as the process is virtually painless.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

To add a couple of points
When supporters are drinking the wearing of face masks are not in place, would it be prudent for the club to close the bars 30 minutes before kick off as to alleviate the risk of spreading the virus, it would be a good counter measure in a risk assessment.
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Lets face it - those who are not vaccinated are going to have more restrictions eventually. i'm not advocating this or forgetting those who can't be vaccinated, but it is inevitable - certainly every winter.

As for Tigers, they have to abide by guidelines. They are very unlikely to go further than the govt guidelines in any area, especially ones which could affect revenue like closing bars early.

I have been told they are meeting today to formulate a response to yesterday's announcements which will be released shortly.
Less is more....
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Chappie
As a retired Environmental Health Tech and LA Safety Officer the level of contrlol was always the subjective battle between zealots and libertarians, employers and employees. Manage it or stop it (wear the kit or lock the door and throw away the key)?
Tolerability of risk is not a pure science. Health and safety is not there to stop it's there to mange risk. There's absolute duty of care (the duty holder must) or lower understanding of 'where practical' or the even more subjective 'so far as is reasonably practicable'. There lays the devil "what's your idea of reasonable?"
We have yet to be told the hazard level. You know " we haven't had enough deaths to warrant a speed limit".

As for Risk Assessment you have to consider the aim and objective of the exercise. Save injury or loss? Health of the population, or the NHS efficiency/ affectivness now and/or in the future or maybe just to maintain political control??

At MWWR we are customers but the LFC plc. are an employer who hold statutory duties of care to their customers and must risk assess accordingly (interfere with individual rights 😡. Be interesting to see those. Unlike some bio-hazards I do not believe C19 has been declared an occupational disease (COSHH) but it's certainly a foreseeable Public Health issue.

Thank God I'm retired 😉
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

chris111 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:09 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:17 pm And this is my dilemma. Maskless people are more efficient transmitters and whilst I have had 3 jabs and therefore my symptoms may be milder it still may be enough to cause serious harm if, like me, you start from a weak place.
Still, I'll keep paying for my season ticket and shouting at the TV, then, one day, ... I shall go to the ball
You’re a trouper, Old Hob, and when you finally do get back to WR, let me know which bar you use and I’ll try my best to arrange for your first pint to be on me!

I’d love to see your message posted up on the big screens at WR on match day. I’m under no illusion that it would persuade everybody to put on a mask…but it might make at least some recalibrate their behaviour. It would be nice to think that even some who for whatever reasons feel that face covering has absolutely no impact might decide to put one on to allow loyal ST holders such as you to feel comfortable enough to return.

I’m incurably optimistic in my faith in the goodness of people.
Thanks, Chris! I look forward to it.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 pm Chappie
As a retired Environmental Health Tech and LA Safety Officer the level of contrlol was always the subjective battle between zealots and libertarians, employers and employees. Manage it or stop it (wear the kit or lock the door and throw away the key)?
Tolerability of risk is not a pure science. Health and safety is not there to stop it's there to mange risk. There's absolute duty of care (the duty holder must) or lower understanding of 'where practical' or the even more subjective 'so far as is reasonably practicable'. There lays the devil "what's your idea of reasonable?"
We have yet to be told the hazard level. You know " we haven't had enough deaths to warrant a speed limit".

As for Risk Assessment you have to consider the aim and objective of the exercise. Save injury or loss? Health of the population, or the NHS efficiency/ affectivness now and/or in the future or maybe just to maintain political control??

At MWWR we are customers but the LFC plc. are an employer who hold statutory duties of care to their customers and must risk assess accordingly (interfere with individual rights 😡. Be interesting to see those. Unlike some bio-hazards I do not believe C19 has been declared an occupational disease (COSHH) but it's certainly a foreseeable Public Health issue.

Thank God I'm retired 😉
Nice reply, I agree with most of what you have said, like you I currently work for Health and Safety.
Just to point one thing out (COSHH ) means:
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), not sure Covid-19 is a Substance 🤔😉
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Chappie,
Agree C19 as a virus is not caused by work so not COSHH but it's distribution may be e.g. Legionnaires air con exhausting air harms public. It's a question of whose duty of care and those include us.

In this day and age and with the 'p' taken out of elf n safety the average citizen does not differentiate between Occupational Health and Environmental Health including Public Health like an outbreak of Cholera.

On another angle if Players sue (civil law) the RFU over concussions because of lack of regulation will the spectators sue clubs under tort of negligence for not making all those in their place of work wear appropriate PPE/RPE?

Just asking not suggesting or promoting. One for the lawyers.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

We have been here before with this topic and need to remember that this is Rugby / sporting forum. Covid and the politics is a very emotive subject with many having suffered or lost loved ones during the pandemic. Whilst it is part of todays life, it is not the appropriate place for sole discussions on COVID/ vaccines.
People are entitled to their opinions but putting pressure on others or blasting them is not acceptable.
Please feel to discuss the proposal for CoVid passes to be used for entry to WR.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk