Ambulances After The Game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ambulances After The Game

Post by chipnchase »

About 15 minutes after the final whistle there seemed to be a lot of blue lights next to Mandela Park, hope everyone involved is ok. The police closed the road to traffic as well.
LekkerTigers

Re: Ambulances After The Game

Post by LekkerTigers »

We were stuck in the Covenant Life Church parking on Freeman’s Common for nearly an hour. Couple of police cars eventually turned up, maybe an ambulance as well.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

We too saw the ambulances outside the ground after the game and the crews initially couldn't find the person needing treatment. However, I was walking to board the Harborough Supporters bus and there was someone being attended to by a number of ambulance crew near to one of the buses behind ours. Our bus then moved to block the road and allow an ambulance to draw up closer to where the person was.

I too hope the person being attended to was OK
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:13 am We too saw the ambulances outside the ground after the game and the crews initially couldn't find the person needing treatment. However, I was walking to board the Harborough Supporters bus and there was someone being attended to by a number of ambulance crew near to one of the buses behind ours. Our bus then moved to block the road and allow an ambulance to draw up closer to where the person was.

I too hope the person being attended to was OK
That road is so dangerous to cross, especially with the builders blocking off outside the new building, you cannot walk safely down to the lights at Granby halls end as its blocked off, you have to cross the road at your peril.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Given where the person being attended to was, near to one of the supporters buses on Tigers Way, I don't think they were involved in an incident/hit by a car on Welford Road. It's unlikely they would have made it as far up Tigers Way if they had.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Purely maybe a coincidence but as walking post match down the centre of Tigers Way the street lighting went out. Slips, trips, falls?
Hope everyone is OK.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

What are you actually suggesting Scott 1, that competetive matches should avoid excitement and close finishes to avoid inducing possible heart attacks?. Unfortunately it is impossible to ensure that everybody attending is fully fit all the clubs can do is make certain that there are sufficient well trained people around to give treatment a.s.a,p in the event of someone feeling unwell and at the top level I am sure that is the case.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

As there is noone that knows for certain what has happened, speculation is unnecessary and unhepful. I hope that whoever needed the services of the ambulances got the treatment and okay.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk