Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Round 10 - other games

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

18-9 to Exeter 15 to play
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:21 pm Good to see grubber kicks winning yards, something i've always favoured, instead of kick tennis.
Depends on where the opposition back three are stationed. If they are hugging the touchline it can be tough get it so that you aren't just giving them the ball. Sarries wingers seem to be coming up and trying to blitz as part of the defence and are getting caught. It's good use of Slade at 13 by the Chiefs, pulling up the defence and then grubber in behind. A Sarries tactic being used against them.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:25 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:21 pm Good to see grubber kicks winning yards, something i've always favoured, instead of kick tennis.
Depends on where the opposition back three are stationed. If they are hugging the touchline it can be tough get it so that you aren't just giving them the ball. Sarries wingers seem to be coming up and trying to blitz as part of the defence and are getting caught. It's good use of Slade at 13 by the Chiefs, pulling up the defence and then grubber in behind. A Sarries tactic being used against them.
I was commenting on the 2 grubbers that won 50/22, they caught wingers out of position, I still like them anyway as so often you win a knock on from them.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Absolutely mindless play by Exeter.. 2 players unmarked out wide but they try to smash it over with brute force and get held up.. times have changed and the goal line drop out rather than a 5m scrum means tactics need to change too
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Great result for us.. Sarries lose and hopefully Quins will lose tomorrow.. could be out clear!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:32 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:25 pm
I was commenting on the 2 grubbers that won 50/22, they caught wingers out of position, I still like them anyway as so often you win a knock on from them.
Yes as I said Chiefs used the tactic well. I agree in poor conditions having a bouncing and soaking wet ball to control whilst your opposite number is racing up looking to rearrange your ribs should force errors.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:43 pm Great result for us.. Sarries lose and hopefully Quins will lose tomorrow.. could be out clear!
My ideal result from two teams I have little time for would have been a low scoring draw. But I suppose this is second best!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cheers Exeter.....just swallowed a bit of bile 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Fans, and club, continue to wail, almost sounding defiant. :smt018
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Worcester wasps looks like it was a cracker!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Referee Luke Pearce is continually rising in my modest estimation. If only more refs would be more severe with backchat. One player I don’t appreciate at all is Ben Earl. I accept that he’s technically an excellent wing forward and fits in with the Saracens style, but jeez has he got a big mouth.
Semper in excretia
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Pearce keeps shouting "Use it" but does nothing if they go over the 5 seconds. I agree that seeing Saracens marched back 30m was amusing but he did give some peculiar decisions. Atrocious weather but neither side looked at their best.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Pearce should receive any plaudits going for the way he handled the Sarries backchat.Absolute crass from Billy V , should know much better.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

You have to feel some sympathy for Bath - just when it can't get any worse, it gets worse. They lose a lock in the warm-up and both half backs to injury before half time.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

For me , a couple more points from the weekend revolve around Bath and Bristol .....
Despite the constant denials the ice must be getting thinner for Stuart Hooper and his coaching team down at the Rec.Apparently last week there was talk of one month to sort things out and get perceptible improvement.Well, great start
Bristol's plight continues to surprise - consistently under performing.It really has been a massive slide downhill ever since Harlequins turned over that massive deficit to win in the last The Premiership Semi ....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....