Wasps are not welcome in Coventry

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Re: Wasps are not welcome in Coventry

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Bath have been trash for many years. Remember how in the european at the then Walkers stadium we had their scrum on the rack on their line and they dropped the scrum until the yellow card was produced then as soon as the replacement prop came on he dropped the scrum as they went backwards and collected a yellow therefore sending the scrums to uncontested to prevent a pushover try with a french ref who didnt have the balls to award a penalty try
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

This post was originally in response to an article indicating that the Coventry folk were not very warming to Wasps pitching up on their doorstep. This has now diversed into trashing other teams.
We would welcome all fans from any club to attend games against Tigers and do not want them to feel uncomfortable at the ground with some of the views stated on here.
Rugby is a very unique sport where fans can mix together and enjoy the banter so lets try and make them feel that they can enjoy their visits to Mattioli Wood Welford Road and promote the Club in a welcoming way.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Couldn't agree more.

There are some teams who don't ring my bell but I am more than happy to share a dink and some friendly banter with any rugby supporter, regardless of the club they support. :smt023
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
bendy

Post by bendy »

Noggs wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:32 pm Couldn't agree more.

There are some teams who don't ring my bell but I am more than happy to share a dink and some friendly banter with any rugby supporter, regardless of the club they support. :smt023
Hear hear!

Unless they're Welsh, of course....
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

bendy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:38 pm
Noggs wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:32 pm Couldn't agree more.

Hear hear!

Unless they're Welsh, of course....
....or from an old West Country Roman town, whose name temporarily escapes me :smt017
Semper in excretia
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

1996 Backy has just put ref on his gluteus maximus. Bath win cup - unhappy but you learn to lose. I took that but what stuck in my throat was the continual goading by arrogant Bath followers bragging they were going to 'own' the incoming Professional League.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm 1996 Backy has just put ref on his gluteus maximus. Bath win cup - unhappy but you learn to lose. I took that but what stuck in my throat was the continual goading by arrogant Bath followers bragging they were going to 'own' the incoming Professional League.
Well, that worked out well enough
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:14 pm This post was originally in response to an article indicating that the Coventry folk were not very warming to Wasps pitching up on their doorstep. This has now diversed into trashing other teams.
We would welcome all fans from any club to attend games against Tigers and do not want them to feel uncomfortable at the ground with some of the views stated on here.
Rugby is a very unique sport where fans can mix together and enjoy the banter so lets try and make them feel that they can enjoy their visits to Mattioli Wood Welford Road and promote the Club in a welcoming way.

:smt023
Agreed, half the fun is sharing a drink and some banter with the fans from the other club.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t really get the animosity against other clubs(apart from Sarries).
A2O
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

My disappointment was around some fans not their club. That unfortunately is society. Bath with a complex (S Barnes influenced?), Sarries still in denial etc.

I promote the the 'rugby family' but unfortunately every family have rogues.

That said the word hate is too strong for me.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:48 pm My disappointment was around some fans not their club. That unfortunately is society. Bath with a complex (S Barnes influenced?), Sarries still in denial etc.

I promote the the 'rugby family' but unfortunately every family have rogues.

That said the word hate is too strong for me.
I'll go along with that...too strong an emotion...but I did love the Julien Dupy try against Bath.

Opta stats read:-

Players beaten. 15 of theirs, 14 of ours, 10, 000 at least in the crowd, two cameramen and a commentator.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I think hate is too strong a word, IMHO dislike is more appropriate, I dislike Sarries for many reasons,
I dislike Wasps again for several reasons (pizza gate and relocation amongst them) although I have friends in London who are passionate about them.
I also dislike Sale, Steve Diamond irritates me and Sanderson is is a downgrade, so irritates me even more.

Having said all that, as others have already said, we need other clubs to play against and so have to tolerate the bad ones.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm 1996 Backy has just put ref on his gluteus maximus. Bath win cup - unhappy but you learn to lose. I took that but what stuck in my throat was the continual goading by arrogant Bath followers bragging they were going to 'own' the incoming Professional League.
Remind me never to upset you - that’s a pretty long-standing grudge!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Chris111
:smt005 I'm a pussy cat really 🙄.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There seems to a bit of open warfare on the Wasps unoffy forum, footy fans having a pop at them it seems.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.