Post by LtPigeon »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport ... m-22317742

Seems that there is resentment for Wasps in Coventry
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps are not welcome in Coventry

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

what a shock a team moved like a franchise that tries to steal the local clubs fanbase and forces the football club out of the city isn't very popular...

they should have stuck it out down south and got in with Brentford before Irish did
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

They are at the same level as Saracens for me, two despicable set of cheats running the clubs, fans and players must find it difficult, anyway can't talk got a pizza to eat..................................... :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

As mentioned in a previous post

Vagabond trash!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Recent posters on this board have rubbished various clubs with not very nice statements, Saracens, Wasps and Bath are the recent recipients of this abuse.
Personally I cannot understand why posters feel this way or post such nasty comments, without these and the other clubs in the premiership we would not have the wonderful competition we have, yes some clubs have not played by the rules and have paid the price for this but they have served their time, let’s not forget there were rumours that two other clubs had manipulated the salary cap apart from Saracens, Bath and Leicester being the other teams and received very strong warnings of their future conduct. People and glass houses etc.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

BigDan50 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:05 pm Recent posters on this board have rubbished various clubs with not very nice statements, Saracens, Wasps and Bath are the recent recipients of this abuse.
Personally I cannot understand why posters feel this way or post such nasty comments, without these and the other clubs in the premiership we would not have the wonderful competition we have, yes some clubs have not played by the rules and have paid the price for this but they have served their time, let’s not forget there were rumours that two other clubs had manipulated the salary cap apart from Saracens, Bath and Leicester being the other teams and received very strong warnings of their future conduct. People and glass houses etc.
Well said Dan
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

BigDan50 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:05 pm Recent posters on this board have rubbished various clubs with not very nice statements, Saracens, Wasps and Bath are the recent recipients of this abuse.
So because we need other clubs to form a league we should accept or at least forgive any cheating (Sarries) or unethical franchise style relocation (Wasps) or indeed anything else that is unlikeable?

Not sure it’s that easy to gloss over these things where there is no remorse shown by the parties in question.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

How do you know it was Bath and Leicester when it was never publicised.
A2O
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The laws of the game had to be amended to stop Wasps and their going scrums uncontested malarkey back in the day, as bad as the Bloodgate as far as cheating was concerned and yes I do bare a grudge............................................ :smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

That’s very sad you feel like that.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

As I've said before In the world of post match Remy powered absolute snobbery......
Big Dai, Big Dai's Dad and Posh Richard propose the following :-

Proper clubs.
Leicester, Saints, Quins, Exeter,

Nearly proper clubs (Carpet Baggers)
Gloucester, Worcester. Newcastle

Vagabond trash.
Wasps, Sarries, London Irish, Bristol, Sale

Trash.
Bath,

Apologies for any offence caused. Its not a hatred. More of a pecking order.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

........And by the way, wandering round having to be nice to people is why I hate Christmas! Bah Humbug!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:18 pm ........And by the way, wandering round having to be nice to people is why I hate Christmas! Bah Humbug!
I'd much rather someone say what they think to my face then stab me in the back
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why do you call Bath trash, very sad.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

BigDan50 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:19 pm Why do you call Bath trash, very sad.
Not sad at all old chap......just the auld enemy.......plus a deep disregard for Mr S. Barnes.