Where will we finish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Where will we finish

Post by ay2oh »

We currently have 37 points from 8 games and if we were to get the same again from the remaining 16 games that would give us 74 points which I would think would get us into top 4. Think 74 points is definitely achievable.
A2O
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Where will we finish

Post by Nofrontteeth »

111 points total ??
What's the highest league total?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but after the start we've had, we must be going for a home semi!

Borthwick seem to be able to set the team up for different opposition, so hopefully that makes us less easy to work out.

As long as things like Fords departure don't have any destabilising effects.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’d be happy with a home semi!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Nofronteeth according to ESPN highest total since 2008 was Sarries with 87pts of which 19 were wins, 3 losses, 10 were Try BP
and 1 Losing BP

Total points available 22 games = 110 pts
24 games = 120 pts
Not sure how many games in season as there are bye weeks for each team
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:05 pm Nofronteeth according to ESPN highest total since 2008 was Sarries with 87pts of which 19 were wins, 3 losses, 10 were Try BP
and 1 Losing BP

Total points available 22 games = 110 pts
24 games = 120 pts
Not sure how many games in season as there are bye weeks for each team
Bye weeks are irrelevant. In the normal season, we play each of the other 12 (currently) teams home and away, so 24 games. Simples :smt002 and then hopefully a play off semi- and final, so max 26.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Since the 2014/15 season....

The average points per game needed to finish 1st has been 3.70
To finish second (ie home semi-final) 3.51
To finish fourth 2.96

We are currently ticking along VERY nicely at 4.63 points per game. If we average 3 points per match for the rest of the season, that would give us a season average of 3.54 points per game, which should be enough for a home semi-final.

But obviously I'm fully expecting us to average 5 points per game from here on in, so it's all academic anyway!
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Thanks guys. It's one hell of a target. I'm up for a home semi - that's put the punters curse on it 😑
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I wonder what the bookies odds are on us not making the top 4? Fairly long I'd say
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Don’t want to tempt fate but it would take a disaster to not qualify for at least top 4 now. 14 games left and 7 wins would most likely do it,and that’s probably even without BPs. But we must keep our foot on the throat
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I don’t think Steve Borthwick is an Head coach to let the team take its foot off the throat. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:53 pm Don’t want to tempt fate but it would take a disaster to not qualify for at least top 4 now. 14 games left and 7 wins would most likely do it,and that’s probably even without BPs. But we must keep our foot on the throat
Actually 16 regular season games left
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:53 pm Don’t want to tempt fate but it would take a disaster to not qualify for at least top 4 now. 14 games left and 7 wins would most likely do it,and that’s probably even without BPs. But we must keep our foot on the throat
Actually 16 regular season games left
Thanks ,even better!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Take nothing for granted: Quins v Irish proved that: Gloucester has it form too and Saints just played the wrong game against us. Wasps will come very strong one they get some players back. Then there’s Chiefs and Sarries: getting the wins again and Sarries only loss was to us!
When did Tigers achieve most titles when it was with an attitude;” One game at a time.”
We, as a team are still inexperienced in terms of handling the pressure of being at the top and now no one will underestimate us!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Agree with Ian here. One game at a time. Saracens at home will try everything, no doubt; legal or questionable.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina