Austin Healey

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Austin Healy

Post by chris111 »

He’s always been a marmite character…personally I find him one of the most interesting and insightful pundits on TV. If he dialled down the blokey banter a bit I’d enjoy him even more!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

No pundit gets paid for saying nothing....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

His comments are often incisive and I enjoy the banter between him and Ben. Much better than the one eyed Lol.

My only complaint is when the editor cuts back to a long shot to enable Austin to demonstrate what he sees or we get a repeat of previous action on the field only to miss some live action such as the put in to a scrum. Editorial timing is everything. :smt009
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

If it wasnt for Healey, we would not have won 2 European Finals, lest some of you forget. A pain in the butt sometimes, but a very insightful journalist.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

We were discussing his role as a pundit not his ability as a player. I agree with one of the previous posters in that if he concentrated on his analytical skills and stopped being a clown he would be ok. Also tends to shoot his mouth of about yellow/ red cards and the changes his mind after he sees the replay.
A2O
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Austin Healey

Post by Big Dai »

He doesn't irritate me when he acts as a pundit or analyst, its the thinly disguised attempt to be the second TMO that irtitates me.

.......plus his attempts at humour.

As for his playing days I remember his brilliance but also his petulance. Often pointed out by another pundit cum citing committee, Mr S. Barnes.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

The TMO shouldn't be listening to commentary, Austin is doing his job by calling out missed incidents of foul play
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:09 pm The TMO shouldn't be listening to commentary, Austin is doing his job by calling out missed incidents of foul play
No problem with the TMO listening to the commentary…..his sound is muted when the review is taking place so no outside influence during the decision making process.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:12 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:09 pm The TMO shouldn't be listening to commentary, Austin is doing his job by calling out missed incidents of foul play
No problem with the TMO listening to the commentary…..his sound is muted when the review is taking place so no outside influence during the decision making process.
But there is over what gets reviewed in the first place
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

From what I have seen when there is a French director in charge any infringement by an English/ Welsh etc team will be lovingly displayed in slow motion for eternity while any by the home team is unfortunately missed by the cameraman
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm From what I have seen when there is a French director in charge any infringement by an English/ Welsh etc team will be lovingly displayed in slow motion for eternity while any by the home team is unfortunately missed by the cameraman
Just gonna say that! They are hilariously biased 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm From what I have seen when there is a French director in charge any infringement by an English/ Welsh etc team will be lovingly displayed in slow motion for eternity while any by the home team is unfortunately missed by the cameraman
Ah! C’est la vie!!
Semper in excretia