Re: Premiership Round 9 - 2021/22

Post by RichieB »

GBH on Tompkins. Red card all day long.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

He picked him up and threw him on his back, then got up and threw him into the advertising. Nowhere near the ball. I think Tompkins picked him up by the legs first to trigger it but got away with it. McGuigan lost it completely.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

So we are 6 points clear at the top. Good that Sarries missed out on the TBP at least
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:23 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm Ben Earl definitely one of THE most annoying players in the premiership currently.
Can't stand McGuigan myself! What was his red card for?
Sale held up over the line, Tompkins pushes McGuigan's leg out the way so he can get up then pats him on the head and gives some smirking comments. Sale have penalty advantage 5m out. McGuigan completely loses it and judo throws Tompkins to the ground, Tompkins lands heavily face hitting the floor. Tompkins isn't fighting back and tries to get to his feet and away from McGuigan who then throws into the advertising hoarding and ends up on top of Tompkins with his hand around Tompkins's throat. Tompkins wasn't fighting back which made it look a lot worse.

Maitland was earlier penalised for celebrating unsportingly in the face of the Sale hooker.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks.Sounds like a stone cold red then! No need for that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:59 pm Thanks.Sounds like a stone cold red then! No need for that
He also appeared to strike Tompkins in the back of the head as he stood up to "judo" throw him.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

LekkerTigers wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:03 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:59 pm Thanks.Sounds like a stone cold red then! No need for that
He also appeared to strike Tompkins in the back of the head as he stood up to "judo" throw him.
Long ban incoming then hopefully
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The second part of the incident (into the hoarding) was because he was pushed in the back. I'm almost sure Saracens are doing these wind-ups on purpose.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm The second part of the incident (into the hoarding) was because he was pushed in the back. I'm almost sure Saracens are doing these wind-ups on purpose.
This.

It was a red. But the behaviour of Saracens to incite it was not at all a credit to the game.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I believe that result gives us a Christmas number one! :smt001
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

speedski wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:09 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:35 pm The second part of the incident (into the hoarding) was because he was pushed in the back. I'm almost sure Saracens are doing these wind-ups on purpose.
This.

It was a red. But the behaviour of Saracens to incite it was not at all a credit to the game.
Agreed.....I miss the "self policing" element. I know, I know! Barbarian! Thug! You all cry.

......But I thought Maitland in particular was lucky today. One tackle round the neck plus a neck roll later on.....bloke deserved a slap!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:56 pm
speedski wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:09 pm
This.

Agreed.....I miss the "self policing" element. I know, I know! Barbarian! Thug! You all cry.

......But I thought Maitland in particular was lucky today. One tackle round the neck plus a neck roll later on.....bloke deserved a slap!
Completely agree. What Maguigan did wasn’t acceptable and I’m not advocating it…. However…. I did enjoy watching him lay into Sarries… shame it wasn’t Earls or Maitland but a good watch nonetheless. After the cheating debacle they are by some margin my least favorite team but they just seem to be sinking lower and lower with their over exuberance, unnecessary riling players up and just complete lack of sportsmanship.

Maitland’s tackle round the neck and shove to the floor was totally unacceptable and acts like this have no place in the game. Perhaps a citing procedure and one week ban should be introduced for all such behavior..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

It's a shocker this one,shot in the back of the head and 2 judo throws. I detest Sarries but an example needs to be set with this one!
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/sanderso ... -inspired/
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Yes, shocker.....horror......but why not get at the source of the issue too. The over exuberant winding up?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:19 am Yes, shocker.....horror......but why not get at the source of the issue too. The over exuberant winding up?
Penalty then team yellow perhaps?