Premiership Round 9 - 2021/22

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Premiership Round 9 - 2021/22

Post by Nofrontteeth »

It's our job to shout at the Ref not the players. Showing disrespect to officials should be red. 😉
We don't want the Wendy ball confrontations.😠
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 pm
chris111 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:19 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:42 pm Being a fan of MMA I was proud of his technique 😂
Speaking from 25 years experience of shotokan karate, 10 years jujitsu and a few years dabbling in aikido, I can tell you his technique was rubbish - pure grab and heave!
BJJ? I expect you're a big fan of the Gracies then. Aikido is absolutely useless,Steven Seagal will tell you that when he was choked out by Gene Lebell and soiled himself haha. Lyoto Machida trained Shotokan didn't he? Loved his style,I always found it quite simple sparring against Karatekas ,hard to hit but very easy to destroy their lead leg.
I think the point I was trying to make was that McGuigan completely lost his composure - which is beyond the pale in MA as well as in rugby, and I hope he learns the lesson.

The rest probably belongs in a different forum (although I’ve never indulged in the “my MA’s better than your MA” argument, so won’t be joining you) 😏
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chris111 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 pm
chris111 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:19 pm

Speaking from 25 years experience of shotokan karate, 10 years jujitsu and a few years dabbling in aikido, I can tell you his technique was rubbish - pure grab and heave!
BJJ? I expect you're a big fan of the Gracies then. Aikido is absolutely useless,Steven Seagal will tell you that when he was choked out by Gene Lebell and soiled himself haha. Lyoto Machida trained Shotokan didn't he? Loved his style,I always found it quite simple sparring against Karatekas ,hard to hit but very easy to destroy their lead leg.
I think the point I was trying to make was that McGuigan completely lost his composure - which is beyond the pale in MA as well as in rugby, and I hope he learns the lesson.

The rest probably belongs in a different forum (although I’ve never indulged in the “my MA’s better than your MA” argument, so won’t be joining you) 😏
There is a difference between MA and Combat Sports but I agree,this is for another time
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The value of Malins and Earl to Bristol last season is there for all to see, given how bad they are this season.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:06 pm The value of Malins and Earl to Bristol last season is there for all to see, given how bad they are this season.
Radrada being injured hasn't helped either but I think we saw towards the end of last season Lam's attack at Bristol had started to get predictable. Now minus some of the their bigger names they are having a really tough time.

I'm not sure spending to acquire McGinty for next season is going to help either. Looks like they need a couple of props to me.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Pat your team mate on the back for wining a turn over penalty by all means but the excedssive head patting of opponents is grating. Reversal would be good.

As for all that American whooping and cheering - move the penalty 10m further away in the way it can be mored 10m forward for backchat?