Tigers vs Quins - 05th December 2021 - 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Tigers vs Quins - 05th December 2021 - 3-00pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Ok so it’s pretty early to start this thread, apologies about that but with Tigers not playing next week and the AI drawing to a close I thought I’d have a think ahead..

This will be an absolute cracker! Internationals back and 2 form sides meeting at MWWR.. shouldn’t disappoint and will definitely be our biggest test to date.

Hard to tell whether Hanro & Marco will be back from injury but I hope so, so team wise (although who knows these days!) I’m hoping for:

1. Genge
2. Montoya
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Snyman
6. Liebenberg
7. Van Staden
8. Wiese
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nadolo
12. Scott
13. Moroni
14. Potter
15. Steward

Reserves:

16. Dolly 17. Van Wyk 18. Heyes 19. Green 20. Reffell 21. JvP 22. Burns 23. Kelly

If Liebenberg isn’t fit I’d start Martin at 6 and if Van Staden isn’t fit then Reffell starts and Brink on the bench.

Might see Wigglesworth on the bench to close things out but I really hope we go for JvP.

Tough on the likes of Chessum and Porter.. tough call.. but that 23 would get my vote..
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Quins - 05th December 2021 - 3-00pm

Post by RagingBull »

Would go with
1. Genge, 2. Montoya, 3. Cole
4. Wells, 5. Green
6. Liebenberg, 7. Van Staden, 8. Wiese
9. Youngs, 10. Ford
12. Kelly, 13. Scott
11. Potter, 14. Nadolo, 15. Steward

16. Dolly, 17. Leatigaga, 18. Heyes
19. Chessum, 20. Martin
21. JVP, 22. Burns/Hegarty, 23. Moroni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:48 pm Ok so it’s pretty early to start this thread, apologies about that but with Tigers not playing next week and the AI drawing to a close I thought I’d have a think ahead..

This will be an absolute cracker! Internationals back and 2 form sides meeting at MWWR.. shouldn’t disappoint and will definitely be our biggest test to date.

Hard to tell whether Hanro & Marco will be back from injury but I hope so, so team wise (although who knows these days!) I’m hoping for:

1. Genge
2. Montoya
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Snyman
6. Liebenberg
7. Van Staden
8. Wiese
9. Youngs
10. Ford
11. Nadolo
12. Scott
13. Moroni
14. Potter
15. Steward

Reserves:

16. Dolly 17. Van Wyk 18. Heyes 19. Green 20. Reffell 21. JvP 22. Burns 23. Murimurivalu

If Liebenberg isn’t fit I’d start Martin at 6 and if Van Staden isn’t fit then Reffell starts and Brink on the bench.

Might see Wigglesworth on the bench to close things out but I really hope we go for JvP.

Tough on the likes of Chessum, Kelly and Porter.. tough call.. but that 23 would get my vote..
Goodness, this is difficult, you mention Martin but dont even have him your 23.
Chessum was brilliant against Saints and again at Wasps, I prefer Leatagaga over Van Wyk, Kelly is almost a certainty, No Brink for me, lots to speculate there, Wow.
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

Isn't it a great feeling to write down the side, realise who you have left out and have to start again! Against Quins, we need to have a strong bench. I'd be tempted to start with Reffell with Van Staden coming on. Chessum would also create an impact. Maybe Wells and Martin to start at lock but that leaves out Green. It's easier to say in Borthwick we trust! What a fantastic problem to have.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Quins seem to reel sides back in in the later stages of a game after going down some point. I think we need the more mobile and quicker players as replacements and the more physical players to control and grind out the initial dominance as starters. Sale controlled Quins quite well whilst Bristol found the playing them at the game they play does not work, as they were better at it. So I would have Martin and Chessum as replacements alongside Reffel to up the energy at 55 mins.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Offside wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:13 am Quins seem to reel sides back in in the later stages of a game after going down some point. I think we need the more mobile and quicker players as replacements and the more physical players to control and grind out the initial dominance as starters. Sale controlled Quins quite well whilst Bristol found the playing them at the game they play does not work, as they were better at it. So I would have Martin and Chessum as replacements alongside Reffel to up the energy at 55 mins.
Martin, Chessum and Reffell on the bench means a 6/2 split which I can't see us doing. Unless you meant starting Reffell which would mean Van Staden doesn't feature.. either way I agree with the style of players we might need later on to nullify the threat from the Quins late show and Martin and Chessum would fit the bill. It is indeed a tough call with so many good options
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I'd go Kelly and Moroni starting with Scott on bench personally
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Lots of if ands and buts to consider, first off is will Ellis Genge be fit after covid.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:58 pm Lots of if ands and buts to consider, first off is will Ellis Genge be fit after covid.
he'll be out of isolation this week and didn't Eddie say he was symptomless? A full week of training before the game too
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I think it is important to keep the squad together and not split into 1st xv and 2nds. We need to show that good performances will be rewarded so I would expect a couple of the prc team to feature against quins. JVP is an obvious candidate with Lenny playing a lot of rugby for England, equally Steward has played a lot so maybe give kini a start at 15 and I would consider playing Chessum in the row alongside Wells given his form. Saumaki is the other one who would be good to see given a go.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

tigerburnie wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:58 pm Lots of if ands and buts to consider, first off is will Ellis Genge be fit after covid.
He's in the photo Tigers put on Twitter sending Sir Kev off! :smt023
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Irrespective of either line up I would surmise that Weldord Road will be jam-packed and full of anticipation.A game that will require concentration and application from the first whistle to the last.Hopefully we come out on the right end of the scoreline.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

dunc wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:17 am I think it is important to keep the squad together and not split into 1st xv and 2nds. We need to show that good performances will be rewarded so I would expect a couple of the prc team to feature against quins. JVP is an obvious candidate with Lenny playing a lot of rugby for England, equally Steward has played a lot so maybe give kini a start at 15 and I would consider playing Chessum in the row alongside Wells given his form. Saumaki is the other one who would be good to see given a go.
Ben Youngs and Freddie Steward will have had a week off this week so starting them against Quins would make sense.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Yes that’s true
Goodevibrations
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Goodevibrations »

Amazed to see that Reffell doesn't even make the bench for some people. Our most underrated player without any shadow of a doubt.