Next Number 10 ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Next Number 10 ?

Post by Scott1 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:40 pm Tigers in talks with Pollard apparently. Different game plan maybe
Yeah just caught that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:40 pm Tigers in talks with Pollard apparently. Different game plan maybe
Is that what Flatman was saying in commentary?
Cape Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Cape Tiger »

Mentioned in SA commentary as well
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 pm
Mullins it was
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:46 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:43 pm
Mullins it was
👍
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don’t get why people think our game plan will be that different?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 pm I don’t get why people think our game plan will be that different?
Exactly! Our pack play like the Boks for goodness sake!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Why do England give away so many unnecessary penalties? It is keeping SA in the game. The defence is pretty good, you can't defend a penalty kick
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Stay with what we’ve got. A great combo of youth and experience. Spend the cap on the pack. If we have to sign Lozowski gets my vote
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 pm I don’t get why people think our game plan will be that different?
Agreed. Pollard is able to play far more ball in hand than he does for the Boks.

My only concern for him would be his prior injuries, he's had a couple of nasty ones.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Agreed. And based on today’s performance it’s a reminder of what a quality player he is. Think he would fit in really well.. I mean.. we have 3-5 SA players in the pack (at least 3 potential starters) brute force and a dogged determination and a very physical approach.. I really can’t see this big change in game plan personally.. Lozowski still a more likely option but Pollard would be a real coup
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well if Kobus Van Wyk is off at the end of this season then it's one SA out and possibly Pollard as the new one in.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I think a key factor is whether we need to invest in a quality lock. The form of Chessum and others suggest this may not be as critical as first thought. That said I'd love to sign Etzebeth!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Downsouth wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:59 pm I think a key factor is whether we need to invest in a quality lock. The form of Chessum and others suggest this may not be as critical as first thought. That said I'd love to sign Etzebeth!
Wells & Snyman first choice for me and both have been really solid. Green, Henderson, Chessum and Martin all provide really good cover and if required Hanro can step in. Personally I’d sooner see a top class FH come in than a lock. Burns, Hegarty, Lancaster all look very solid and Hegarty could really settle in well at Tigers (he looked very good before he went off against Sale) so we are well stocked by Pollard would be a direct replacement for Ford and personally would keep us at the top of the pecking order
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
gilamonster
Tiger Cub

Post by gilamonster »

What about Malins? No idea if contract status, but he certainly originally emerged as a FH. EQP friendly, covers WG and FB (pertinent if we are losing Kobus?) and a hell of a player. Would expect to lose him to England, but I think we’re fairly well stacked with Burns, Heggarty and Lancaster. His skillset could fully settle in a few positions, and it feels like we have the squad cover right now to explore it.