Bordeaux away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Bordeaux away

Post by trendylfj »

Bordeaux are selling the tickets for this game now - €40 near the centerline - and I have just bought and printed them. To understand my problem is that I speak very little French and on the ticket, it says PASS SANITAIRE, which I assume means proof of vaccination but I am not sure. Do they accept UK Q codes or do we need to get a paper copy? Any info regarding entrance requirements would be appreciated.
Hehehehehehehehe
firstposition

Re: Bordeaux away

Post by firstposition »

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Brilliant - ty
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:11 pm Brilliant - ty
Hi,

Yes it does mean Covid Pass etc, best to have some paper print offs if you are going into bars etc, Although I know you don't drink. :smt005 Actually you could have translated the webpage to English, but hey ho you got there.

See you there.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Oh Bother!

Got to have PCR test on return, Lateral flow kit no good now.

What does this mean, how do we get PCR test and isolate for 2 days? what does it cost?

Should we cancel, would hotels, trains accept cancellations as PCR is still an option?

Please can anyone more knowledgeable advise?

Many thanks
LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Quins - 05th December 2021 - 3-00pm

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:21 am After today's news re travel bans, I hope all of our SA's are back in the UK.
trendylfj Its going to effect us all going to Bordeaux, we've got to have PCR tests and 2 days isolation, as per PM today.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:15 pm Oh Bother!

Got to have PCR test on return, Lateral flow kit no good now.

What does this mean, how do we get PCR test and isolate for 2 days? what does it cost?

Should we cancel, would hotels, trains accept cancellations as PCR is still an option?

Please can anyone more knowledgeable advise?

Many thanks
Bumped.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

We got our pcr’s from randox before they dropped to lft’s.

Cost is around double a lft - you order online and it comes dpd from Ireland. The passenger locator form requires the reference from the Randox order so you have to order them before you go ideally. You then drop them to a drop box near you and they get tested within a few days.

I would personally wait until the last possible
Moment to decide what to do here - this new variant hasn’t been fully realised yet - so hang fire and see what happens.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

We don’t yet know exactly how the new regime will work for the UK, or whether and when France will act beyond existing controls.

Under the previous regime a Day 2 PCR could be taken at the airport on arrival back in the UK. Results were then available after a few hours. Or use the suppliers such as Randox or Collinson to send a home test kit, to your location (home), take it within two days of arrival & return it for probable next day response. You only isolate until you have a negative test.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Slightly off topic but Spain is only open to the vaccinated from next month,negative tests won't do.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:19 pm We don’t yet know exactly how the new regime will work for the UK, or whether and when France will act beyond existing controls.

Under the previous regime a Day 2 PCR could be taken at the airport on arrival back in the UK. Results were then available after a few hours. Or use the suppliers such as Randox or Collinson to send a home test kit, to your location (home), take it within two days of arrival & return it for probable next day response. You only isolate until you have a negative test.
Thanks for this.

Think we need to wait to see Governments timeline on the PCR testing and isolation, do they mean one must have test immediately on arrival, ie airport or St Pancras, is it then ok to catch train whilst waiting for result?

I'm confused.com
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Under the old regime you could travel straight home by any appropriate means, whether you took your test at the port of entry or within two days of arriving home. (Day of arrival was Day 0, test had to be taken no later than Day 2.)
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Grimlish wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:20 pm Under the old regime you could travel straight home by any appropriate means, whether you took your test at the port of entry or within two days of arriving home. (Day of arrival was Day 0, test had to be taken no later than Day 2.)
Yes agreed, after more reading on web, it confirms this.

So its basically the same as LFT, just more expensive and sending off the test, then isolate until you receive a negative result.

Let the buyer be aware, I found this on web, Circular1Heath have kits for £37 pounds, less 10% if you Quote BLACKFRIDAY at checkout.

I have no experience shopping with them so its at your own risk,
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Travel agent in oakham does pcr fo £38.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:14 pm Travel agent in oakham does pcr fo £38.
Name of agent please, are they licenced/certified by Gov.uk?