Bordeaux away

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Bordeaux away

Post by Rutlandtiger »

Opposite boots in Oakham. Not sure of name. Sorted us out back in summer for 2 day tests.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

LE18 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:28 pm
trendylfj wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:11 pm Brilliant - ty
Hi,

Yes it does mean Covid Pass etc, best to have some paper print offs if you are going into bars etc, Although I know you don't drink. :smt005 Actually you could have translated the webpage to English, but hey ho you got there.

See you there.
I was in northern France about 3 weeks ago and everyone was very accustomed to presenting their pass sanitaire QR code on their phones. Staff didn't have to ask, it was just accepted. I used my NHS covid pass on my phone without difficulty in bars and cafes, but for a day my wife had to use her paper print off. Nobody recognised it, hadn't got a clue. Fortunately, they didn't make an issue of it but they might have and would be more likely to now, I suspect. It does take a couple of days to be able to download the covid pass after application though, so don't leave it to the last minute!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Quins - 05th December 2021 - 3-00pm

Post by trendylfj »

LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:28 pm
trendylfj wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:21 am After today's news re travel bans, I hope all of our SA's are back in the UK.
trendylfj Its going to effect us all going to Bordeaux, we've got to have PCR tests and 2 days isolation, as per PM today.
Yes it is not good news as we had already bought our LFT and now have to fork out for a PCR - found a company in Bitteswell who have them for £40 if you collect them - https://nwp-online.co.uk/store/p/covid- ... travellers. Haven't used them before but will be contacting them on Monday. We are leaving via Ryanair on the Friday from Stansted - how ae you going???
Hehehehehehehehe
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:18 am
trendylfj wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:21 am After today's news re travel bans, I hope all of our SA's are back in the UK.
trendylfj Its going to effect us all going to Bordeaux, we've got to have PCR tests and 2 days isolation, as per PM today.
Yes it is not good news as we had already bought our LFT and now have to fork out for a PCR - found a company in Bitteswell who have them for £40 if you collect them - https://nwp-online.co.uk/store/p/covid- ... travellers. Haven't used them before but will be contacting them on Monday. We are leaving via Ryanair on the Friday from Stansted - how ae you going???
Trendy - the company in Bitteswell are excellent, you can actually order a test on the internet, collect it from them, do the test in the car and drop it back to them immediately afterwards. If you do that in the morning the result is emailed to you later that afternoon. Fantastic service.
Only problem when I used them 3 weeks ago, I tested positive and had to cancel my holiday in the Caribbean!! Only had a slight sniffle, would never have got tested if it wasn't a requirement for the holiday. I just didn't believe the result, so paid for another one, also positive and then the NHS one was the same, so isolation ensued!!
But can't fault the service from the laboratory.
Soggypitch
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Soggypitch wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:10 pm
LE18 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:28 pm trendylfj Its going to effect us all going to Bordeaux, we've got to have PCR tests and 2 days isolation, as per PM today.
Trendy - the company in Bitteswell are excellent, you can actually order a test on the internet, collect it from them, do the test in the car and drop it back to them immediately afterwards. If you do that in the morning the result is emailed to you later that afternoon. Fantastic service.
Only problem when I used them 3 weeks ago, I tested positive and had to cancel my holiday in the Caribbean!! Only had a slight sniffle, would never have got tested if it wasn't a requirement for the holiday. I just didn't believe the result, so paid for another one, also positive and then the NHS one was the same, so isolation ensued!!
But can't fault the service from the laboratory.
thanks Soggy - will use them
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Eurostar.
Bit expensive but never been on it before, Thursday until Monday.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LE18 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Eurostar.
Bit expensive but never been on it before, Thursday until Monday.
My Daughter in Law knows them, they are very reliable.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Yesterday's result:

Racing 14 Bordeaux 37!!!!!

And next weekend, Bordeaux are at home to leaders Toulouse, so when Tigers go to Bordeaux both clubs could be top of their respective leagues.
A cracking match awaits us on the 11th!
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have just spoken to the Bitteswell company - (https://nwp-online.co.uk/store/p/covid- ... travellers) and she said immediately you book the PCR test you will get the required code or the passport locator form in order to get back into the UK. I explained that the requirements could change before we go on the 10th Dec and could I order it the day before - Thursday 9th - collect it on my return - Monday 13th - do the test in my car and hand it back immediately. She said that would not be a problem at all. If they get it back before 12 you will get the result that day which could mean no further isolation. Can still see the game either going ahead without visiting fans or even being cancelled, but I live in hope.
Hehehehehehehehe
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 am I have just spoken to the Bitteswell company - (https://nwp-online.co.uk/store/p/covid- ... travellers) and she said immediately you book the PCR test you will get the required code or the passport locator form in order to get back into the UK. I explained that the requirements could change before we go on the 10th Dec and could I order it the day before - Thursday 9th - collect it on my return - Monday 13th - do the test in my car and hand it back immediately. She said that would not be a problem at all. If they get it back before 12 you will get the result that day which could mean no further isolation. Can still see the game either going ahead without visiting fans or even being cancelled, but I live in hope.
I also spoke with them today and got same answer, Kits are basically "off the shelf" just waiting for you to turn up, as long as you have pre booked and used your ref on locator form.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:23 am Yesterday's result:

And next weekend, Bordeaux are at home to leaders Toulouse, so when Tigers go to Bordeaux both clubs could be top of their respective leagues.
Robespierre what's Covid news in France please, nothing seems to be announced from France.?
Thanks.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:54 pm

Robespierre what's Covid news in France please, nothing seems to be announced from France.?
Thanks.
. Just seen this. Let me know if you have any questions (not that I’ll be able to answer them!)
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/comin ... in-france/
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks.
. Just seen this. Let me know if you have any questions (not that I’ll be able to answer them!)
Probably have 2 spare tickets as friends are not travelling, pm if you have any outlet for them.

Many thanks Robes......
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:29 pm
Robespierre wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks.
Probably have 2 spare tickets as friends are not travelling, pm if you have any outlet for them.

Many thanks Robes......
Ok, I’ll let it be known that you’ve got two. I’ve already got mine.
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... mmediately

Got this as I am following France on the Gov website and they email me with any changes the same day of the changes - this doesn't apply to us but will to other teams in the group
Hehehehehehehehe