Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Bordeaux away

Post by Scott1 »

Moroni and Freddie fit?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:57 pm Would be tempted to go team wise especially if wet weather
1. Genge, 2. Montoya, 3. Cole
4. Wells, 5. Chessum
6. Hanro (If Fit)/Martin, 7. Van Staden, 8. Wiese
9. Youngs, 10. Ford
12. Kelly, 13. Scott
11. Nadolo, 14. Potter, 15. Steward

16. Dolly, 17. Leatigaga, 18. Heyes
19. Snyman, 20. Brink
21. Wigglesworth, 22. Hegarty, 23. Murimurivalu
Not sure why Hanro went off but given he's been out injured and only just back I doubt he will feature. I would rest him to get him back to full fitness for the resumption of the Premiership and give Martin the 6 jersey.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:04 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:57 pm Would be tempted to go team wise especially if wet weather
1. Genge, 2. Montoya, 3. Cole
4. Wells, 5. Chessum
6. Hanro (If Fit)/Martin, 7. Van Staden, 8. Wiese
9. Youngs, 10. Ford
12. Kelly, 13. Scott
11. Nadolo, 14. Potter, 15. Steward

16. Dolly, 17. Leatigaga, 18. Heyes
19. Snyman, 20. Brink
21. Wigglesworth, 22. Hegarty, 23. Murimurivalu
Not sure why Hanro went off but given he's been out injured and only just back I doubt he will feature. I would rest him to get him back to full fitness for the resumption of the Premiership and give Martin the 6 jersey.
Yesterday we looked lightweight in pack once Hanro and Weise went off, guess thats why he didnt dare bring Dolly on.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

We looked more mobile though, which considering Quins late game ability was key in stemming them IMO.
Chessum and Reffell both making big impacts chasing the kicks and putting pressure on Green
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:18 pm Moroni and Freddie fit?
For me Scott edges in terms of attack, Bordeaux are a very good attacking team but don't really have "Power Runners" in the backs but they are quick in defence wise Scott should be good.

Honestly would be tempted to put Moroni on the Wing for Nadolo as I am worried about the UBB backs getting round him. Considering how we are currently defending kicking games with Steward and Ford in the back field Moroni might be better suited to defend the 13/wing spot.

I would say that UBB play a even quicker brand of rugby than Quins, but also have a very big pack
This weekend they had a team of
1. Paiva, 2. Lamothe, 3. Cobîlas (Prob the area we might be able to target, but the also have so top class front towers in Dweba, Tameifuna and Poirot)
4. Petti, 5. Douglas (" International locks)
6. Woki, 7. Diaby, 8. Picamoles (Woki a standout for France this AI, Diaby a tank and Picamoles still has it).
9. Lucu, 10. Jalibert (Backs up behind IMO the 2 form International half backs)
12. Moefana, 13. Seuteni (2 very creative centres)
11. Lam, 14. Cordero, 15. Buros (One of the best back 3's in the top 14 potentially Europe, Cordero on 4 tries in 5 games this season).

These French european games is what i'm worried about in terms of lock quality though.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I've finally caved in, I cant risk chance of a Positive test to return.

Some goodish news, I cancelled hotel for free and got a credit note from Eurostar.

When and where is final this year, or maybe a semi, if we get that far?

Very very disappointed not to be going, got sequencing it all wrong, they should have introduced the Return to Home testing first, not last and certainly not at the last minute.

The Train Line black mark to you, they wont give any credit and they charge too much for travel changing dates, why cant they give a credit note similar to Eurostar?
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 pm I've finally caved in, I cant risk chance of a Positive test to return.

Some goodish news, I cancelled hotel for free and got a credit note from Eurostar.

Very very disappointed not to be going, got sequencing it all wrong, they should have introduced the Return to Home testing first, not last and certainly not at the last minute.

The Train Line black mark to you, they wont give any credit and they charge too much for travel changing dates, why cant they give a credit note similar to Eurostar?
Sorry you’ve decided not to make the trip, but I understand your reasoning. Hey ho, you’ll have to go to the return fixture at Welford Rd!
Semper in excretia
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 pm When and where is final this year, or maybe a semi, if we get that far?
Marseille. 27/28 May 2022.

Cancelled/postponed in Marseille last 2 years due to COVID, 3rd time lucky....maybe
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sounds like Jalibert is out
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:50 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 pm When and where is final this year, or maybe a semi, if we get that far?
Marseille. 27/28 May 2022.

Cancelled/postponed in Marseille last 2 years due to COVID, 3rd time lucky....maybe
Thanks, I may be able to use my Eurostar credits to get there. :smt001
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:43 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:05 pm I've finally caved in, I cant risk chance of a Positive test to return.

Sorry you’ve decided not to make the trip, but I understand your reasoning. Hey ho, you’ll have to go to the return fixture at Welford Rd!
Thanks Robes, 3 spare tickets still available, can email them to you.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks! I’m going in a group of five and for the moment, know of no one else. Let Tigers know and they may be able to use them!
Semper in excretia
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:26 pm
LE18 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks! I’m going in a group of five and for the moment, know of no one else. Let Tigers know and they may be able to use them!
I was hoping to give 3 French rugby supporters a really good Christmas "deal". :smt052
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looking forward to this one, even putting BT Sport back on! For one week at least this decides Europes best team ,big bragging rights 😉
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:40 am Looking forward to this one, even putting BT Sport back on! For one week at least this decides Europes best team ,big bragging rights 😉
Especially when SB gives the majority of the PRC 'squad' a run and we win :smt002 :smt003